8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Both series are good in there own ways. Robotech has an interesting story that would have been better served had it had an original animation to go along with it. By that I mean to differentiate it and to also flow with the story better. To me RT was always about the story and the characters.

Macross was about being a good Sci-Fi epic. It also had a continuation in Macross II and PLus etc etc etc. The more Isolated series such as Plus gave me that more down to Earth ordinarry soldier feel akin to Gundam 08th MS team and Stardust memory that I like.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
14 years 4 months ago #8496

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

YEAH. ACTUALLY BOTH HAVE THEIR GREATS AND BOTH HAVE THEIR FAULTS.

ROBOTECH I LIKE

SERIES/SHOWS
85 EPISODES.....AWESOME (DONT LIKE MASTERS)
UNTOLD STORY...(LIKE WHEN I AM DRUNK)
SENTINELS.......DON'T LIKE
ROBOTECH 3000.. HATE
ROBOTECH U.N....AWESOME
RTSC............LIKE

BOOKS
LIKE ALL EXCEPT END OF CIRCLE.

COMICS
LIKE SOME BUT NOT ALL

MACROSS
SDF MACROSS.....DON'T LIKE
DYRL............AWESOME
MACROSS PLUS....AWESOME
2012............AWESOME
M7..............HATE
MZERO...........OK (HATE ENDING)
MFRONTIER.......AWESOME (BATTLE AT END SUCKS)(ZENTRADI IN ARGUMENT SUCKS)
FRONTIER MOVIE..HATE

B)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 4 months ago #8498

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

SIGHUP wrote:

Robotech was frustrating to me as well due to the fact that in the beginning. I never understood what the hell was going on. This is when I was a wee lad. Because it went from Macross-to-Masters-to-New Gen.

I actually forgot all about Robotech until I literally typed www.robotech.com in a browser back in 2007. Then I understood everything. That it was three separate series blah blah.

For me, it is the nostalgic factor. I don't think Robotech is necessarily superior. Its just different. The story anyway.

Think of it as an open-source program. A linux operating system if you will. Sure you have your purists that say BSD! dammit! Then comes along Red Hat or Suse, etc. Sometimes the variants are better accommodated for a certain purpose. Even if they stem from the same.

Hmmm...I've been trying to think of a way to respond to this that DOESN'T open up the "Legal Debate" can of worms (i don't want that, you don't want that, let's just leave it there).

So, generally speaking, I guess I'm too much of a Lying Macross Purist to agree with your view. Which is fine by me.

More detailed: When I first read your response, I thought, "Uh-uh, no way, it's story, not an open source program!" But then I thought about BSG. I liked the old series when I was five, but I find it to be embarrassingly mediocre now. But then you've got the new BSG: same basic premise, but it plays out completely differently, and I really enjoy it (haven't finished watching it yet...I'll probably be getting the Season 4 DVDs for Christmas). So I can see the merit in your analogy...I guess it just depends on whether you like the original or remake/modified version better.
14 years 4 months ago #8541

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Well that article was a troll wasn't it? I mean I didn't take it seriously. DYRL above all! God I love that movie.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 4 months ago #8544

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

WELL, I THINK HE DID IT IN RETALIATION FROM ALL THE FEEDBACK HE GOT FROM MACROSS FANS :P
14 years 4 months ago #8550

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Well that never helps any. It just feeds the cycle of sides vs sides.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 4 months ago #8554

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

SIGHUP wrote:

Well that never helps any. It just feeds the cycle of sides vs sides.

Bah, it was harmless. Only the people who like being outraged would get upset over it.

Plus, there are a lot of indications that it's a joke...if people can't detect obvious sarcasm when they see it, they deserve to get trolled.
14 years 4 months ago #8557

HEHEHE

THATS BEYOND SARCASM. BUT HE SURE ASKED FOR IT.
14 years 4 months ago #8559

• Nikolay116
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Nikolay116 on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

I think the underlying reason is that Big West it better than Harmony Gold. The rest is just a consequence. I do not know the story in details, who is and was running HG for 20 years. I heard some names here liek Tommy something'um and Carl Masek. Does not mamter. What matters is that these guys just suck at business. They do not know how to use the franchise in a proper way without ruining it. RT:SC is the worst piece of crap macross/robotech related I saw after...macross 7. MF (fanservice bullshit with small naked girls) is just chef'deovre in comarison with RT:SC. Same holds for games: RT:BC, RT:I and toys they try to produce in coop with somebody. Unbelievable, these guys brains got soft, the only good explanation I have.
13 years 4 months ago #13919

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

I did read that article, and it's obvious he was being sarcastic. The reasons are just, well, let's face it, too stupid to be valid. If it was a serious article, then the writer is where the problem lies. I wouldn't be surprised if he was either a Macross or Robotech fan, and just wrote it to see those that can't see past what's written to realize it's a joke.

I wouldn't rule anything out though, and if it is a legit article, he could be a disgruntled RT fan due to the fact that Macross has so much good going on, or maybe he did read a couple posts somewhere that irked him a bit. Either way, the article would have only reflected on the pettiness of him, and fails to prove any point. From research, it did look like a few rt'ers made a big deal about this as "proof", but all it proved was how stupid some people can be. I guess that's proof in and of itself of that.
13 years 4 months ago #13920

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds