8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

So, because Robotech has an official facebook page, they're active? That's simply an extension of the website. Is it making them money, expanding the range of it's products, or helping them sell more? I didn't mention a facebook page for Robotech, because I never knew they set one up. So, maybe that should give you a hint about what that has to do with HG being "active".

And I know HG follows some standard business models in their other business ventures and in their subsidiary companies, and they are quite successful in those. I'm sure they'd follow those with Robotech if they could. The excuse that they're active, when there's no news is an old tired excuse people use to pretend that Robotech still has the momentum it had in 85.
13 years 3 months ago #14049

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

^There are unofficial Robotech facebook pages who have A LOT more "likes" (members) than the official one, although you can like an app and never use/pay attention to it again. I found their facebook page by accident like a week or two after it launched, they mainly use it to promote cons and products sold through rt.com so yeah its pretty much an extension of the official site. Scan down their facebook wall and anyone will quickly see each post gets about 100 likes and comments. For twitter, HG was recently bragging about having 1000 followers. When compared to the overall numbers for these sites and to the popular games, apps, and pages their numbers are literally a drop in the bucket.

They need to hire a gaming company to make them a facebook game like say Mafia Wars or Farmville. They could call it Robotech Wars or Robotechville (just kidding, maybe, hum Robotech Colonies)? :)
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 3 months ago #14052

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

rtsurfer wrote:

^There are unofficial Robotech facebook pages who have A LOT more "likes" (members) than the official one, although you can like an app and never use/pay attention to it again. I found their facebook page by accident like a week or two after it launched, they mainly use it to promote cons and products sold through rt.com so yeah its pretty much an extension of the official site. Scan down their facebook wall and anyone will quickly see each post gets about 100 likes and comments. For twitter, HG was recently bragging about having 1000 followers. When compared to the overall numbers for these sites and to the popular games, apps, and pages their numbers are literally a drop in the bucket.

They need to hire a gaming company to make them a facebook game like say Mafia Wars or Farmville. They could call it Robotech Wars or Robotechville (just kidding, maybe, hum Robotech Colonies)? :)

I like the way you think, and a Robotech FB game would actually be a good idea. The title Robotech Wars would work. It would definitely help RT gain a little more popularity.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 3 months ago #14053

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

rtsurfer wrote:

ACTUALLY. THAT WAS BROUGHT UP TO THEM AS WELL AS SOME OF THE GUYS WILLING TO HELP OUT WITH THE MECHA AND SUCH.

TO BAD HG NOT LOOKING INTO A MECHA FARMVILLE... I DON'T JOINT THE GAMES BUT THAT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A RT BASED FB GAME.

;)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 3 months ago #14059

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

ACTUALLY. THAT WAS BROUGHT UP TO THEM AS WELL AS SOME OF THE GUYS WILLING TO HELP OUT WITH THE MECHA AND SUCH.

TO BAD HG NOT LOOKING INTO A MECHA FARMVILLE... I DON\'T JOINT THE GAMES BUT THAT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A RT BASED FB GAME.

;)

Yesss, that would be considered active. If you use the model of Castle Age, or Mafia Wars, you have ways people can pay for certain points to use to purchase items, characters, or add energy or attack points. Not only that, but getting people to play gets people actively involved, and with the possibility to generate some money from people who want to get more points without earning them through gameplay and achievements, it should be a no brainer. HG has taken a very passive approach to their Robotech franchise, and things like that are a way for people to jump into the world of Robotech. Memo, I like your way of thinking there, but Farmville? Nah, you gotta look at Castle Age and Mafia Wars. That\'s where to go. Castle Age is more RPG like and geared more towards the world of Robotech, IMO.
13 years 3 months ago #14072

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Towgrin wrote:

Yesss, that would be considered active. If you use the model of Castle Age, or Mafia Wars, you have ways people can pay for certain points to use to purchase items, characters, or add energy or attack points. Not only that, but getting people to play gets people actively involved, and with the possibility to generate some money from people who want to get more points without earning them through gameplay and achievements, it should be a no brainer. HG has taken a very passive approach to their Robotech franchise, and things like that are a way for people to jump into the world of Robotech.

YEAH, THE GUYS DESIGNING SUCH A GAME PLAY CASTLE AGE. BUILDING THEIR ARMY'S AND SUCH. I SAW WHAT THEY DID AND HOW IT COULD WORK.

WILL TALK MORE TO TOMMY ABOUT IT. HOPE THEY NOT TO TIGHT ON THEIR LICENSE FOR SUCH A FB APP. IF TOMMY GOES ALONG THEN WILL COME BACK HERE AND LET YOU GUYS KNOW.

WHEN I TOLD HIM ABOUT THE GAME IT WAS WAY BEFORE THEY OPENED UP AN OFFICIAL ROBOTECH FB PAGE. NOW THAT THEY HAVE BEEN ACTIVE THERE FOR A WHILE WILL SEE IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO SUPPORT SUCH A THING. EVEN IF IT'S A FANDOM CREATION.

QUESTION... YOU GUYS KNOW IF YOU CAN PLAY ANY OF THE GAMES FROM FB ON YOUR CELL PHONE AS WELL?

Memo, I like your way of thinking there, but Farmville? Nah, you gotta look at Castle Age and Mafia Wars. That\'s where to go. Castle Age is more RPG like and geared more towards the world of Robotech, IMO.

I JUT SAID FARMVILLE AS AN EXAMPLE SINCE EVERYONE THAT I KNOW PLAYS THAT. VERY POPULAR AS WELL IS MAFIA WARS TOO LIKE YOU SAY.

BUT A WORLD SURROUNDING ROBOTECH WOULD BE NICE.
13 years 3 months ago #14077

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I know Castle Age can be played from the Iphone. Don\'t know about Mafia Wars. With smart phones, the tech is there to do that. They should probably leave that to a company like Zynga to do though, as they have the game model to use, and a very good reputation for putting out the good games. I\'ve seen some great fan stuff, but if I was to make an app for HG for facebook, if they\'re gonna generate a good amount of buzz and money from it, I\'d want a decent paycheck as well.
13 years 3 months ago #14083

Towgrin wrote:

I know Castle Age can be played from the Iphone. Don\'t know about Mafia Wars. With smart phones, the tech is there to do that. They should probably leave that to a company like Zynga to do though, as they have the game model to use, and a very good reputation for putting out the good games. I\'ve seen some great fan stuff, but if I was to make an app for HG for facebook, if they\'re gonna generate a good amount of buzz and money from it, I\'d want a decent paycheck as well.

COOL. THAT SHOULD BE A VERY INTERESTING APP THEN. I DON'T HAVE AN IPHONE SO WONDER IF THERE ARE OTHER PHONES IT WORKS WITH.
13 years 3 months ago #14087

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

I myself is a dedicated RT fan. That & I actually also ardent Macross fan.

In RT, I considered myself a hardcore RT purist, but yet at the same time, I do have my McKinniyist robe somewhere in the closet. Now, I consider myself a Universalist, able to enjoy both canon & secondary continuities without associated hang-ups.

In Macross, I enjoyed the fanchise to the fullest. At first, I'm more into SDFM / 2012 / Plus & II, & detested 7 ... but after some time of countless viewings, I am a fanatical 7 follower. With Frontier, it only confirmed me as a Macross fan.

Which fanchise is better? In my case, both. RT in a way, despite 'creative editing / retcon' (or 'hacked / butchered' in Macrossie dictionary) it served a purpose as a more adult-themed (subjective, of course) sci-fi animation.

As for Macross, seriously, music + transforming mecha & ships vs aliens = COOL!!!!!! And it works!
13 years 3 months ago #14092

Protoculture wrote:

I myself is a dedicated RT fan. That & I actually also ardent Macross fan.

In RT, I considered myself a hardcore RT purist, but yet at the same time, I do have my McKinniyist robe somewhere in the closet. Now, I consider myself a Universalist, able to enjoy both canon & secondary continuities without associated hang-ups.

In Macross, I enjoyed the fanchise to the fullest. At first, I'm more into SDFM / 2012 / Plus & II, & detested 7 ... but after some time of countless viewings, I am a fanatical 7 follower. With Frontier, it only confirmed me as a Macross fan.

Which fanchise is better? In my case, both. RT in a way, despite 'creative editing / retcon' (or 'hacked / butchered' in Macrossie dictionary) it served a purpose as a more adult-themed (subjective, of course) sci-fi animation.

As for Macross, seriously, music + transforming mecha & ships vs aliens = COOL!!!!!! And it works!

WELL SAID.

I MYSELF OF EVERYTHING MACROSS DON'T LIKE THE JAPANESE VERSION OF M7.

I AM A PURIST TO THE ROBOTECH MACROSS THOUGHT.

WITH MACROSS FRONTIER I LIKE THE FRESHNESS TO THE ORIGINAL STORY BUT SET IN A NEW ERA. VERY WELL DONE. SEEN IT A FEW TIMES OVER BUT NOT AS REGULAR WITH ROBOTECH.

I CAN HANDLE BOTH SIDES. IT'S COOL. I ALSO PREFER THE LITERAL MATERIAL THAN BUYING TOYS THOUGHT. THAT'S ONE OF MY PASSIONS TO COLLECT AND SHOW AT THE CONS.

TO BAD THERE IS NO MATERIAL FOR ROBOTECH LIKE THE OSM OF MECHA AND SHIP. OTHER THAN THE RPG BUT THAT'S JUST FOR GAMING.
13 years 3 months ago #14095

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds