The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote:

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Hokay finally watched the episode last night, and with a friend. Had our eps in sync, so here are my thoughts.

Okay so the episode started out slow and ended slow, and most if not all of it was just showing Nick walking, sometimes alone, or other times with a herd of walkers, blending in because hes been covered in walker guts all this time. The episode often felt like "Survivor Man" at times because of Nick trying to find water. They show him trying to get it out of a cactus which makes him vomit and THEN we see him drinking his own urine :sick:

We see him getting attacked by a couple of dogs and one of them tears a chunk out of his leg, ouch, so he climbs atop of this van to get away from them. Then he spots a walker herd and so do the dogs who charge after them and start attacking them just to get swarmed and devoured. And if Nick drinking his own piss wasn't enough to gross you out, as he climbs down off the van once the walkers had had their fillet O dog, Nick attempts to try and eat from the carcass as well. :sick:

Then we meet these tough guys, ala dubbed "The Mexican Saviors" by my friend and I. Who turn out to be really stupid survivalists. In one scene they're shooting at Nick's new walker clan and miraculously Nick is unharmed and only the walkers around him are being taken down. But these mexican saviors are dumb enough to keep shooting despite the fact the walkers are getting closer and closer. Then Mr. dumbshit of the year drops his gun and bullets and sits there trying to reload his gun while his other buddies are waiting for him just to get swarmed and eaten. Stupid, stupid!

Nick gets away unharmed but his leg is infected and hes dehydrated again so he collapses onto the road while the walkers leave him behind, and it starts raining, cleaning the blood off his shirt better than Tide or Gain ever could. Then after he gets back up he finds a town and being he's a druggie, goes straight for the pharmacy but can't seem to find shit. Then some people find him and take him back to their community to be treated. It's either a variation of Mexican Woodbury or Aléjandria safe zone, my friend and I can't decide. We're also waiting to meet Mexican Negan or Negano with his Lucilleo at this point lol.

Overall the episode was okay, kinda slow and did show some flashbacks of Nick's life before the apocalypse, which didn't do much for the story IMO, but I get why they were thrown in.

I hope the next episode is better and IF Chris is in it, let it be the one where he looks at the flowers, please.

So, Angry Joe had a letsplay thing with Man vs Wild starring Bear Grylls. It's a wilderness survival game from like 2011, and the guy carries two canteens with him. One is a canteen of water, the other is a canteen of his own piss, in case he runs out of water.

My question is... Why would he PACK a canteen full of piss to drink? Why not bring two canteens of water, and once the first one is empty, piss into THAT one, as you start drinking the second one? That way you get to drink two canteens full of water before having to drink piss, instead of drinking one canteen of water before having to drink piss. Guess he didn't think that one through.

Or he must really like to drink piss.

LOL that's a good question. Why not bring two canteens of water? Sounds like the guy wasn't thinking things through at all.

But I think one of the worst survival stories I heard was about this ship wreck back in WW2 and these survivors drank booze instead of trying to distill the saltwater and make it drinkable. Some people just don't think very clearly in these situations. and yeah hardly any of those guys survived because they ended up completely dehydrated.

"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 7 months ago #23604

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

So streams have been shit lately so I've had to watch the new episodes a day later or so.

So here's a summary of shit that's gone down.

Nick is in the Mexican woodbury still where its obvious the people there share this cult like mentality regarding their dead and keep a bunch of walkers outside their fences which they refer to as "the wall". Members who are bitten or sick sacrifice themselves to become a part of this wall and Nick witnesses this when a little girl's father is bitten and willingly feeds himself to the dead. Nick feels bad for her and tries to do something nice when he and this new chick Luciana leave together to retrieve supplies from this place which is run by the Mexican drug cartel. They are told to only take what they need but Nick ends up stealing some knock off brand hostess cake called a Gansito for the little girl, which almost costs him his hand when he is caught, but Nick is able to talk them out of it by convincing the guy his sister is having withdrawal from lack of oxy and that Nick can get it for him in exchange for more water. So the deal is made yadda, yadda and Nick ends up making the little girl feel better when he returns to Mexican woodbury and gives her the stolen cupcake.

This is witnessed by the dude who treated his dog bite, a man called the pharmacist. Yes cheesy I know. I guess El Governor was too similar eh? But whatever, so this pharmacist is worshiped by these people because he apparently was bitten by a walker and survived. Nick calls bullshit and the guy shows him his ugly scar on his neck which does look like something bit a chunk out of him but who knows?

In that same episode we are shown that Madison, Strand, Alicia, and Ophelia are headed back for Abigail (the yacht) only to discover its been stolen. So then they head north to some hotel where a lot of stupid shit goes down. Basically Alicia and Ophelia are exploring the hotel rooms while Madison and Strand get drunk at the bar only later to be surrounded by walkers. Another cliffhanger yay!

Next episode is mostly focused on Travis and his blooming psycho idiot son, Chris. Travis's feet are bad and becoming infected so they realize walking isnt the best option anymore and find a car. Chris convinces his dad to let him go off and explore this abandoned taco shop to see if there's food or other supplies they could use and Travis agrees. So Chris goes off by himself and runs into a small group of american frat boys who supposedly shot the owners of the taco joint and one of them is almost killed by a walker when Chris saves his ass. Whoopty-doo.

But Chris has also stolen water and a large can of beans from them too. (eat your heart out Carl) then makes it back to his dad who has just hot wire the car they found and they drive off. Travis drives for a while till his feet hurt so then he lets Chris drive who spots a walker in the middle of the road and surprisingly doesn't pull a Lori and crash the car. Then they park the car in the middle of nowhere and build a fire and begin to eat the beans (cue the fart jokes) later to discover someone is coming after them so they put out the fire and hide and then its revealed to be those frat boys Chris ran into before. Chris looks at them like hes in love (yes Chris release your inner gay) and Travis intervenes acting like the uncool parent telling his son these guys are bad news, but Chris tries to convince his dad they can survive better with them, they need people. (no Chris you're just coming out of the closet, it's okay son)

So they camp with these dudes and then take off with them the next day in their truck until they come across this farm where they stop so they can loot more supplies. Well it turns out the place isn't abandoned and the farmer finds the guys in his barn full of chickens trying to kill one and he shoots the guy. Travis tries to be Dale and convince Chris and the frat boys that this isn't who they are, they're wrong for doing this, yadda, yadda, and then Chris just fucking shoots the farmer dead which shocks everyone, especially his father who has this look of utter hopelessness on his face, realizing that his son is a lost cause.

So now I predict that either Travis is going to make Chris look at the flowers, or Chris is going to end up killing his dad because hes uncool and doesn't like his new friends.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 7 months ago #23692

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

THE WALKING DEAD

We’d love to be able to tell you that the AMC drama’s Season 7 premiere won’t be as upsetting as you fear it’s going to be. Sadly, we can’t. In resolving the Season 6 finale’s “Who did Negan whack?” cliffhanger, “we spared no drop of awfulness, no iota of misery, no scintilla of pain,” showrunner Scott M. Gimple previously warned TVLine. In other words, “it does get gory.” However, after the blood and tears have dried, as the survivors attempt to figure out how to live under Negan and the Saviors’ rule, “there’s absolutely lightness… humor… warmth,” the EP promised. “It isn’t all misery.” (Thanks, Carol!) Plus, not only has the show promoted to series regular Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan), Tom Payne (Jesus), Xander Berkeley (Gregory) and Austin Amelio (Dwight), it’s cast Khary Payton as Ezekiel, the flamboyant leader of The Kingdom — and figured out how to handle his pet tiger! So to both our heroes and viewers, it may feel like, as Norman Reedus (Daryl) put it, “a completely brand-new world” — one that’s primed for a revolution. Even when Rick & Co. find a way to endure their new normal, they’ll still “want to win back their lives,” Gimple said. Which means that they’re heading toward what, in the estimation of leading man Andrew Lincoln, is “one of the greatest showdowns… since Terminus.”
RETURN DATE: Sunday, Oct. 23 at 9/8c (AMC)

7 years 7 months ago #23699

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan and Lucille: 'It's his d---'

Negan just might be the most colorful character in The Walking Dead universe. So it fits that the man who now plays him on TV, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, can be a little colorful himself, especially when talking about the love of Negan’s life: his barbed wire-covered baseball bat he affectionately refers to as Lucille.

We asked Morgan what it was like the first time he got to actually hold Lucille, and… well, his answer pretty much says it all.

“It was awesome,” says Morgan. “It really kind of, for me, informed my character and who I was — just kind of the heft of her and the love that he has for her. It makes him hard, for God’s sake, just holding her. But it was great care taken with Lucille from the guys that built her.”

Morgan then went on to talk about the symbiotic relationship between Negan and Lucille, a relationship he says is even closer than we thought. “There’s something about her, especially when there’s blood dripping off her. There’s a certain beauty that she has. And for me it’s an extension of Negan. They become one in these scenes together. It’s his d—. I mean, for lack of a better thing, it really is.”

A crude analogy, perhaps, but one that make sense and tracks if you are familiar with the vulgarity of the character. Allow Morgan to explain. “It’s how he walks differently with her, he holds her, and it’s a part of him. He uses her to emphasize certain points, not just ‘I’m going to kill you.’ There’s a thing that he has with Lucille, and it’s as close to love as maybe Negan will ever have. He loves Lucille. She’s a character of her own. I mean, she really is, and I love the way he talks about her and he feels about her and how he treats her. But yeah, the first time I held her I knew — this is it.”

Of course, Lucille is not the only iconic Negan prop. We also asked Morgan what it’s been like wearing the black leather jacket, especially when working in that Atlanta summer heat. “It’s very hot. I mean, it’s very hot,” laughs the actor. “When we shot the [season finale] in November, I was like, ‘This is great!’ I was so happy, not thinking oh, July in Atlanta. Now I’m just f—ing sweating. I can’t keep in enough fluids.”

The one day we saw Morgan working on set in 97-degree heat, he was downing Gatorade between takes. “I’m pounding Gatorade, but I’ve still been fighting cramps,” he says. “I get horrible cramps midway through a scene, my ribs will cramp up or my legs or something. So it’s about trying to get that under control. You don’t go back to your trailer on this show. It’s not like other shows where you do a scene, you go back to your trailer, and you sit in the air conditioning. We all stay on set all day. We don’t leave. Once you get to work in the morning, you go to set and you’re there for 14 or 16 hours in that heat with the crew.”

As least he has Lucille to keep him company.

7 years 7 months ago #23703

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

This is why Negan is great and his lines are pure gold (from Issue #158)

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 7 months ago #23716

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Incoming pic spam

more promotional art for Season 7

Rick Grimes

Carl Grimes

Michonne

7 years 7 months ago #23800

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Carol

Daryl

Maggie

7 years 7 months ago #23801

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Glenn

Abe

Eugene

7 years 7 months ago #23802

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Sasha

Aaron

Negan

7 years 7 months ago #23803

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Dwight

Spencer

Tara

Father Gabriel

7 years 7 months ago #23804

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds