PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Yet despite up to 2 people asking about these books daily, the TNG release is still tentative after being pushed back another month?

UNTIL THEY GET A RELEASE DATE. EVERYTHING IS TENTATIVE.
;)

Any date/s will likely remain tentative until KS announces its gone to the printers.
For them tentative means, we want the fans to think a book is coming out but when it doesn't we have covered our butts.

See this is one of HG's problems, and the companies they have been doing business with. They don't set realistic, firm dates and have no sense of urgency or accountability.
In the real world you can't just pull a date out of thin air then keep moving it back each time it doesn't work out, you're actually expected to set a deadline then meet it. Sure there's a thing called an extension, but you usually only get one and you better have a really good reason for using it.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16362

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Richardmvela on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

I think HG needs creative director that has a much more clear vision or strategy for the franchise and maybe a department that handles and assists licensee.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16363

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

rtsurfer wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Yet despite up to 2 people asking about these books daily, the TNG release is still tentative after being pushed back another month?

UNTIL THEY GET A RELEASE DATE. EVERYTHING IS TENTATIVE.
;)

Any date/s will likely remain tentative until KS announces its gone to the printers.
For them tentative means, we want the fans to think a book is coming out but when it doesn't we have covered our butts.

See this is one of HG's problems, and the companies they have been doing business with. They don't set realistic, firm dates and have no sense of urgency or accountability.
In the real world you can't just pull a date out of thin air then keep moving it back each time it doesn't work out, you're actually expected to set a deadline then meet it. Sure there's a thing called an extension, but you usually only get one and you better have a really good reason for using it.

I actually posted a comment similar to this to mckeevie back in the day and he just dismissed it cause i "don't know how the business works." More like I, and no one else for that matter, know how HG works which is why the franchise is in it's current dismal position.
12 years 11 months ago #16364

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

ps99041 wrote:

I actually posted a comment similar to this to mckeevie back in the day and he just dismissed it cause i "don't know how the business works." More like I, and no one else for that matter, know how HG works which is why the franchise is in it's current dismal position.

SEE. NO MATTER WHAT INFO YOU GUYS GET EITHER WAY IT WILL BE TAKEN AS YOU ASSUME IT WILL. BAD.

WHY ITS FUNNY WITH ALL THESE UPDATES AND SUCH.

NOW, HG AND KEVIN HAVE A DEAL IN BRINGING THIS BOOK OUT. THEY JUST HAVE A BETTER RELATIONSHIP THAN, "IF YOU DON'T DELIVER, WE WILL GO WITH SOMEONE ELSE". KEVIN BEEN THERE FOR HG ON THE RPG'S AND ONE WHO KNOWS MORE ABOUT IT THAN ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE. IF HG FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THEM AND THEY GET MORE FOR WHAT THEY PAID FORE, THEN THAT'S A WIN.

NEVER SEEN WHERE THE RPG'S LOST IN REVENUE. AS A MATTER OF FACT, EVEN KEVIN ADMITS IT THAT THE SALES OF ROBOTECH RPG'S SAVED HIS COMPANY.

IN THE END IT WILL STILL BE BOUGHT. NO MATTER IF IT'S OUT NEXT YEAR.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #16370

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

SEE. NO MATTER WHAT INFO YOU GUYS GET EITHER WAY IT WILL BE TAKEN AS YOU ASSUME IT WILL. BAD.

WHY ITS FUNNY WITH ALL THESE UPDATES AND SUCH.

NOW, HG AND KEVIN HAVE A DEAL IN BRINGING THIS BOOK OUT. THEY JUST HAVE A BETTER RELATIONSHIP THAN, "IF YOU DON'T DELIVER, WE WILL GO WITH SOMEONE ELSE". KEVIN BEEN THERE FOR HG ON THE RPG'S AND ONE WHO KNOWS MORE ABOUT IT THAN ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE. IF HG FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THEM AND THEY GET MORE FOR WHAT THEY PAID FORE, THEN THAT'S A WIN.

NEVER SEEN WHERE THE RPG'S LOST IN REVENUE. AS A MATTER OF FACT, EVEN KEVIN ADMITS IT THAT THE SALES OF ROBOTECH RPG'S SAVED HIS COMPANY.

IN THE END IT WILL STILL BE BOUGHT. NO MATTER IF IT'S OUT NEXT YEAR.

We're just saying that successful companies only become successful by delivering an actual product rather than making promises of producing a project and then delaying it over and over. The reason HG won't go with another RPG publisher is more likely due to no one else being interested in the property since I'm still searching for Robo-Tech on anything other than a clearance shelf. Also, if the Robo-Tech RPGs save his company, wouldn't Kevin make new releases a priority? It must be nice to live the land of McKeever - no responsibilities...
12 years 11 months ago #16380

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

ps99041 wrote:

The reason HG won't go with another RPG publisher is more likely due to no one else being interested in the property since I'm still searching for Robo-Tech on anything other than a clearance shelf.

Well, back before Palladium reacquired the license, there was chatter that Harmony Gold was asking too much for the license.
12 years 11 months ago #16385

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

The reason HG won't go with another RPG publisher is more likely due to no one else being interested in the property since I'm still searching for Robo-Tech on anything other than a clearance shelf.

Well, back before Palladium reacquired the license, there was chatter that Harmony Gold was asking too much for the license.

I think this is the case with every company interested in producing something for Robotech or Macross for sure which is why Yamato never ended up releasing their toys in the US after their initial announcement.
12 years 11 months ago #16388

www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php/about-p...y-update-may-26-2011

Weekend Super-Sale – 5 Days Only!

We need to help people find Palladium’s new website and buy product to get online sales back where they belong. To make that happen, I’ve come up with a Memorial Day Sale with prices on select items that will knock your socks off! Since it’s Palladium’s 30th Anniversary, we mostly bundled items in groups of three.

The savings are mind blowing. Like what? How about the “Hardcover” Robotech® Shadow Chronicles RPG ($30.95 retail) for only $15.95, or three Rifts® prints ($26.00 value) for only $10.00, or $20 worth of Rifts® miniatures for $7.00. Sale runs from today through Memorial Day Weekend. Ends Tuesday morning, May 31, 2011.

See the full description of the Memorial Day Sale later in this Weekly Update. And PLEASE spread the word about the sale, the new website and pick up those new and back in print books you've been meaning to buy.

July 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #55 – New
- Rifts® World Book™: Lemuria – New
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New (tentative)

In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.

12 years 11 months ago #16443

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic PALLADIUM TO RELEASE "NEW GEN" AND "UEEF" RPG'S

rtsurfer wrote:

www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php/about-p...y-update-may-26-2011

Weekend Super-Sale – 5 Days Only!

the “Hardcover” Robotech® Shadow Chronicles RPG ($30.95 retail) for only $15.95

THANKS RTSURFER. WILL PASS THIS TIDBIT OF INFO TO THE FANS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #16449

www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php/about-p...y-update-june-2-2011

Palladium Books® Weekly Update – June 2, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda

Another wild and crazy (but good) week on many fronts.

UPDATE: Online Sales. Sales over Memorial Day weekend were excellent. People loved the Memorial Day Sale. The Robotech® hardcover was the number one selling item, the print set number two, with everything else clustered in a tie for the number three and four slots. We sold a good number of non-sale items too. Thank you for your support.

"Robotech® hardcover was the number one selling item"
Cool that a Robotech rpg book outsold Palladium's other sale items. Also shows people are interested in full size Robotech rpg books if they aren't over-priced.

www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php/about-p...y-update-june-2-2011

Second Chance Sale – June 2-5, 2011. To make amends to those of you who missed the Memorial Day Sale last week because of the aforementioned browser/shopping cart problem, we are re-offering the Memorial Day Sale items this weekend. We don’t want anyone to feel disappointed or cheated because they missed out due to technical difficulties beyond their control. I hope this makes up for the order problems some of you experienced last weekend. It also gives those of you who missed the sale an opportunity to order. To sweeten the pot, I have added two NEW Sale bundles. Enjoy and spread the word. Sale ends Monday morning, June 6, 2011.

If you have trouble ordering. If you ever encounter a problem placing your order, you can always call the Palladium Order Line (734-721-2903) to place the order over the telephone during business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM till 7:00 PM, sometimes later. Weekends are hit and miss for getting a real person as it is depends on who’s in and answering the phone that weekend. You can call anytime and leave a message on the answering system, just be clear and make sure you leave your name, a telephone number and the best time to call you in your message. If you ever have a problem, call, email, or create a ticket in our new HelpDesk so we can try to find a solution.

So the “Hardcover” Robotech® Shadow Chronicles RPG ($30.95 retail) is only $15.95 again this weekend.
palladium-store.com/1001/category/Sale-Items.html or
palladium-store.com/1001/product/MEM2-Me...rdcover-Special.html

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 10 months ago #16598

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds