PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

Richardmvela wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HEHEHE

AS LONG AS YOU IN GOOD TERMS WITH HG. YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING.

How true this statement is and it's not necessarily a good thing. I purchased the Shadow Chronicles rpg and was looking forward to further books, however the delays are a viable issue. Granted the family issues are unfortunate but in the end business is business.

I mean that in know way to be cruel however if Simbieda is experiencing issues he may want to get a defined number 2 to run things in his organization in case of emergencies.

That being said I hope to see more art in the books then is provided.

YES, I AGREE TO A POINT. FOR THE FANDOM IT'S BAD SINCE WE HAVE TO WAIT.

NOW HG IS ALL ABOUT THAT DOLLAR ON THESE TOUGH TIMES. SO HELPING OUT KEVIN WITH MORE TIME TO FINISH THE BOOK IS GOOD SINCE KEVIN MIGHT RETURN THE FAVOR. THAT'S SOMETHING BETWEEN HG AND THEIR LICENSEES.

ps99041 wrote:

Definitely an understandable reason for all the multiple delays but this still makes me skeptical about a summer 2011 release even though that timeframe itself is quite vague. Maybe if they had started the manuscript but hearing it calling means you're not getting to it for awhile.

JUST A WAIT AND SEE. KEVIN BEEN OPEN IN HIS UPDATES ABOUT ANY DELAYS AND SUCH. IS THAT NOT WHAT YOU GUYS WANT TO HEAR AT LEAST? UPDATES?

AT LEAST WE CAN WAIT AND SEE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #16093

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

Good point Memo, we gotta give Kevin props for being open about the delays unlike HG and Toynami. I'm just not gonna get my hopes up until he says he's working on the manuscript.
12 years 11 months ago #16097

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

I understand having family issues, but a two year delay and its still ongoing. Like was suggested earlier in this thread, perhaps he needs to hire someone who can handle his responsibilities for extended periods of time.

I do appreciate that Palladium and Mr. Siembieda give updates, it would just be nice if they could set estimated dates they can realistically achieve.

MORE UPDATES FROM PALLADIUM AND KEVIN SIEMBIEDA:
www.palladiumbooks.com/press/press2011-05a.html

Palladium Books® Weekly Update – May 5, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda

UPDATE: Online sales. I’m happy to report online sales are up this week and finally hovering around the level we like to see them. With any luck, sales will remain strong for a while or even continue to climb. They should, as Palladium continues to build momentum with the regular release of new titles, and growing excitement over our plans for the future. Best of all, folks are clamoring for the two Rifts® Vampire titles, as well as Rifts® Lemuria, Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook and Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames. So I guess I’d better start writing and editing faster!

UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. No movement on this title this week as my energy has been spent elsewhere. I did have a nice talk with Tommy Yune and he was glad to hear we want 2-4 Robotech books out by the end of the year.

June 2011 Releases
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
- Rifts® World Book™: Lemuria (tentative)
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (tentative)

In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.

"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16099

Replied by Richardmvela on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

One of the things I hope they do with thr RPGs is, to put more actual art in them. The TSC rpg was very scant in the art. There were a few nice pics, but I was hoping to see more detailed line art for characters and vehicles. Also hope they offer more specs on the weapons and tech.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16107

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Hold on here. They hope to release 4 books when their 1st book only has a tentative release and only 2 books even have titles listed? Why get hopes up? Just focus on 1 at a time and if more books get released it's just gravy.
12 years 11 months ago #16122

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

ps99041 wrote:

Hold on here. They hope to release 4 books when their 1st book only has a tentative release and only 2 books even have titles listed? Why get hopes up? Just focus on 1 at a time and if more books get released it's just gravy.

THAT'S WHAT I SAID. :huh:

OK, I CAN SEE MAYBE HAVING TO MUCH FOR ONE BOOK. MOVING THINGS AROUND AND SUCH... BUT TO ACTUALLY WORK ON 4 BY THE END OF THE YEAR? WONDERING IF THIS IS BEING PUSHED BACK INTENTIONALLY.

I DO FEEL SORRY FOR THE GUY AND ALL AND SUPPORT HIM. BUT THAT LAST TIDBIT JUST THREW ME OFF.KEVIN BETTER SERVE HIS 4 BOOKS. IF HE DOES NOT.. THEN I SAY STOP YANKING THE CHAIN ON THE UPDATES AND FINISH NEW GENERATION AT LEAST.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #16133

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Yup, making statements like this just potentially ruin his credibility but can we really criticize him since that's what HG has done also?
12 years 11 months ago #16149

Replied by rtsurfer on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

Palladium Books® Weekly Update – May 19, 2011
palladiumbooks.com/index.php/about-palla...y-update-may-19-2011
By Kevin Siembieda

Folks are clamoring for the two Rifts® Vampire titles, as well as Rifts® Lemuria, Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook and Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames, so now it is simply a matter of getting them finished and to press.

UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. Man oh man, Robotech® fans are getting hungry for more books. It seems like I see at least one or two inquiries about this book and others every single day. I guess I'd better get this book moving in the pipeline faster, especially if we want it out before Gen Con Indy.

[Gen Con Indy is August 4-7]

July 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #55 – New
- Rifts® World Book™: Lemuria – New
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New (tentative)

[Last couple of weeks New Gen was listed as a June release]

In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.

"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16339

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Yet despite up to 2 people asking about these books daily, the TNG release is still tentative after being pushed back another month?
12 years 11 months ago #16342

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ps99041 wrote:

Yet despite up to 2 people asking about these books daily, the TNG release is still tentative after being pushed back another month?

UNTIL THEY GET A RELEASE DATE. EVERYTHING IS TENTATIVE.
;)
12 years 11 months ago #16360

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds