The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

I missed the last episode of FTWD because I slept but I've got it and will watch sometime soon. According to some friends of mine it wasn't a dud but it wasn't the greatest either. They did say Chris grew some balls so all I can say is it's about time. Still don't like that kid tho, but anyway the newest issue of TWD comic was definitely a hit. Lately some of the issues tend to be hit or miss but this one was definitely not a miss and happens to be one of the best in a long time, probably because of Negan and his great lines. :laugh:

If you guys aren't caught up with comic I suggest doing so because you won't regret it. Just keeps getting better and better. I only hope the series can continue to do the same. Far as I know there's been a lot of studio filming for Season 7 lately and I assume this is to try and avoid spoilers from getting out. but enough of that, behold some of the greatness from the latest comic issue <3

I love how Negan doesn't appear to be afraid of anything. Gets surrounded by killers and what does he do? He talks shit. :P
Still can't believe he was a ping pong coach tho.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 10 months ago #22242

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Welp it seems FTWD is taking pages out of the book of TWD Season 2 and 3.

Chris is becoming Shane, tried to kill Madison and Alicia. Daniel is becoming Season 3 Rick with the PTSD insanity. Keep the phones away from him plz. They've reached their destination only it's Hershel and the barn all over again. Celia is nuts.
Strand was reunited with Abigail only to find out he is bitten and dying. How sad :( Strand wanted to die with him then changed his mind at the end and put him down before he turned and ended up in the cellar with the rest of the dead.

Next Sunday is the MSF and so we most certainly will lose a major character. I hope it's Chris, please oh please let it be Chris. That punk can't do anything right and he's becoming a threat to the group anyway. Travis needs to go Carol on his ass and tell him to look at the flowers already.

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 10 months ago #22266

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

This Negan statue is amazing :ohmy:

dat detail <3

Also there's a Daryl one that looks noice as well.

Both are gonna be on display at SDCC16 with the other goods.

McFarlane discontinued the 5 inch figures and now they're doing 7 inch figures instead. The first batch look to be Season 6 Rick, Glenn, Michonne, and Aaron. Yay Aaron <3

Travis from FTWD is also going to be the first figure of that series to be released, the second will most likely be Nick who will probably be wearing those old man clothes..........ick!

so for those of you going to comic con I want you to take lots of pictures plz.

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 10 months ago #22285

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Found some pictures of the other figures.

Both Rick and Michonne look awesome, but I'd rather see Rick in his brown coat either from Season 5 or
second half of Season 6.

12 inch Glenn with Rick in the background.

Special Deluxe Daryl with his bike

Travis

He looks decent I'm just surprised he was the first one to get a figure because I don't think he's nearly as popular as Nick, Daniel, or even Strand. But I'm sure the other characters will get figures in time including Chris :sick:

7 years 9 months ago #22329

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Look like stocking stuffers to me
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 9 months ago #22333

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: Look like stocking stuffers to me

I wouldn't mind having my stocking stuffed with Rick, oh wait that sounds wrong :laugh:

7 years 9 months ago #22337

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

MSF of Fear was pretty good surprisingly. So last episode Strand shot Abigail to prevent him from turning and ending up in the cellar with the rest of Celia's beloved undead collection. Celia is pissed at Strand and exiles him as a punishment. She also exiles Madison and the others but Nick later makes a deal with her to let them stay too and he goes out and brings back her zombified son in exchange for letting his family live in the sanctuary. He does it covered in walker blood of course. Then my favorite character of all time, Chris runs away like the little pissant he is. Travis goes after him and tries to talk to him but Chris attacks him and says he's no good. (and he's right about that)

Then Madison realizes both Chris and Travis are gone and Nick volunteers to look for them and bring them back. Daniel has gone completely insane and ends up attacking some dudes and Celia has him tied to a chair where she tries to convince him to accept the new world and become a part of it. (how sweet, NOT) He's also gone full Season 3 Rick and sees his dead wife and shes talking to him at the same time Celia is and hes listening to her and not the crazy lady. Then after Celia leaves and some guy comes to feed him he goes Season 3 Glenn and kills the guy while tied to the chair. This is why Daniel is so awesome <3

Madison tries to talking to Celia to find out what nonsense she's put inside Nick' head, cause he's accepted Celia's whole batshit theory that the dead are not really dead and you must care for them. (Even though she poisoned them SMH)
Then Madison tricks Celia into wanting to understand so Celia takes her to see her caged zombies and is stupid enough to unlock the gate and walk in only to have Madison close the gate behind her locking her in to be devoured by her loved ones. That was almost too easy.

By then Nick has found both Travis and Chris and Travis tells Nick to tell Maddie he never found them because Travis has decided he needs to be with his son. So they're going to leave together and make it on their own I guess? Lame move. Travis needs to realize that Chris is dangerous and unpredictable. He even tried to stab his father during their fight earlier. Not good IMO. Nick understands and leaves back home only to find it in flames. Daniel after getting free has gone down to the cellar and set it ablaze which also causes the entire sanctuary to go up in flames. Nick liked Celia a lot and so when he finds out that his mom killed her, he refuses to leave with them back to the boat. Hes covered in walker blood and says he feels better when walking with the dead. (WTF?)

Also
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

It was a whole lot of WTF but maybe when the series returns in August, we'll get some answers and Travis will finally put Chris down before he either kills him first or harms someone else. But yeah Chris has gone full Shane at this point, which is an insult to Shane tbh. Chris is trash.

7 years 9 months ago #22395

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

In an interview with FTWD showrunner David Ericson, he said we aren't going to know whether or not Daniel Salazar survived until Season 3. The back half is supposed to focus on the characters and how they deal with their losses, so I guess it's a waiting game eh?
Well as long as it isn't revealed he was hiding under a dumpster all this time I guess I'm fine with that decision.

But what I want to know is........................Where is Tobias? We saw him in like two episodes of Season 1. I liked that kid I wanted to see him become a survivor dammit! He'd better come back in Season 3 at least. The FTWD crew are back on Abigail so where are they going next?

in other news filming of Season 7 of TWD is still going on and last thing I heard was that Dwight was seen wearing Daryl's vest. So he's got his crossbow and his vest? I don't think Daryl is dead though.

But I need this dialogue in Season 7 plz

I swear Negan and Khyron would get along just fine.

7 years 9 months ago #22423

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

In less than 7 hours from now guess who's going to be at Walker Stalker Con? ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omg I am so excited there's going to be so many more cast members there.

Pinch me I must be dreaming right? Holy shit I'm going to try and meet them all and get lots of pictures!!!!! :woohoo:

7 years 9 months ago #22435

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Omg so I went to Walker Stalker Con today and it was fucking awesome!!!!! Yeah excuse my french. But I saw so many of the cast there and even people from other series too. Sadly my friend's phone sucked at taking pics and it was hard to get some decent pictures without people walking in the way but I did get a selfie taken with Michael Rooker <33333

He was sooooooo nice and sweet. I walked up to him and I go "Omg I miss Merle so much! And he hugged me and then put his arm around me for the picture and said come here lady in his Merle voice it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And omg dat cologne he was wearing was so overpowering I nearly fell over :laugh: But sadly I had a really bad migraine and so I had to take the picture with my sunglasses on cause I had just taken my fiorcet.

Also a lot of people I tried to meet were either only doing autographs and pics or away for lunch so sadly I couldn't meet everyone but at least I saw them, including the actor who plays Chris from FTWD. There was like no one in his line I felt kinda bad for him, then right next to his booth was the actor who plays Tobias omg I should've met him but I had to sit down cause my ankle was swelling.

Also Cudlitz (Abe)'s line was tooo freaking long and I already waited a good 30-40 minutes to meet Rooker so I didn't get to meet him. I saw Ross (Aaron) up close and personal but he wasn't doing meet n greets after his lunch so that was a bummer. And right next to his booth was Chandler (Carl) but he was also missing. However I saw Josh (Eugene) Seth (Father Gabriel) Andrew J West (Gareth) and many, many more. I tried to get a pic of Alanna (Tara) for my friend Adam because he is in love with her but she was also missing at the time I was there.

But anyway on to the pics! Sorry the quality isnt that great blame my friend's phone.

Me meeting Rooker

Like I said he was sooooooooo nice and nothing at all like Merle haha but he did the voice it was great.

Another pic of Rooker with some other fans

Ross's booth

This beautiful mural I couldn't resist taking a pic of.

The actor who played Pete in Season 5 Corey Brill I think is his name and right next to him was Andrew J West (Gareth)

I also had a pic of Irone (T-dog) but can't find it rn, sorry!

But yeah I had a freaking blast today and I'm going to save up for VIP passes next year. Hopefully Andrew Lincoln will come or even Norman Reedus. I know I'll be waiting forever to meet them but hell its worth it!

There were also lots of great cosplays and I wanted to take pics of them because one in particular was awesome. I saw someone dressed as the Governor carrying Michonne's sword and of course lots of Negan's and Carls and Daryls. There was even an awesome Carol costume.

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 9 months ago #22444

Time to create page: 0.633 seconds