Anyone else losing interest?

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Viper wrote:

Give it up, HP...

MEMO can't come to terms with the idea of a franchise like Harmony Gold getting so disgusted and pissed off that they just dump the Robotech fans.

Fixed....... HEHEHE

Also I think it is awesome that Carl is back but since the Robotech LAM put everything on hiatus then whats the point in expecting Carl to make things happen now?

And Rob/Viper,
You can still like Robotech and do your book, Don;t make the mistake I did like when I at first shunned Macross because of the problems,Macross is a great anime and was not to blame for problems,,like Robotech is great too and it is a product and we can't blame the product because a franchise and whacked out fans (like I was) is surrounding it.

I am how ever losing big time interest in Robotech's future considering how HG is letting it die and blame the LAM.
14 years 2 months ago #9999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Viper

MEMO can't come to terms with the idea of a franchise like Harmony Gold getting so disgusted and pissed off that they just dump the Robotech fans.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DUMPED?

BUT PIZZA IS RIGHT. YOU HAVE YOUR OWN WORKS TO GO BY. YOU DID IT BEFORE GOING OUT WITH HG ( :huh: ) AND YOU CAN STILL DO IT AFTER THE BREAK UP.

JUST BECAUSE YOU GET DUMPED DOES NOT MEAN YOU SIGN UP WITH A DIFFERENT CULT OR GO EMO ON US.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #10004

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

With the Maia issues, and now the Genesis thing that happened its not caused me to have a low level of interest, im dissapointed in HG immensly. I dont have the same energy in RT as I did a week ago.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
14 years 2 months ago #10185

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

With the Maia issues, and now the Genesis thing that happened its not caused me to have a low level of interest, im dissapointed in HG immensly. I dont have the same energy in RT as I did a week ago.

Genesis never had a chance. It doesn't matter how good it was/is, or how much folks at HG may or may not have liked it or have been impressed by it - to ensure that there was no dilution of their trademark, they HAD to send a C&D. To ignore it would have opened a legal crack for any number of copycat ventures, regardless of quality.

I don't know the particulars around... uh.. the genesis of Genesis, and whether or not they thought they had addressed this, but this is a story that's been played out over and over again in varying stripes of fandom. This was inevitable.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Sushispook. Reason: I haven't had enough coffee to spell correctly yet
14 years 2 months ago #10188

HEHEHE

ONCE YOU GUYS GET THAT HG DOES NOT RUN YOUR LIFE, EVERYTHING WILL BE MUCH EASIER. CONTROL YOUR SPENDING, WATCH OTHER MOVIES OR ANIME, TALK TO FANS AND CHECK THEIR FAN WORKS AND FAN FICS AND IT WILL BE MUCH EASIER ON YOU. MOVE AROUND THE COMMUNITY.

ROBOTECH WILL ALWAYS BE THERE. BUT IF YOU WAKE UP TO THE SHADOW OF HG YOU WONT GET OFF OF IT. ALWAYS WONDERING WHERE AND WHERE IT IS AND WHAT ITS DOING.

I KNOW ROBOTECH AND HG ARE JUST ABOUT THE SAME. BUT IT'S ALSO DIFFERENT.

I DON'T WORK FOR HG. SO I DON'T WORRY ABOUT THEM. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AS A COMPANY AND WILL ALWAYS DO WHAT THEY ALWAYS DO.

FOR ROBOTECH.. NOW THAT'S A DIFFERENT STORY. WHY MANY OF US ARE HERE AND THE OFFICIAL PAGE. NOSTALGIC, INTEREST, COMMUNITY, WHATEVER THE CASE MAY BE WE ARE HERE OR THERE. BECAUSE A COMMON INTEREST...

ROBOTECH
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #10189

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Kind of hard to ignore the "shadow" of HG when they're selling crappy merchandise and stepping on fans toes while trying to ruin RT more than it's already been ruined.
and yes I'm looking at TSC continuation... the whole yunified version of robotech blows more than paris hilton and because of that I've lost interest in anything new from HG

It's just better to watch the train wreck from the sidelines, know what I mean?
And I don't have hopes for the live action movie either, because in all my prissy, bitchy honesty, no celebs are good enough to portray those characters and that's just something I firmly believe in.

next order of business! Cantaloupes and why I hate them!

-HP-

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by LadyGrimes.
14 years 2 months ago #10191

Replied by Jaymz on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

HappyPenguins wrote:

-HP-

HEY! What did Canteloupes ever do to you!?
14 years 2 months ago #10192

DERAILED A TRAIN I GUESS... :huh:

HP.. LET ME KNOW WHEN IT CRASHES. I MEAN.. IT'S BEEN LIKE SO MANY YEARS I BEEN HEARING THE SAME RUBBERNECKING THEME AND IT JUST NOTHING.

:side:
14 years 2 months ago #10193

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Jaymz wrote:

HappyPenguins wrote:

-HP-

HEY! What did Canteloupes ever do to you!?

they touched my hands!

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #10194

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

HappyPenguins wrote:

...the whole yunified version of robotech blows more than paris hilton and because of that I've lost interest in anything new from HG

That's why I take what little good wheat is amidst the whole shitload of chaff in everything Shadow Chronicles related and distill it for my own pleasure. I guess maybe its somewhat different for gamers since we can literally create our own stories when we game. I can mix 'n match what I need/want and dump the rest.

Not, mind you, that I'm particularly happy with what Tommy Yune and Harmony Gold have/are doing.
14 years 2 months ago #10201

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds