Anyone else losing interest?

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Thanks for the cut and paste, but I've read them and actual "books" too.

Considering I'm an amature screenwriter (aka unproduced) it's kind of necessary to understand the business you are working toward. I've presented one simplified scenario of what has already taken place. There are many ways to get a film produced depending on who's attached to it, the potential market value, the current trending, etc...

If an accomplished director or popular star gets attached to a project, it will increase the available budget a studio is willing to spend. Hence "Transformers 1" got a budget of 150M based on the backing of Dreamworks and Michael Bay being attached to direct.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by zinjo.
14 years 1 month ago #10323

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

ZINJO

Depends on what they are referring to. There was the initial 1 disc release (#1), The two disc set (#2), The Bluray release (#3) and the "Collector's Edition" Release (#4). Sounds like spin doctoring to me.

UM.. THE INITIAL 1 DISC WAS RELEASE TWICE.

ONCE IN THE FIRST RELEASE AND AGAIN LATE LAST YEAR.

4 TOTAL RELEASES SO FAR.

NOT COUNTING HULU OR YOUTUBE WHERE HG MADE MONEY ON INTERNET RIGHTS AGAIN THERE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 1 month ago #10325

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ZINJO

Depends on what they are referring to. There was the initial 1 disc release (#1), The two disc set (#2), The Bluray release (#3) and the "Collector's Edition" Release (#4). Sounds like spin doctoring to me.

UM.. THE INITIAL 1 DISC WAS RELEASE TWICE.

ONCE IN THE FIRST RELEASE AND AGAIN LATE LAST YEAR.

4 TOTAL RELEASES SO FAR.

NOT COUNTING HULU OR YOUTUBE WHERE HG MADE MONEY ON INTERNET RIGHTS AGAIN THERE.

Links?

And don't bother to link to "quotes", hard number facts please.
14 years 1 month ago #10330

• Alpha1
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The one and only original Alpha1 from Robotech.com

Replied by Alpha1 on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Richardmvela wrote:

Hi all, it's been a while since posted recently aside from a piece on Gundam. Is anyone else starting to lose interest in Robotech with out anything to realy catch your attention. Aside from expensive toys, just kind atired of waiting for Shadow Rising which we know nothing about. If you look back on TSC, work began on it early in the 2000's but it wasn't released until 2007. Nothing since then just gets old.

Look at Appleseed. The first CGI movie took them little more than a year they said if you watched the extras, and Ex Machina came two years later and looked even better. Things like this discourage me from RT and I think I'm kind of at the point where I can give a damn anymore. Anyone else feeling like this?

I've never lost interest in Robotech since I first watched it as a child in the 80's.

In my opinion, Robotech as a brand is one of the greatest pieces of science fiction ever produced.

However I can certainly understand why someone would lose interest in Robotech because HG has not been consistent with the release of new material over the years.

Since new material is produced and released at a snail's pace, fans simply get bored.

Your feelings of losing interest is the result of a company that does not know how to successfully keep their brand fresh, new, and exciting by regularly producing and releasing new content.

Keep in mind that any existing product requires a company that is willing to maintain a sense of excitement(well beyond hosting or being part of conventions) This is why successful companies like Coca Cola, Yum Brands, Apple, Cisco Systems, Verizon, etc regularly maintain the level of consumer demand by releasing and promoting the release of new products.

The current business plan that Harmony Gold has with Robotech just isn't working. This is because HG is either unwilling or unable to keep the Robotech brand fresh by consistently releasing new material.

In addition, what HG has done has proved to be inadequate as the couple of video games, the release of Robotech on DVD(including remastered versions), and collectables is certainly not enough to maintain the level of excitement necessary to keep existing fans and potential new fans interested.

Robotech will continue to have a relatively small cult following as a result when compared other similar brands.

I think that the best thing that could happen with Robotech is that Harmony Gold should sell Robotech to either Liberty Media, Time Warner, Comcast, or Disney; or one of those companies should purchase HG. Robotech has grown larger as a brand than HG has a company; therefore it's time for HG and Robotech to separate.

Until that happens, I believe that it's up to the fans to support the brand by writing fan fiction, producing new material and releasing it online, and simply trying to introduce Robotech to our friends and family.
14 years 1 month ago #10332

To Richardmvela:

If Frank wants to get out profitably, he should sell the franchise to WB.

WB has released several anime titles under their brand. The Appleseed movies appear to be the most recent. They know how to market their titles and take the niche market seriously enough to feed it.

HG is a very small company in the media business and its greatest profits have come from licensing foreign properties and selling them to domestic US distributors.

They were pretty active in this endeavor in the 70's, 80's and particularly the 90's.

No production costs or large staff to pay, very little overhead and large profits because of it.
14 years 1 month ago #10335

ZINJO

Links?

And don't bother to link to "quotes", hard number facts please.

I'LL LET YOU FIND THEM HERE. AIN'T GONNA MAKE IT THAT EASY FOR YOU.

If Frank wants to get out profitably, he should sell the franchise to WB.

THATS A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

I'LL PASS THAT ON TO FRANK TO SELL ROBOTECH SO WB CAN

1.LIVE ACTION MOVIES AND SEQUELS
2.FUTURE ANIMATION SHORTS
3.SELL MERCHANDISING
AND OTHER WB ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCTS...
14 years 1 month ago #10349

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I'LL LET YOU FIND THEM HERE. AIN'T GONNA MAKE IT THAT EASY FOR YOU.

No links?

Just as I thought... :P

I'LL PASS THAT ON TO FRANK TO SELL ROBOTECH SO WB CAN

1.LIVE ACTION MOVIES AND SEQUELS
2.FUTURE ANIMATION SHORTS
3.SELL MERCHANDISING
AND OTHER WB ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCTS...

Rock on!

I have no issues with that... B)
14 years 1 month ago #10354

ZINJO

Just as I thought...

FRONT PAGE...

AND ALSO GOT CALL BACK FROM HG. THEY SOLD ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION TO WB ALREADY.

:P
14 years 1 month ago #10359

• Alpha1
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The one and only original Alpha1 from Robotech.com

Replied by Alpha1 on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ZINJO

Just as I thought...

FRONT PAGE...

That's great! I hope that Time Warner(i.e parent company of Warner Bros) buys all the rights to Robotech or Harmony Gold. As I said earlier, Time Warner is one of the companies that I believe would do a much better job with the Robotech brand than HG. :woohoo:
14 years 1 month ago #10366

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Are we channeling Tommy Yune here Memo?

The comment was about selling the franchise NOT just the movie rights...

I'm sure you can recognize the difference there. B)
14 years 1 month ago #10375

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds