Anyone else losing interest?

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by LT-Grishnahck on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

BRL, that's a fricken BAD ASS AGAC'S pic!!!!
"Anything is preferable to the domination of the Invid"

I'm with Supreme Commander Leonard.

HAIL TO THE D.O.L.
aka Hermann2 at RT.com

In the Middle Universe, evil fears Daltanias.
14 years 2 months ago #9326

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Personally, I’ve never lost interest in Robotech…. It has always had a special place in my heart and mind… Lack of fancy new toys isn’t gonna make any difference to me really… sure they’d be cool and all… but it’s the STORY of Robotech that keeps my interest… Just knowing that at any time I can pop in the DVDs keeps me interested…. Each time I toss in one of those DVDs its like an instant Robotech recharge. All my friends are back.. just like they were when I was 9. And they will always be there as long as the DVDs hold out. And IF I want some kind of continuation of the story… I’ll write one of my own… There is enough material in those 85 episodes to keep me interested for a lifetime.

Sure… we’d all like something new… for many… its closure for the original cast…. For others… its fancy new toys… For me…. I’ll just wait and see… because the lack of anything new isn't gonna change my interest in the STORY.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
14 years 2 months ago #9328

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

My entire interst in Robotech was sustained from age 5 to 18 on just 2 episodes of Robotech, the first two. We had a VCR tape with them on it. for over 15 years i didn't have any toys (one broken VT that was missing many parts we got at a yard sale is all) or additional episodes. I was that obsessed with it with virtually NOTHING.

It wasn't until i was 18 that i got the DVD collection (Navy graduation gift) and not until 2005 did i discover RT.com.

Personally i don't need "more" to keep my interest. I will never lose interst with Robotech ever.

I do however lose intest in forums where ppl do nothing but gripe about the lack of RT. I am a RT fan first and formost and nothing anyone says or does will change this fact.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 2 months ago #9343

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Mark
You made an excellent point there.I wish I could say that I never lost interest,maybe I just forgot about it because back in around 1991 I lost touch with alot of things and Robotech might have been one of them.If it was not for Robotech Battlecry I might have never got back into the Robotech wave.Sad enuf I never noticed the Legacy sets before the game.I saw them at stores but the boxes did not catch my attention.

I rushed myself back into Robotech by buying the Macross saga of the Legacy set (I mailed that to my Mom who loves Robotech too) and got back deep when I bought the Protoculture set and Shadow Chronicles and many Masterpieces and things I got at rt.com.

You reply has "tamed the beast" of anger that I feel towards HG,it bugged me that a great anime like Robotech is so far behind others like Voltron,Scooby-doo,Casper,Macross,Gundam and Transformers it made me wonder if HG cares they are last in the anime race for the fans.

For what its worth I apreciate you reply.
Laters
14 years 2 months ago #9347

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

You reply has "tamed the beast" of anger that I feel towards HG,it bugged me that a great anime like Robotech is so far behind others like Voltron, Scooby-Doo, Casper, Macross, Gundam and Transformers it made me wonder if HG cares they are last in the anime race for the fans.

I don't think Tommy Yune cares about anything that doesn't aggrandize himself. He's an egomaniac and anything that didn't originate with him, it doesn't get done. There is so much untapped potential in Robotech's 2 remaining chapters (let alone The Sentinels), but Harmony Gold won't deal with it.
14 years 2 months ago #9477

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Scooby Doo & Casper are anime? :S

I don't think Tommy Yune cares about anything that doesn't aggrandize himself. He's an egomaniac and anything that didn't originate with him, it doesn't get done. There is so much untapped potential in Robotech's 2 remaining chapters (let alone The Sentinels), but Harmony Gold won't deal with it.

Then someone should kick his ass out of the director's chair

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by LadyGrimes.
14 years 2 months ago #9478

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

I dont know enough about Tommy Yune to say he has a 'tude or ego. I do understand the notion of wanting do do something completely fresh and new.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
14 years 2 months ago #9497

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

I dont know enough about Tommy Yune to say he has a 'tude or ego. I do understand the notion of wanting do do something completely fresh and new.

YOU DONT KNOW BROOK THAT WELL DO YOU?

PSSST.. JUST DONT SAY SOUTHERN CROSS SHOULD NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY. :huh:
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9499

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

My first RT toy was the Spartan Hovertank. Id love to see a MPC, shit even a vynil. i gotcha though :lol:
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 2 months ago #9505

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

FIRST ROBOTECH TOY?

A MATCHBOX SDF-1
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9513

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds