Anyone else losing interest?

• Nikolay116
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Nikolay116 on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Just irritates me that nothing new seems to be coming to make Robotech big again.

Maybe it is time to stop being just passive spectator? Majority of fans are like you, that's why the community soooo boring. Oh no..I forgot about one "popular" activity to promote robotech - podcasts. Podcats about other podcasts about other podcasts...It will defintely make it big again...

Yawn....
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Nikolay116.
14 years 2 months ago #9267

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Besides I feel if I want to talk to Gubaba about Macross I can ask him here.

Please don't. :)
14 years 2 months ago #9269

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Its sad to see RT go into limbo like this. Honestly the franchise has so much potential in both its history and what it could offer in future endeavors. Reading everyones post here make me want to lose interest in RT, but I wont.

Can I tell you a story:

Ive been a RT fan since back in the day, 1985. As a child I could only afford so many toys, and since RT toys were far an inbetween I never had any. I settled for bootlegs of the vf-1j or the sdf-1, but it wasnt the same. Back in 2001, at 22 yrs old I started to collect Transformers again as a passtime. I must have spent thousands of dollars on a collection that would have rapid fluxuations because of the need to have, just to simply have. A year later the Battlecry game came out and I remember buying an xbox with the sole purpose of playing this game, no other games at the time really held my interest. Right after I started checking out the MPC's that were being produced at the same time and I wanted them, badly. But I couldnt afford $80.00 per valk at the time. I settled on super posables to get me by. In 2008 I bought my first MPC. I spent $70.00 a Rook Vol 2. It broke on me in the first week, I returned it for an exchange and the second one broke again. RT.com wouldnt replace it again, so I emailed Toynami about my plight. I told them that I wanted to get a refund and start building my MPC collection as I had already picked up 2 different Voltrons and a VF-1j after the Alpha, and I wanted more MPC Macross toys. Do you know what happened? I got a call on my cell from Los Angeles. I(realized after) was on the George Sohn. I must have spoken to him for over an hour. Mind you at the time I had no clue as to who I was speaking to, I told him how I wanted the Alpha, but I wanted the macross veritech more. We spoke about the other RT, Macross, and Mospeada stuff the company was working on. He told me straight out that there was no hope of a vehicle voltron or a hovertank. He knew there were problems with the Alphas, but better thngs were on the was from the RT line. He offered me a direct refund for sending back the Alpha and told me if I ever had another problem to email him directly.

I was so impressed with how he handled me I literally sold all of my TFs to get the money I needed to pick up what I wanted from the Macross MPC collection. and I still have funds alongside a checklist of items I wanted to get from the Toynami Robotech, Macross, etc lines. You guys may be losing interest or may be getting frustrated. But to be honest, Ive felt more of a fandom bond in RT/Macross, than Ive ever felt in all of my years in the TF communities. And I say that not to be insultive to them, theyre all good people. Its just a perspective.

Between RT and Macross, and all the other communitive lines that are intertwined, I believe in this product and the people behind them. Im not falling off. I just keep being a fan and advocating on boards like this and RT.com to get more product out. Ill keep my promise to Mr. Sohn to send him updates of my collection. Im a fan.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 2 months ago #9274

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

I AM STILL HOPING FOR A RICK HUNTER MPC
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9278

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

EDITED:

LEGAL DEBATE IN CANON FODDER
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9280

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

One thing that definetly is not helping HG keep Robotech alive is the fact they never go mass public with anything anymore.

Shadow Chronicles was only released in a few theaters and then went exclusivly dvd.

HG refuses to contract a decent toy company to mass produce Veritechs and destroids to get the new (and old) fans attention while making new fans.

HG refuses to air Robotech on any network exept for youtube and hulu.

If I may be so bold to say,I think Harmony Gold does not have alot of faith in their Robotech or Robotech products,because otherwise we would see it all over the place and Shadow Chronicles would have been a national theater release and we would have more than just 15,000 types of mechas made.

So the thread should be changed to

"Who will stay interested in Robotech?"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 2 months ago #9285

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I got a call on my cell from Los Angeles. I(realized after) was on the George Sohn. He told me straight out that there was no hope of a hovertank.

Well, then I (and a number of others whom I know) won't be giving him one fucking red cent if that's his position. Toynami can cram their license so far up their ass someone can set fire to their nose to light it up.
14 years 2 months ago #9290

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

UMM.. BROOK,

Well, then I (and a number of others whom I know) won't be giving him one fucking red cent if that's his position. Toynami can cram their license so far up their ass someone can set fire to their nose to light it up.

BEFORE YOU GET THEM PITCH FORKS AND ALL.. UM.. YOU KINDA BEEN DOING THIS SINCE TOYNAMI APPEARED ALREADY. MARCHING INF RONT OF THE BUILDING, CRANK CALLS, FLY OVERS AND UP TO SINGING TELEGRAMS AT THE OFFICE WITH A HUGE MIDDLE FINGER STRAIGHT UP THE AIR...

UMM, YOU SURE YOU YOU NOT ALONE ON THIS... AGAIN?
:huh:
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9294

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Lol, that's hilarious. Love that quote Brook.

But seriously as for the Hovertank MPC I think Toynami is passing up an excellent opprotunity here for Southern Cross merchandise to be available in markets where the fandom do exist.

I'm quite sure, that in Canada Southern Cross has a much larger following than in the U.S. Only because the original broadcast intially showed only Macross and Southern Cross from the local WUTV affiliated FOX 29 back in 1985. If my memory serves me correctly they never showed the New Generation arc.

Also in the recent 2009 Space channel up here in Canada, the first run ended in the finale of Southern cross. Once again the New Generation was missed for good reason as I believe the New Generation saga was never big up here to begin with.

Some canadian Robotech fans have noticed this too. Back in 1985 I remember the reason why when Kmart and Wolco existed, they use to push far more Southern Cross merchandise up here that ethier Macross or New Generation.

I believe that was mostly due to the enormous demand for Macross merchandise and New Generation Macross in the U.S. Leading to the programming to reflect those merchandise sales as well. The space channel might of remembered how strong the market of Southern Cross merchandise had been up here that led to canadian Robotech fans having a strong fondness to Southern Cross.

I wish Macross and New Generation was as big up here as Southern Cross, but alas it is one of many reasons why canadians are clearly make us distinct to our U.S. counterparts.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 2 months ago #9296

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Anyone else losing interest?

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I got a call on my cell from Los Angeles. I(realized after) was on the George Sohn. He told me straight out that there was no hope of a hovertank.

Calm down. Its not so much his position, its what he's contracted to manufacture so dont blame toynami say something to HG. Its not as if toynami is for example: hasbro, and they have total control of merchandise and all else intertwined.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 2 months ago #9297

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds