8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Who gives a rat's ass what someone likes or doesn't like? Christ, its like fandom hasn't grown up past the school ground recess days. I think transforming ships are retarded, no matter if they're in Macross or this monstrosity that died stillborn in Shadow Chronicles preproduction:

Other people don't. I try my best not to rag on people for liking Macross since I find the whole franchise, with few exceptions, to be pedantic and repetitive.

I find it hilarious for Macross fans to talk about the suckass nature of the races from The Sentinels that with the next breath gush over Macross 7 that produced this Cthulhu-like alien:

Acting like either Robotech or Macross is some form of high art or literature is a laugh. Its friggin SPACE OPERA. Excessive realism need not apply.

Its all Red Team/Blue Team BS, just like the 'mainstream' political process in the US. Big West and Harmony Gold have both screwed the pooch in regards to their franchises. Like the fans, its all become personal when it should be about one thing and one thing alone: making money.

The people at Harmony Gold have their heads up their ass because they refuse to fully utilize their franchise, instead focusing on the 'quick buck' model of reissuing Macross toys over and over and over again. Harmony Gold under Tommy Yune's leadership has produced nothing of any real substance. I had no problem with The Shadow Chronicles in theory, but the execution was awful.

Big West is acting stupid by not coming to terms with the fact they lost control of the international market for Macross back when they had to go to Tatsunoko with hat in hand and ask for money to make SDF Macross.
13 years 4 months ago #13931

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

I think you make some valid points there. However, most of those said Macross fans that criticize art such as that Tommy Yune monstrosity also dislike Macross 7's over the top characters and enemy. The truth is, most people are gonna take a side on most things. Even within Robotech itself, you have the Macross Saga fans, New Gen fans, and then there's the Southern Cross fans. I've seen that debate go on and on for a long time as well, and while in the end, it's fruitless debate, people still engage in it. Some people love the idea of conflicting with others, wether for justified reasons or none at all. It's almost human nature, as unfortunate as that can be.
13 years 4 months ago #13933

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Towgrin wrote:

I think you make some valid points there. However, most of those said Macross fans that criticize art such as that Tommy Yune monstrosity also dislike Macross 7's over the top characters and enemy. The truth is, most people are gonna take a side on most things. Even within Robotech itself, you have the Macross Saga fans, New Gen fans, and then there's the Southern Cross fans. I've seen that debate go on and on for a long time as well, and while in the end, it's fruitless debate, people still engage in it. Some people love the idea of conflicting with others, wether for justified reasons or none at all. It's almost human nature, as unfortunate as that can be.

YEAH.. AGREE WITH AS WELL ON WHAT BROOK SAID.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 months ago #13936

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

I completely disagree.....

1 reason why Macross is better then Robotech: In M7 they have a juice bot, that wags its antenna like a freaking excited puppy, stalking people screaming 'JUICE! JUICE!' If Robotech had a Petite or Proto cola bot that was similar, then I'd be happy to watch RT 24/7.

:silly:
13 years 4 months ago #13941

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

"Juusu! Juusu!" Yeah, I remember the bot. I happened to like M7 for its "campiness". I think it was meant to be like that, and it fit the context it was portraying.

Can't say the same for Shadow Chronicles though. How am I supposed to take the show seriously when there's two women dressed as nightclub dancers on a bridge, and alien ships that turn into something almost fallic? I even hear laughs (not good ones) from some of the hardest of RT fans I know. I could go on and on about that, but as that article was probably meant for original RT vs. (don't know if all of Macross or just the original SDF Macross), the article was a good way to only show how stupid some people who write articles can be. Then again, my opinion is still, that it was written as fluff, and a joke, and we should respond accordingly, like Khoroshen's comment...totally funny, and totally in fun.
13 years 4 months ago #13942

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

its one of those things. People often forget that its just a cartoon. Whether you like/dislike Robotech or Macross will not affect the world.

People who actively idolise a cartoon to the extent that they feel the need to argue excessively over these issues are nothing more then poster boys for childism.

If you think Macross is better then Robotech, Robotech is better then Macross, then thats ok, its opinion. There is no need to be dictoral to the point of being anal. If you think companies are flouncing on the franchise. If you think Yune or Kawamori has been smoking too much crack or inept its the same thing. No amount of bitching will change peoples opinions.

Alternatively you could keep quiet and make your own cartoon, however in some circles that can be noted as a continuence of childism.

I hate RT:New Genration and Shadow chronicles with a passion, but you don't see me acting like a spoilt brat in a worlds best dictator competition over it.

Then again, I'm a Macross7 fan so what would I know, eh? :lol:
13 years 4 months ago #13943

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

khoroshen wrote:

Alternatively you could keep quiet and make your own cartoon

That's the beauty of fan-fiction and role-playing games in my opinion. I can jettison what I want from Robotech (which is in my conception all direct SDF Macross elements), fill in the gap with pre-existing stuff and/or 'new' items and voila, my own version of Robotech.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg.
13 years 4 months ago #13944

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

My perspective in all this is that whatever show you enjoy, is what you enjoy, from the heart. And no one person can't take that position and preference for a show away from you.

Fans need to learn to just relax. It's just a cartoon, and as adults we shouldn't' bicker with childish tendencies on such meaningless details, for a cartoon that was meant to entertain and not to cause rifts between audiences.

khoroshen wrote;

Then again, I'm a Macross7 fan so what would I know, eh?

That's one series so hard to digest unless I'm drinking hard on the bottle. ;)

Towgrin wrote;

Can't say the same for Shadow Chronicles though. How am I supposed to take the show seriously when there's two women dressed as nightclub dancers on a bridge, and alien ships that turn into something almost fallic?

Better as nightclub dancers than say a naked green haired underage eye candy for pedophiles screaming Nyan-Nyan like a banshee.

And I thought space whales was bad enough. :laugh:

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by MaverickLSC.
13 years 4 months ago #13948

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

That's the beauty of fan-fiction and role-playing games in my opinion. I can jettison what I want from Robotech (which is in my conception all direct SDF Macross elements), fill in the gap with pre-existing stuff and/or 'new' items and voila, my own version of Robotech.

A great point. I do that with my fanfictions. Get rid of a large portion of the Sentinels, Shadow Chronicles, and laugh when someone emails me a 10,000 word essay on why you can't have active duty Logan's and Ajax's post-ep85. :D

Mav, as I've sometimes said, Macross7 is the ultimate space vampire operatic show for the late 80's college experimentation generation. You need to at least smoked some kind of ilegal drug to understand M7 the first time. :D
13 years 4 months ago #13949

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Does anyone else find it hysterical that Mav starts off with this high-minded approach:

MaverickLSC wrote:

My perspective in all this is that whatever show you enjoy, is what you enjoy, from the heart. And no one person can't take that position and preference for a show away from you.

Fans need to learn to just relax. It's just a cartoon, and as adults we shouldn't' bicker with childish tendencies on such meaningless details, for a cartoon that was meant to entertain and not to cause rifts between audiences.

Only to follow it up with this:

MaverickLSC wrote:

Better as nightclub dancers than say a naked green haired underage eye candy for pedophiles screaming Nyan-Nyan like a banshee.

And I thought space whales was bad enough. :laugh:

Mav...

?

Mav, you need to learn to just relax. It's just a cartoon, and as an adult, you shouldn't bicker with childish tendencies on such meaningless details.

And anyway, the only naked underage eye candy for pedophiles that I ever remember seeing was Annie in Robotech Remastered. But her hair wasn't green, so I'm not sure who you're talking about.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Gubaba.
13 years 4 months ago #13950

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds