The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Season 6 of The Walking Dead will be released on Blu-ray, Digital HD and DVD on Aug. 23, and Anchor Bay has just announced the bonus features that will appear alongside the 16 episodes — including deleted scenes, audio commentaries, featurettes, and an extended version of the season finale.

Following is a list of the bonus features (WARNING: Serious spoiler alert on one of these titles):

• Inside The Waking Dead (DVD ONLY)
• Episode 616: “Last Day on Earth — The Extended Version” (BLU-RAY ONLY)
• Audio Commentaries
• Deleted Scenes
• The Making of The Walking Dead
• In Memoriam
• 601: Out of the Quarry
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

• Strength in Bonds
• Negan: Someone to Fear
• The Face of Death: Iconic Walkers of The Season

Get hype! Also I'm pretty sure that "extended" version is non other than the uncensored episode with all the fucks.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 8 months ago #23135

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Two updates from me in one day? Must be Christmas huh?

The Walking Dead: Exclusive first season 7 photo and intel revealed

We have your exclusive first peek at season 7 of The Walking Dead, and if it looks a lot like the end of season 6, that is no accident: there is still a bit of unfinished business to be revealed when things pick back up on AMC in October.
What sort of unfinished business? Well, learning the identity of the Negan’s first victim, for one thing. And while the wait for that intel has been looooooooong, the producers promise the answer will indeed come in the season premiere. “Yes, who was at the receiving end of Negan’s bat will be revealed in the first episode,” confirms executive producer Greg Nicotero, who directed both the season 6 finale and the season 7 premiere.
And if you thought Negan’s epic speech that closed season 6 was an isolated event, think again. Nicotero teases that Jeffrey Dean Morgan has plenty more rants to come in season 7. “Negan is that kind of guy,” says Nicotero. “He’s the kind of guy who imagines himself on stage at a high school production and he loves every second of it. So, I don’t really see a lot of quiet contemplative moments with Negan. I feel like with Negan it’s really going to be about him gesticulating and him sort of relishing in the sound of his own voice while he commands the stage in front of whoever’s alive.”
We’ll have plenty more Walking Dead news coming your way in the next few days, so follow me on Twitter @DaltonRoss to have it sent directly to you. In the meantime, enjoy your first season 7 look at Negan.

Welp at least we'll see who dies in the first episode. Hope they learned their lesson and will never do a shitty cliffhanger again.

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 8 months ago #23136

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Laurie Holden; The Original Plans for Andrea

Laurie Holden recently attended one of the Walker Stalker Cons, and revealed the show's original plans for her character Andrea.

"I had an eight-year deal; I was supposed to be there until the end. I was supposed to end up with Rick."

Laurie also revealed some of the of the show's off-screen troubles.

"I was supposed to save Woodbury on a horse, and I was buying a house in Atlanta. I got the call at 10o'clock the night before, while I was shooting, from the showrunner who is no longer a part of 'The Walking Dead' [Glenn Mazzara], saying that they couldn't write the episode and that he was killing my character. So we all got the script everybody on the set was sobbing. I felt like I got shot. None of it was supposed to happen the way it did."

In regards to the current status of her former show, Laurie said:

"I think 'The Walking Dead' is in a really good place now with Scott Gimple," she added. "It wasn't the ship that it is now. I'm very grateful how it was written that I went out with grace and with a stellar cast. It wasn't the way I wanted, but I loved the way I went out."

The writing for Andrea sucked horribly in Season 3, but thankfully Gimple took over in time to rewrite her death and give her a better send off than Mazzara had planned.

Still I would've liked to see Andrea live and see how much Gimple could've improved her character the way he did with Carol. Looking back at Season 1 there's no way in hell anyone could've seen Carol becoming the badass she is now. The same could've happened with Andrea too but nope. Fucking Mazzara :angry:

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 8 months ago #23146

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

The official SDCC banner for Season 7

7 years 8 months ago #23147

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote: Laurie Holden; The Original Plans for Andrea

Laurie Holden recently attended one of the Walker Stalker Cons, and revealed the show's original plans for her character Andrea.

"I had an eight-year deal; I was supposed to be there until the end. I was supposed to end up with Rick."

"I was supposed to save Woodbury on a horse, and I was buying a house in Atlanta. I got the call at 10o'clock the night before, while I was shooting, from the showrunner who is no longer a part of 'The Walking Dead' [Glenn Mazzara], saying that they couldn't write the episode and that he was killing my character. So we all got the script everybody on the set was sobbing. I felt like I got shot. None of it was supposed to happen the way it did."

"I think 'The Walking Dead' is in a really good place now with Scott Gimple," she added. "It wasn't the ship that it is now. I'm very grateful how it was written that I went out with grace and with a stellar cast. It wasn't the way I wanted, but I loved the way I went out."

The writing for Andrea sucked horribly in Season 3, but thankfully Gimple took over in time to rewrite her death and give her a better send off than Mazzara had planned.

Still I would've liked to see Andrea live and see how much Gimple could've improved her character the way he did with Carol. Looking back at Season 1 there's no way in hell anyone could've seen Carol becoming the badass she is now. The same could've happened with Andrea too but nope. Fucking Mazzara :angry:

I've heard she's as much a bitch in real life as her character is on the show, but she seems to have handled this pretty gracefully. Of course that could just be at the recommendation of her PR advisor. I thought she had tremendous potential for growth as a character, and it was bullshit that they killed her off simply for the sake of doing so. This is probably THE comics deviation that irks me the most.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 8 months ago #23150

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Laurie Holden; The Original Plans for Andrea

I've heard she's as much a bitch in real life as her character is on the show, but she seems to have handled this pretty gracefully. Of course that could just be at the recommendation of her PR advisor. I thought she had tremendous potential for growth as a character, and it was bullshit that they killed her off simply for the sake of doing so. This is probably THE comics deviation that irks me the most.

I've heard just the opposite about her in real life, though I can understand why she would be a bitch to some, since she received death threats on Twitter after the episode where she shoots at Daryl. She didn't kill him but still managed to anger the fangirls. Also people bitched at her for not killing the Governor when she had the chance. So she has put up with a lot of hate from fans which is unfortunate since she was only following a script, albeit a shitty one.

Some people can't seem to separate the actors from their characters, and it causes problems. Even the little girl who played Lizzie was attacked and threatened on Twitter. Mad fan disease, that's what I call it.

Anyways it's too bad we didn't get a scene with Daryl and Merle like this in Season 3.

courtesy of my friend Nick.

7 years 8 months ago #23154

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote: I've heard just the opposite about her in real life, though I can understand why she would be a bitch to some, since she received death threats on Twitter after the episode where she shoots at Daryl. She didn't kill him but still managed to anger the fangirls. Also people bitched at her for not killing the Governor when she had the chance. So she has put up with a lot of hate from fans which is unfortunate since she was only following a script, albeit a shitty one.

Some people can't seem to separate the actors from their characters, and it causes problems. Even the little girl who played Lizzie was attacked and threatened on Twitter. Mad fan disease, that's what I call it.

You know that's silly, and I know that's silly, but that's how people are. Welcome to the internet, the greatest social experiment in history. Here is where we uncover the truth regarding just how stupid the human race really is.

This is why aliens won't talk to us.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 8 months ago #23155

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: I've heard just the opposite about her in real life, though I can understand why she would be a bitch to some, since she received death threats on Twitter after the episode where she shoots at Daryl. She didn't kill him but still managed to anger the fangirls. Also people bitched at her for not killing the Governor when she had the chance. So she has put up with a lot of hate from fans which is unfortunate since she was only following a script, albeit a shitty one.

You know that's silly, and I know that's silly, but that's how people are. Welcome to the internet, the greatest social experiment in history. Here is where we uncover the truth regarding just how stupid the human race really is.

This is why aliens won't talk to us.

And what I've learned is stupidity knows no bounds. And now that you mention it there has been a high decline of UFO sightings since the beginning of the internet.

Not even the lochness monster wants part of our shit. Bigfoot does though, but he's also supposedly an ape so he's just as stupid.

7 years 8 months ago #23157

I read somewhere that Bigfoot can phase between dimensions so even he has been pretty much like "f you guys"
7 years 8 months ago #23159

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

EW Nicotero Interview on the Saviors

The Walking Dead EP Greg Nicotero talks 'sadistic' Saviors and season 7

There’s safety in numbers. Rick and his gang learned that the hard way in The Walking Dead season 6 finale as they kept coming across even bigger groups of Saviors every time they tried a new road to make it to the Hilltop. Negan’s army not only has the numbers, but as executive producer Greg Nicotero tells us, they have a legend and aura about them as well, which is often just as important.
“The Saviors, as sadistic as they may appear, they have a system that works for them,” says Nicotero. “Yeah, they’re f—ed up and they’re a little weird, but they’ve been doing this for a long time and they have a very large group. It’s not like it’s a pocket of 10 or 12 people. They have a good thing going and the most interesting thing about them for me is there’s mythos involved with them. It’s like, you hear about this guy Negan, just like you hear about this guy Rick, and you hear about these people. There’s a lot of that involved in Season 7.”
For Negan and the Saviors, it is that threat and reputation that keeps communities under their control in line. “It’s the mystery and the word-of-mouth that has spread along the countryside about these people, because that’s just as much a character point as it is meeting these guys, is hearing about them,” says Nicotero. “Oh I heard there’s this guy Negan and you got to give him half your stuff or he kills somebody just to prove his point. You know, I think that is as interesting as actually seeing the inner workings of how these places exist.”
In a cruel twist of fate, Nicotero also points out that it was the reputation that Rick was building that put him firmly on Negan’s radar to begin with. “Negan even says to Rick in the finale, ‘Oh, so you’re the guy that went out there, and you’re the guy that took out my guys, and you’re the guy that did this.’ So, Negan has heard of Rick. Rick has recently heard of Negan. So there’s a little sort of caste system of this castle over here and this castle over here and these guys have heard about them.”
And how these castles — or communities — continue to interact under Negan’s Law is the key to season 7. “The nice thing about this season is you will get a chance to see some of these inner workings of these different worlds and these communities and really get a chance to see how much they know about the rest of the world,” says Nicotero. “I think that’s a really good theme for season 7 which is, nobody really knows what the world has in store for them out there. So, the audience, just like these people, goes through these journeys.
The journey continues when the show returns to AMC in October.

7 years 8 months ago #23164

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds