ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

TWO CONS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

AX EARLY JULY AND COMIC CON.

SO WHATEVER HG HAS BEST IN THEIR POCKETS TO SHOW WILL BE THESE TWO CONS.

SO... WHERE WILL THEY GIVE THE NEW NAME? UP IN THE AIR.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 1 week ago #15651

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I would think AX would be the place to make any annoucement (singular) like the title of the sidequel as that was where they announce the project. Hopefully, they'll have a better trailer too. Comic Con would be the worst place to make an announcement nowadays as HG's news would be overshadowed by so much other news unless of course they announce the LAM is in production which we all know won't happen.
13 years 1 week ago #15691

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

ps99041 wrote:

I would think AX would be the place to make any annoucement (singular) like the title of the sidequel as that was where they announce the project. Hopefully, they'll have a better trailer too. Comic Con would be the worst place to make an announcement nowadays as HG's news would be overshadowed by so much other news unless of course they announce the LAM is in production which we all know won't happen.

AGREED.

THING IS, AX AND SDCC IS THE BEST PLACE TO CAPTURE A VIDEO OR PICTURE. HOPE SOMEONE HELPS OUT IN THAT PART.

SDCC IS THE BETTER PLACE THOUGHT. SINCE TH EPANELS ARE HUGE AND DARK. AS LONG AS YOU DON'T USE FLASH. LAST YEAR SOMEONE USE FLASH AND WAS SINGLED OUT. NOTHING HAPPENED OF COURSE BUT WITH CELL PHONE CAMERAS NOWADAYS YOU DON'T REALLY NEED FLASH.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 6 days ago #15695

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I look forward to SDCC2011, Mattel is supposed to reveal the new Voltron toy lines :cheer:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 6 days ago #15698

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

I look forward to SDCC2011, Mattel is supposed to reveal the new Voltron toy lines :cheer:

Kind of ironic considering that Mattel owns Matchbox and after the financing issues with Sentinels, that RT crashed and burned as a result ( At that time), and now they are helping bring back one of RT's competitors.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
13 years 6 days ago #15710

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Richardmvela wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Kind of ironic considering that Mattel owns Matchbox and after the financing issues with Sentinels, that RT crashed and burned as a result ( At that time), and now they are helping bring back one of RT's competitors.

A Robotech competitor? Where? All of Robotech's competitors are out of business. ;)
13 years 6 days ago #15712

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

ps99041 wrote:

I agree very mcuh with this post. Considering that SDCC will probably have larger panels for T-Cats and Voltron compared to a panel for HG/Robotech. Also Voltron and Thundercats are more "Universally" known.

TBH HG/Robotech needs something to happen and soon because everything else is starting to be left behind looking while other properties are moving forward.
13 years 6 days ago #15713

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Still nothing new going on with this project or did I miss something since it's been overshadowed by Voltron, Thundercats, Transformers, etc?
12 years 11 months ago #15910

Aside from the comics, nothing new. On a side note, I can not figure anyway in which the sidequel can be LLA. Just doesn't make any sense.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Richardmvela.
12 years 11 months ago #15911

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I'm starting to agree with this though they could use the scenes from LLA that take place after Mospeada's ending since the sidequel is supposed to be a flashback. It probably wouldn't match the animation that they're producing for the sidequel though. Also, having the completion date changed from summer 2011 to just 2011 makes me think that they may have planned to use LLA animation and changed their minds after all the backlash from fans about using the footage.
12 years 11 months ago #15915

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds