The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

  • Posts: 1611
  • Thank you received: 601

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

I'm not so sure about that. Doesn't matter if the Governor is a little crazy; in fact that craziness would lend itself to an unpredictability, and both characters have a strong supporting army, so you really can't just say "Neegan is clever so he will win". You could just as easily say "The Governor is crazy so he will win".
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
3 years 1 month ago #23448

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Posts: 3475
  • Thank you received: 974

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Alpha Bravo wrote: I'm not so sure about that. Doesn't matter if the Governor is a little crazy; in fact that craziness would lend itself to an unpredictability, and both characters have a strong supporting army, so you really can't just say "Neegan is clever so he will win". You could just as easily say "The Governor is crazy so he will win".


TBH both of them are psychopaths, maybe not on the same level but yeah you're right being crazy makes a person unpredictable, but based on what I know of Negan from the comics anyway, hes rather intelligent for a psychopath and very good at reading people. So what JDM should be saying is that Negan would be able to see through Governor's act and know he was crazy. Does that give him an advantage? Maybe but its hard to determine for sure just who would win.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


So yes both Negan and The Governor are psychotic. Even Gareth was pretty far gone as well.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
3 years 1 month ago #23450

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Posts: 3475
  • Thank you received: 974

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Okie dokie artechokie

here is our first teaser clip from Season 7



Dwight looking like a Daryl cosplay at best. So yeah not much of a clip because it doesn't show anything happening.
However.............

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
3 years 1 month ago #23555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Posts: 3475
  • Thank you received: 974

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

The Walking Dead: Morgan was originally supposed to appear at Terminus

Morgan was there at the very beginning of The Walking Dead. But the character then disappeared for awhile after the pilot episode, showing up for one episode in season 3 before making a few random appearances throughout season 5 and then joining the show full-time for the first time for season 6.
But according to a commentary track on the new The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season Blu-ray + Digital HD set (out Aug. 23), Lennie James’ character almost joined the show on a permanent basis earlier, and at a critical moment.
On a commentary for the “Here’s Not Here” episode, showrunner Scott M. Gimple reveals that there was a plan for Morgan to show up in dramatic fashion in the Terminus train car for the last shot of the season 4 finale. Allow Gimple to explain: “At the end of 416, Rick would say, ‘They’re screwing with the wrong people,’” explains Gimple, “and a gentleman would come out of the shadows of the train car and he would say, ‘Yeah, they are.’ And that would be Lennie, as Morgan. And it looked like it almost could have happened.”



Personally I'm glad they didn't go that route. Would've come across as cheesy IMO. He was better left as a teaser at the end of "No Sanctuary"

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
3 years 1 month ago #23572

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 1611
  • Thank you received: 601

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote: The Walking Dead: Morgan was originally supposed to appear at Terminus

Morgan was there at the very beginning of The Walking Dead. But the character then disappeared for awhile after the pilot episode, showing up for one episode in season 3 before making a few random appearances throughout season 5 and then joining the show full-time for the first time for season 6.
But according to a commentary track on the new The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season Blu-ray + Digital HD set (out Aug. 23), Lennie James’ character almost joined the show on a permanent basis earlier, and at a critical moment.
On a commentary for the “Here’s Not Here” episode, showrunner Scott M. Gimple reveals that there was a plan for Morgan to show up in dramatic fashion in the Terminus train car for the last shot of the season 4 finale. Allow Gimple to explain: “At the end of 416, Rick would say, ‘They’re screwing with the wrong people,’” explains Gimple, “and a gentleman would come out of the shadows of the train car and he would say, ‘Yeah, they are.’ And that would be Lennie, as Morgan. And it looked like it almost could have happened.”


Personally I'm glad they didn't go that route. Would've come across as cheesy IMO. He was better left as a teaser at the end of "No Sanctuary"


Well yeah, I mean, he could have been sitting there for hours listening to them and they had no idea he was even in there until he decided to make his presence known, because he's black, and black people blend into the shadows so well as to become invisible...

Who am I kidding, yeah that's cartoon shit
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
3 years 1 month ago #23573

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Posts: 3475
  • Thank you received: 974

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: The Walking Dead: Morgan was originally supposed to appear at Terminus

Morgan was there at the very beginning of The Walking Dead. But the character then disappeared for awhile after the pilot episode, showing up for one episode in season 3 before making a few random appearances throughout season 5 and then joining the show full-time for the first time for season 6.
But according to a commentary track on the new The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season Blu-ray + Digital HD set (out Aug. 23), Lennie James’ character almost joined the show on a permanent basis earlier, and at a critical moment.
On a commentary for the “Here’s Not Here” episode, showrunner Scott M. Gimple reveals that there was a plan for Morgan to show up in dramatic fashion in the Terminus train car for the last shot of the season 4 finale. Allow Gimple to explain: “At the end of 416, Rick would say, ‘They’re screwing with the wrong people,’” explains Gimple, “and a gentleman would come out of the shadows of the train car and he would say, ‘Yeah, they are.’ And that would be Lennie, as Morgan. And it looked like it almost could have happened.”


Personally I'm glad they didn't go that route. Would've come across as cheesy IMO. He was better left as a teaser at the end of "No Sanctuary"


Well yeah, I mean, he could have been sitting there for hours listening to them and they had no idea he was even in there until he decided to make his presence known, because he's black, and black people blend into the shadows so well as to become invisible...

Who am I kidding, yeah that's cartoon shit


And poor T-dog never even had to be in the shadows to be invisible. Poor fool never got any lines then he died saving Carol.
He did become a meme though, The One True Dog who will live forever in our hearts. So when someone asks you to name one character you miss the most, you gotta say T-dog.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
3 years 1 month ago #23576

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Posts: 3475
  • Thank you received: 974

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Well crap I forgot that FTWD returned tonight so I missed the premiere. But fear not because I will catch the episode later and post my review on it.

It's a Nick bottle episode that's all I remember.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
3 years 4 weeks ago #23588

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Posts: 3475
  • Thank you received: 974

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Hokay finally watched the episode last night, and with a friend. Had our eps in sync, so here are my thoughts.

Okay so the episode started out slow and ended slow, and most if not all of it was just showing Nick walking, sometimes alone, or other times with a herd of walkers, blending in because hes been covered in walker guts all this time. The episode often felt like "Survivor Man" at times because of Nick trying to find water. They show him trying to get it out of a cactus which makes him vomit and THEN we see him drinking his own urine :sick:

We see him getting attacked by a couple of dogs and one of them tears a chunk out of his leg, ouch, so he climbs atop of this van to get away from them. Then he spots a walker herd and so do the dogs who charge after them and start attacking them just to get swarmed and devoured. And if Nick drinking his own piss wasn't enough to gross you out, as he climbs down off the van once the walkers had had their fillet O dog, Nick attempts to try and eat from the carcass as well. :sick:

Then we meet these tough guys, ala dubbed "The Mexican Saviors" by my friend and I. Who turn out to be really stupid survivalists. In one scene they're shooting at Nick's new walker clan and miraculously Nick is unharmed and only the walkers around him are being taken down. But these mexican saviors are dumb enough to keep shooting despite the fact the walkers are getting closer and closer. Then Mr. dumbshit of the year drops his gun and bullets and sits there trying to reload his gun while his other buddies are waiting for him just to get swarmed and eaten. Stupid, stupid!

Nick gets away unharmed but his leg is infected and hes dehydrated again so he collapses onto the road while the walkers leave him behind, and it starts raining, cleaning the blood off his shirt better than Tide or Gain ever could. Then after he gets back up he finds a town and being he's a druggie, goes straight for the pharmacy but can't seem to find shit. Then some people find him and take him back to their community to be treated. It's either a variation of Mexican Woodbury or Aléjandria safe zone, my friend and I can't decide. We're also waiting to meet Mexican Negan or Negano with his Lucilleo at this point lol.

Overall the episode was okay, kinda slow and did show some flashbacks of Nick's life before the apocalypse, which didn't do much for the story IMO, but I get why they were thrown in.

I hope the next episode is better and IF Chris is in it, let it be the one where he looks at the flowers, please.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
3 years 4 weeks ago #23596

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 1611
  • Thank you received: 601

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote: Hokay finally watched the episode last night, and with a friend. Had our eps in sync, so here are my thoughts.

Okay so the episode started out slow and ended slow, and most if not all of it was just showing Nick walking, sometimes alone, or other times with a herd of walkers, blending in because hes been covered in walker guts all this time. The episode often felt like "Survivor Man" at times because of Nick trying to find water. They show him trying to get it out of a cactus which makes him vomit and THEN we see him drinking his own urine :sick:

We see him getting attacked by a couple of dogs and one of them tears a chunk out of his leg, ouch, so he climbs atop of this van to get away from them. Then he spots a walker herd and so do the dogs who charge after them and start attacking them just to get swarmed and devoured. And if Nick drinking his own piss wasn't enough to gross you out, as he climbs down off the van once the walkers had had their fillet O dog, Nick attempts to try and eat from the carcass as well. :sick:

Then we meet these tough guys, ala dubbed "The Mexican Saviors" by my friend and I. Who turn out to be really stupid survivalists. In one scene they're shooting at Nick's new walker clan and miraculously Nick is unharmed and only the walkers around him are being taken down. But these mexican saviors are dumb enough to keep shooting despite the fact the walkers are getting closer and closer. Then Mr. dumbshit of the year drops his gun and bullets and sits there trying to reload his gun while his other buddies are waiting for him just to get swarmed and eaten. Stupid, stupid!

Nick gets away unharmed but his leg is infected and hes dehydrated again so he collapses onto the road while the walkers leave him behind, and it starts raining, cleaning the blood off his shirt better than Tide or Gain ever could. Then after he gets back up he finds a town and being he's a druggie, goes straight for the pharmacy but can't seem to find shit. Then some people find him and take him back to their community to be treated. It's either a variation of Mexican Woodbury or Aléjandria safe zone, my friend and I can't decide. We're also waiting to meet Mexican Negan or Negano with his Lucilleo at this point lol.

Overall the episode was okay, kinda slow and did show some flashbacks of Nick's life before the apocalypse, which didn't do much for the story IMO, but I get why they were thrown in.

I hope the next episode is better and IF Chris is in it, let it be the one where he looks at the flowers, please.


So, Angry Joe had a letsplay thing with Man vs Wild starring Bear Grylls. It's a wilderness survival game from like 2011, and the guy carries two canteens with him. One is a canteen of water, the other is a canteen of his own piss, in case he runs out of water.

My question is... Why would he PACK a canteen full of piss to drink? Why not bring two canteens of water, and once the first one is empty, piss into THAT one, as you start drinking the second one? That way you get to drink two canteens full of water before having to drink piss, instead of drinking one canteen of water before having to drink piss. Guess he didn't think that one through.

Or he must really like to drink piss.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Alpha Bravo.
3 years 3 weeks ago #23597

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Posts: 3475
  • Thank you received: 974

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Hokay finally watched the episode last night, and with a friend. Had our eps in sync, so here are my thoughts.

Okay so the episode started out slow and ended slow, and most if not all of it was just showing Nick walking, sometimes alone, or other times with a herd of walkers, blending in because hes been covered in walker guts all this time. The episode often felt like "Survivor Man" at times because of Nick trying to find water. They show him trying to get it out of a cactus which makes him vomit and THEN we see him drinking his own urine :sick:

We see him getting attacked by a couple of dogs and one of them tears a chunk out of his leg, ouch, so he climbs atop of this van to get away from them. Then he spots a walker herd and so do the dogs who charge after them and start attacking them just to get swarmed and devoured. And if Nick drinking his own piss wasn't enough to gross you out, as he climbs down off the van once the walkers had had their fillet O dog, Nick attempts to try and eat from the carcass as well. :sick:

Then we meet these tough guys, ala dubbed "The Mexican Saviors" by my friend and I. Who turn out to be really stupid survivalists. In one scene they're shooting at Nick's new walker clan and miraculously Nick is unharmed and only the walkers around him are being taken down. But these mexican saviors are dumb enough to keep shooting despite the fact the walkers are getting closer and closer. Then Mr. dumbshit of the year drops his gun and bullets and sits there trying to reload his gun while his other buddies are waiting for him just to get swarmed and eaten. Stupid, stupid!

Nick gets away unharmed but his leg is infected and hes dehydrated again so he collapses onto the road while the walkers leave him behind, and it starts raining, cleaning the blood off his shirt better than Tide or Gain ever could. Then after he gets back up he finds a town and being he's a druggie, goes straight for the pharmacy but can't seem to find shit. Then some people find him and take him back to their community to be treated. It's either a variation of Mexican Woodbury or Aléjandria safe zone, my friend and I can't decide. We're also waiting to meet Mexican Negan or Negano with his Lucilleo at this point lol.

Overall the episode was okay, kinda slow and did show some flashbacks of Nick's life before the apocalypse, which didn't do much for the story IMO, but I get why they were thrown in.

I hope the next episode is better and IF Chris is in it, let it be the one where he looks at the flowers, please.


So, Angry Joe had a letsplay thing with Man vs Wild starring Bear Grylls. It's a wilderness survival game from like 2011, and the guy carries two canteens with him. One is a canteen of water, the other is a canteen of his own piss, in case he runs out of water.

My question is... Why would he PACK a canteen full of piss to drink? Why not bring two canteens of water, and once the first one is empty, piss into THAT one, as you start drinking the second one? That way you get to drink two canteens full of water before having to drink piss, instead of drinking one canteen of water before having to drink piss. Guess he didn't think that one through.

Or he must really like to drink piss.


LOL that's a good question. Why not bring two canteens of water? Sounds like the guy wasn't thinking things through at all.

But I think one of the worst survival stories I heard was about this ship wreck back in WW2 and these survivors drank booze instead of trying to distill the saltwater and make it drinkable. Some people just don't think very clearly in these situations. and yeah hardly any of those guys survived because they ended up completely dehydrated.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
3 years 3 weeks ago #23600

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds