The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Well the season 9 finale was rather interesting. Carol and Ezekiel have broken up because she doesn't want him blaming Daryl for Henry. Understandable.

Negan has proven just how much he has changed when he went after Judith in the snow storm and brought her safely back. He and Michonne had a meaningful conversation and I wonder if this means he won't have to return to his cell and instead can start living in Alexandria as a contributing member.
After all I don't think anyone else could have gone after Judith the way he did. He's much stronger than a lot of their people so it made sense that it had to be him. Although Daryl would be a second runner up.

We also learned that Alpha and the Whisperers have migrated south to avoid the winter, since its a month later after the events of the fair. And she proves to be quite a masochist when she asks Beta to beat her with a tree branch.

Loved that snowball fight at the end when everyone made it to Alexandria. That was a sweet moment and it was nice seeing our characters happy for once.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by LadyGrimes.
5 years 3 weeks ago #27079

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 106

Replied by jeanie on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Poor Carol. I just wanna hug her for, like, a week. I don't understand this desire to assign blame. The only one to blame is Alpha. SHE killed them. SHE made that choice. But I'm still defending Daryl over Glenn...

Negan does seem to be a changed man, although the wicked sense of humor survived. (Father Not-the-father). I loved that line about no one thinks they're the evil one. I don't think he should be turned totally loose, but something like house arrest would work. He's definitely outgrown the need for the cell.

That snowball fight was wonderful! These folks deserve a moment of sheer joy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
5 years 3 weeks ago #27080

I hears that next season they're gonna explore Daryl's sex/romance life. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I was right! So far what Angela Kang has said lines up with my theory.
5 years 2 weeks ago #27081

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

jeanie wrote: I hears that next season they're gonna explore Daryl's sex/romance life. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I was right! So far what Angela Kang has said lines up with my theory.

Well I guess its about that time eh? I'm fine if that's the direction his story takes. I never felt like he needed anyone to complete him, as I don't believe that with anyone lol.

But this seems to coincide with Carol breaking off her marriage with Ezekiel. Caryl shippers will be rejoicing that's for sure, but also angry it took so long to happen in the first place.

I know a lot of Michonne fans were not happy with how her story went this season, especially after the disappearance of Rick. I felt Michonne was only being cautious after what she went through. And towards the end she eventually got over some of that paranoia. Although it seemed right after she agreed to be a part of the Kingdom fair, that's when Alpha murdered and stuck the heads of their people on pikes to mark her border.

I was wondering how Michonne felt after that, or even if she regretted her decision. But then again the victims weren't anyone currently residing in Alexandria, it was deaths from hilltop and kingdom only.

5 years 2 weeks ago #27082

Frankie and DJ lived in Alexandria. Michonne's known Tara since Terminus and just now made up with her. i think Michonne regrets the time she wasted being isolationist... she knows it was against everything Rick and Carl wanted. Negan and Judith schooled her on that.

I do think if Daryl ends up with anyone, it should be Carol. I'm glad they're finally addressing it - so sick of people shipping him with everybody he spends more than ten minutes with.
5 years 2 weeks ago #27084

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

jeanie wrote: Frankie and DJ lived in Alexandria. Michonne's known Tara since Terminus and just now made up with her. i think Michonne regrets the time she wasted being isolationist... she knows it was against everything Rick and Carl wanted. Negan and Judith schooled her on that.

I do think if Daryl ends up with anyone, it should be Carol. I'm glad they're finally addressing it - so sick of people shipping him with everybody he spends more than ten minutes with.

I was a tad confused about where Frankie had come from so thanks for clearing that up for me.

And I agree it should be Carol. In fact during the episode "Consumed" from Season 5 where Daryl and Carol are teamed up to try and find Beth. The theme that keeps playing throughout is Chris Issac's Wicked Game, albeit instrumental only but you can definitely hear the tune through the piano notes. So that theme was used for a reason obviously.

Also it feels weird not having TWD to watch tonight. I'm gonna have to find something else. They begin filming for Season 10 early next month though. And next August I'm planning on going to walker stalker con. So till then I've got to save up for all the autographs I'm going to try to get. I know for sure Chandler Riggs "Carl" and Khary "Ezekiel" will be there so far. Tickets go on sale at the beginning of summer so I go to jump on it.

5 years 2 weeks ago #27086

We saw Frankie in the flashback episode. Apparently one of the kids Jocelyn stole was hers (but too old to be Negans... I'm thinking she adopted it.)
5 years 2 weeks ago #27088

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Well I hear there's going to be a third walking dead spinoff now and I guess they want the group to be two female leads or something.

I think AMC should focus on how they're going to wrap up the two shows they've already got before adding a third one to the mix. They aren't even bothering to ask if maybe some people might be burnt out on TWD.

5 years 1 week ago #27089

I thought Fear and the Rick movies were overkill. Building a franchise that lasts (like Star Trek) can't be forced. AMC is trying to force it.
5 years 1 week ago #27090

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

jeanie wrote: I thought Fear and the Rick movies were overkill. Building a franchise that lasts (like Star Trek) can't be forced. AMC is trying to force it.

Yep they clearly view the series as nothing but a cash cow at this point. Meanwhile they've got a bunch of lawsuits to attend to. Everybody under the sun seems to be suing amc lol.

It's a wonder they ever get new shows on their network. This third installment is going to be the final nail in the coffin I think. What a shame.

5 years 1 week ago #27093

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds