The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote: EW Nicotero Interview on the Saviors

The Walking Dead EP Greg Nicotero talks 'sadistic' Saviors and season 7

There’s safety in numbers. Rick and his gang learned that the hard way in The Walking Dead season 6 finale as they kept coming across even bigger groups of Saviors every time they tried a new road to make it to the Hilltop. Negan’s army not only has the numbers, but as executive producer Greg Nicotero tells us, they have a legend and aura about them as well, which is often just as important.
“The Saviors, as sadistic as they may appear, they have a system that works for them,” says Nicotero. “Yeah, they’re f—ed up and they’re a little weird, but they’ve been doing this for a long time and they have a very large group. It’s not like it’s a pocket of 10 or 12 people. They have a good thing going and the most interesting thing about them for me is there’s mythos involved with them. It’s like, you hear about this guy Negan, just like you hear about this guy Rick, and you hear about these people. There’s a lot of that involved in Season 7.”
For Negan and the Saviors, it is that threat and reputation that keeps communities under their control in line. “It’s the mystery and the word-of-mouth that has spread along the countryside about these people, because that’s just as much a character point as it is meeting these guys, is hearing about them,” says Nicotero. “Oh I heard there’s this guy Negan and you got to give him half your stuff or he kills somebody just to prove his point. You know, I think that is as interesting as actually seeing the inner workings of how these places exist.”
In a cruel twist of fate, Nicotero also points out that it was the reputation that Rick was building that put him firmly on Negan’s radar to begin with. “Negan even says to Rick in the finale, ‘Oh, so you’re the guy that went out there, and you’re the guy that took out my guys, and you’re the guy that did this.’ So, Negan has heard of Rick. Rick has recently heard of Negan. So there’s a little sort of caste system of this castle over here and this castle over here and these guys have heard about them.”
And how these castles — or communities — continue to interact under Negan’s Law is the key to season 7. “The nice thing about this season is you will get a chance to see some of these inner workings of these different worlds and these communities and really get a chance to see how much they know about the rest of the world,” says Nicotero. “I think that’s a really good theme for season 7 which is, nobody really knows what the world has in store for them out there. So, the audience, just like these people, goes through these journeys.
The journey continues when the show returns to AMC in October.

Traditionally what would happen is an arranged marriage to ensure lasting peace between the two castles.

I'm guessing that's not gonna happen here.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 8 months ago #23165

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: EW Nicotero Interview on the Saviors

The Walking Dead EP Greg Nicotero talks 'sadistic' Saviors and season 7

There’s safety in numbers. Rick and his gang learned that the hard way in The Walking Dead season 6 finale as they kept coming across even bigger groups of Saviors every time they tried a new road to make it to the Hilltop. Negan’s army not only has the numbers, but as executive producer Greg Nicotero tells us, they have a legend and aura about them as well, which is often just as important.
“The Saviors, as sadistic as they may appear, they have a system that works for them,” says Nicotero. “Yeah, they’re f—ed up and they’re a little weird, but they’ve been doing this for a long time and they have a very large group. It’s not like it’s a pocket of 10 or 12 people. They have a good thing going and the most interesting thing about them for me is there’s mythos involved with them. It’s like, you hear about this guy Negan, just like you hear about this guy Rick, and you hear about these people. There’s a lot of that involved in Season 7.”
For Negan and the Saviors, it is that threat and reputation that keeps communities under their control in line. “It’s the mystery and the word-of-mouth that has spread along the countryside about these people, because that’s just as much a character point as it is meeting these guys, is hearing about them,” says Nicotero. “Oh I heard there’s this guy Negan and you got to give him half your stuff or he kills somebody just to prove his point. You know, I think that is as interesting as actually seeing the inner workings of how these places exist.”
In a cruel twist of fate, Nicotero also points out that it was the reputation that Rick was building that put him firmly on Negan’s radar to begin with. “Negan even says to Rick in the finale, ‘Oh, so you’re the guy that went out there, and you’re the guy that took out my guys, and you’re the guy that did this.’ So, Negan has heard of Rick. Rick has recently heard of Negan. So there’s a little sort of caste system of this castle over here and this castle over here and these guys have heard about them.”
And how these castles — or communities — continue to interact under Negan’s Law is the key to season 7. “The nice thing about this season is you will get a chance to see some of these inner workings of these different worlds and these communities and really get a chance to see how much they know about the rest of the world,” says Nicotero. “I think that’s a really good theme for season 7 which is, nobody really knows what the world has in store for them out there. So, the audience, just like these people, goes through these journeys.
The journey continues when the show returns to AMC in October.

Traditionally what would happen is an arranged marriage to ensure lasting peace between the two castles.

I'm guessing that's not gonna happen here.

Definitely not.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 8 months ago #23171

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

The Walking Dead: Exclusive intel and first season 7 photo of Morgan

There’s a lot of speculation over who died at the hands of Negan (and Lucille) in The Walking Dead’s season finale, but there is one person we do know is alive: Morgan! And we’ve got your first season 7 look at Lennie James’ character right here.
It appears Morgan is back with his trusty pole, but where is he? We last saw Morgan accepting help from two armored soldiers, but where did they take him? Those soldiers sure did look a lot like ones from the Kingdom, a community straight from the comic books run by colorful character known as King Ezekiel. If that is where Morgan is, it could play into what exec producer Greg Nicotero told us to expect in season 7.

“The exciting thing about season 7 is we’re really opening it up,” says Nicotero. “We started in season 6 by getting a sense that the world was a much larger place. We were laying the seeds for the fact that there is a very big world out there. So, in season 7, we really get a chance to explore those worlds in much greater detail.”

It appears Morgan may be doing some of that exploring up close. In the meantime, enjoy your exclusive full first season 7 look at Morgan below.

Also hate to say it but.....
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

7 years 8 months ago #23215

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

SDCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would so break in there and steal that Rick OMG it looks just like him <3

@MEMO if you're going there plz take more pics!!!! I will love you forever! :kiss:

7 years 7 months ago #23264

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Behold more great pictures!

7 years 7 months ago #23274

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

The first 30 second TV spot has been released

7 years 7 months ago #23278

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

IT'S OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG it looks amazing too. And I see they went the GOT route with the tiger which is fine
but dayum this looks good.

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 7 months ago #23295

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

"I am King Ezekiel, welcome to the Kingdom."

The actor's name is finally released and it's Khary Payton.

TBH I kind of wanted Samuel L. Jackson, but I know AMC wouldn't be able
to afford him :P

But just imagine the quotes!!!!!

"Morgan my niggah, all life is precious until some muthafucka starts running his mouth."

"I'm tired of these muthafuckin walkers in my mah muthafuckin kingdom!"

"Bitch, I got a muthafuckin tigah!"

okay I'll stop now LOL but you get it.

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 7 months ago #23312

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

A sexy new Negan pic!

Hello Daddy! :evil: <3

7 years 7 months ago #23441

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

If Negan Fought The Governor.....

The two characters will never meet, either in the comics or on the show. But if The Governor and Negan, two village rulers well-known for their cruelty, ever challenged each other for dominance, who would win?

EW asked Jeffrey Dean Morgan this question. What do YOU think his answer was? “It’s not even close..I mean, I love David Morrissey, but he wouldn’t stand a chance. Wouldn’t stand a chance. I’d put Negan up against anybody. He’s super smart and there’s no filter, no fear.”

Well….The Governor had a lot of guns. Guns usually defeat bats in combat every time. He was also handy with a sword, and he had access to a tank. Shouldn’t those things give him an advantage?

Morgan says it’s all about the mental state, and Negan’s toolshed is undeniably sharper. “The Governor was a little bit wack. Negan’s got it together. It wouldn’t even be close.”

He then apologized to the actor, whom he bore nothing against. “And I’m sorry, ’cause I really love David. He’s awesome. I worked with him for a year and there’s just not a better guy. But Negan versus the Governor wouldn’t be close.”

7 years 7 months ago #23447

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds