8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Gubaba wrote:

Does anyone else find it hysterical that Mav starts off with this high-minded approach:

AND HERE I FIGURED YOU WOULD CATCH ON THAT HE JUST PULLING YOU IN WITH JUST ABOUT EVERY POST HE MAKES.

COME ON GUBABA.. DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR HIM.

:(
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 months ago #13951

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

Does anyone else find it hysterical that Mav starts off with this high-minded approach:

AND HERE I FIGURED YOU WOULD CATCH ON THAT HE JUST PULLING YOU IN WITH JUST ABOUT EVERY POST HE MAKES.

So...wait a sec...

You mean Mav says dumb things just so that I'll point out that he's saying dumb things...?

That's dumb... :huh:
13 years 4 months ago #13952

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

MaverickLSC wrote:

Better as nightclub dancers than say a naked green haired underage eye candy for pedophiles screaming Nyan-Nyan like a banshee.

Gubaba wrote:

And anyway, the only naked underage eye candy for pedophiles that I ever remember seeing was Annie in Robotech Remastered. But her hair wasn't green, so I'm not sure who you're talking about.

Sorry, I'm calling bullshit on both of these posts. Pedophilia is attraction to PRE-PUBESCENT 'minors'. Neither Ranka Lee nor Annie LaBelle was pre-pubescent. That makes them physiologically indistinguishable from adults. Small adults, to be sure, but adults nonetheless. Age of Consent being 18 has not one goddamn thing to do with Pedophilia. What both of you are referring to, erroneously as Pedophilia, is in fact Ephebephilia (Ranka) and Hebephilia (Annie).

If I had my way, ass-jackals like Chris Hansen would be buried up to their necks in an Amazonian ant pile, covered in honey, and left out for the mutherluving insects. Stop spreading bullsh!t!
13 years 4 months ago #13953

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

(Ranka)

Mav was talking about Ranka!?! Can't be...when was she naked?
13 years 4 months ago #13954

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Gubaba wrote:

Mav was talking about Ranka!?! Can't be...when was she naked?

Gah, I don't know. Macross Frontier kind of all ran together in my head....Sheryl then. All I know is this 'pedophile' bullshit needs to stop. FFS.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg.
13 years 4 months ago #13955

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

I kinda have to question that too. So, all of us should be adult about our differences, but we should still make stupid, mindless, and childish statements? Then to do it all just to real someone into pointing out how stupid that was? Really,,,wait REALLY? Are mods and admins really that petty and cheap here? I thought this was turning into a decent discussion? Leave it to RT mods to muck it up.
13 years 4 months ago #13956

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Wow, tough crowd :(

As the Joker would say 'Why so serious?'

When did people all of a sudden lack a sense of humor? Lighten up everyone it's obvious to some it was intended as a light hearted jab.

I guess to some it would be okay if I made a similar poke involving Robotech characters.

But hey, there's a particular forum that's doing just that and we Robotech fans are usually at the receiving end, we end up just shrugging it off. We let it slide and mostly laugh at ourselves for the wise cracks made by those from the Macross fandom.

Having a funny bone is one reason why fans come over message boards such as these and enjoy the entertainment value that such comedic interlude can contribute to ones well being.

P.S. Chalk up another reason why Robotech is better than Macross, Robotech fans are more easy going ;)

Nah, just kidding...

Now that's what you wanna hear :lol:

Now tell me some jokes that poke about Robotech. I need a good laugh. :)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
13 years 4 months ago #13957

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

MaverickLSC wrote:

Wow, tough crowd :(

As the Joker would say 'Why so serious?'

When did people all of a sudden lack a sense of humor? Lighten up everyone it's obvious to some it was intended as a light hearted jab.

I guess to some it would be okay if I made a similar poke involving Robotech characters.

But hey, there's a particular forum that's doing just that and we Robotech fans are usually at the receiving end, we end up just shrugging it off. We let it slide and mostly laugh at ourselves for the wise cracks made by those from the Macross fandom.

Having a funny bone is one reason why fans come over message boards such as these and enjoy the entertainment value that such comedic interlude can contribute to ones well being.

P.S. Chalk up another reason why Robotech is better than Macross, Robotech fans are more easy going ;)

Nah, just kidding...

Now that's what you wanna hear :lol:

Now tell me some jokes that poke about Robotech. I need a good laugh. :)

Mav...

So, either now you're backtracking, or you really have no clue as the difference between flame baiting and a simple light hearted comment, which goes back to my post just previous. And for the record, I've known and love Robotech just about as much as anyone here, so I could careless what side of the light humor you decide to take, Macross or Robotech. But it's kinda throws red flags when everyone here is having a decent conversation, and it's left up to a mod or admin to start throwing in the trouble. So serious? Nah, it's not, but just pointing out the fact that there's always one person who takes it beyond what it is. We should be asking you that question, "why so serious", since it's you that probably took the conversation way too serious, and tried starting the under the belt flame comments.

Heck, if there is anything funny to say, I'm in for a good laugh, but use a little tactfulness, for those that know what that is.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Towgrin.
13 years 4 months ago #13958

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

But Mav...why laugh with you when it's infinitely more fun to laugh at you? :P

(Still waiting for an explanation about naked Ranka (???), and why naked Robotech Remastered Annie is so much more acceptable...)
13 years 4 months ago #13959

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

Who gives a rat's ass what someone likes or doesn't like? Christ, its like fandom hasn't grown up past the school ground recess days. I think transforming ships are retarded, no matter if they're in Macross or this monstrosity that died stillborn in Shadow Chronicles preproduction:

Other people don't. I try my best not to rag on people for liking Macross since I find the whole franchise, with few exceptions, to be pedantic and repetitive.

I find it hilarious for Macross fans to talk about the suckass nature of the races from The Sentinels that with the next breath gush over Macross 7 that produced this Cthulhu-like alien:

Acting like either Robotech or Macross is some form of high art or literature is a laugh. Its friggin SPACE OPERA. Excessive realism need not apply.

Its all Red Team/Blue Team BS, just like the 'mainstream' political process in the US. Big West and Harmony Gold have both screwed the pooch in regards to their franchises. Like the fans, its all become personal when it should be about one thing and one thing alone: making money.

The people at Harmony Gold have their heads up their ass because they refuse to fully utilize their franchise, instead focusing on the 'quick buck' model of reissuing Macross toys over and over and over again. Harmony Gold under Tommy Yune's leadership has produced nothing of any real substance. I had no problem with The Shadow Chronicles in theory, but the execution was awful.

Big West is acting stupid by not coming to terms with the fact they lost control of the international market for Macross back when they had to go to Tatsunoko with hat in hand and ask for money to make SDF Macross.

HEY,A TRANSFORMABLE "LOOK ALIKE" SDF-1!... NICE.

I DISAGREE WITH NOT NEEDING A TRANSFORMABLE SHIP. YOU CAN HAVE MANY USES WITH SUCH A THING. IT IS SPACE AND IS NOT BOUND BY EARTHLY PHYSICS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 months ago #13960

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds