8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

Also, although I think it's pretty sad when an admin feels the need to troll his own board just to generate some activity, that doesn't change the fact that, hey...it's his board, and he can do what he wants. If he wants to make childish and pathetic posts, that's his right. I have no cause to complain. :)

NAH, JUST THAT YOU LIKE TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. AS YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF TROLLING RIGHT BEHIND. THAT'S EVEN FUNNIER. BUT THAT'S OK. YOU STILL NOT A MACROSS PURIST.

;)

I prefer to think of it as counter-trolling...trolling the troll to keep the troll from trolling.

Since the more hard questions you throw at Mav, the more he stays away.

But really, I don't see the similarity. As just a normal member, I don't have a vested interest in keeping things peaceful and civil on this forum. Mav, as an admin, theoretically does (and if he doesn't, he should). So why is he the one trying to start a flame war? Is it possible that he's actually a Macross Purist saboteur in disguise...?
13 years 3 months ago #13978

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

If that is "Mav" just posting his thoughts on this subject, then it is very two-sided, but maybe that's what he's been trying to say.

Back to the subject though, I don't have a preference between the two. I like both equally, and have a much more involved life, than spending hours and days, and useless podcasts to prove my position about something most people don't care about, or even want to waste their time on.

I have been watching Robotech over again, but I've probably been watching Macross series more. Simple reason, there's just new stuff that's out, and still coming, and Robotech just hasn't had much of anything worthwhile in many, many years. (That's my opinion, so I don't need someone to try to preach about their interpretation of facts and whatnot).
13 years 3 months ago #13979

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Gubaba wrote;

So...wait a sec...

You mean Mav says dumb things just so that I'll point out that he's saying dumb things...?

That's dumb...

It's so dumb, that it's brilliant!!! :laugh:

Gubaba wrote;

Mav's not going to answer my question, is he?

Well you asked for it!

The naked Annie is from the REMASTERED Robotech extended edition which follows closely to the Original Source Material(OSM) in its unedited form. However considering that both the novels and comics rarely mentioned these cut scenes, I and others as a matter of fact tend to leave it out from the Robotech canon altogether. And most of us actually prefer Carl Maceks original broadcast version he envisioned which we know them as the Robotech Legacy DVD's.

I personally feel that the REMASTERED version of Robotech was meant as a compromise between the Robotech fans and anime purists. I can understand that, however i'm forever an 85'er! And Carls vision to me was Robotech in its original form as he intended it with the broadcast version.

Now that's settled, back to the topic at hand.

Now which is better, Robotech or SDF Macross?

I prefer Robotech, but I do like Macross Plus and Macross Frontier...

I like Robotech because I'm use to its universe, the shows, movies, RPGs comics and novels. I grew up with it, not necessarily nostalgia. Just I'm so use to it that I accept it for what it is.

Like a loving wife, I accept her even with some flaws she may have.

I treat Macross Plus and Macross Frontier as separate and distinct universe from that of Robotech. Think Robotech as if it were Macross in an alternative timeline, like Shoji Kawamori's insistance of Macross II canon being separate from the established Macross DYRL timeline.

I also like Macross Frontier for the eye candy, afterall...

The micronization chamber operator seems to always put in a little extra silicone whenever Clan Clang wants to be macronized in her full size Zentraedi form.

Now only if we could wish Shoji Kawamori had applied the 3D process to Macross Frontier, those things would be popping!!! :laugh:

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
13 years 3 months ago #13982

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Gubaba wrote:

But really, I don't see the similarity. As just a normal member, I don't have a vested interest in keeping things peaceful and civil on this forum. Mav, as an admin, theoretically does (and if he doesn't, he should). So why is he the one trying to start a flame war? Is it possible that he's actually a Macross Purist saboteur in disguise...?

WILL STILL NOT MAKE YOU A PURIST. :)

EVEN AS AN ADMIN HE HAS A RIGHT TO SPEAK HIS MIND ON ISSUES LIKE HE JUST POSTED. WHICH I AGREE WITH THE CARL MACEK VERSION OF ROBOTECH. AS YOU CAN SEE... EVEN IN WOKS AFTER THE SERIES ARE KEPT THE SAME. FOR ME, THAT'S WHERE I THINK ROBOTECH IS BETTER WITH THE JAPAN MACROSS LOVING TO SHOW A LITTLE BIT EXTRA.

NOT SO BAD ON ADULT CHARACTERS.. BUT THE LOLI IS JUST PUSHING IT FOR ME.

YOUR CUP OF TEA MIGHT NOT BE TO MY LIKING... OR VICE VERSA.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 3 months ago #13984

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gubaba wrote;

So...wait a sec...

You mean Mav says dumb things just so that I'll point out that he's saying dumb things...?

That's dumb...

It's so dumb, that it's brilliant!!! :laugh:

Okay...so you are just saying deliberately stupid things in order to make me think you're stupid. I still don't get what the point is.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gubaba wrote;

Mav's not going to answer my question, is he?

Well you asked for it!

The naked Annie is from the REMASTERED Robotech extended edition which follows closely to the Original Source Material(OSM) in its unedited form. However considering that both the novels and comics rarely mentioned these cut scenes, I and others as a matter of fact tend to leave it out from the Robotech canon altogether. And most of us actually prefer Carl Maceks original broadcast version he envisioned which we know them as the Robotech Legacy DVD's.

I personally feel that the REMASTERED version of Robotech was meant as a compromise between the Robotech fans and anime purists. I can understand that, however i'm forever an 85'er! And Carls vision to me was Robotech in its original form as he intended it with the broadcast version.

Hmmm...that still doesn't answer my question...which was "Why is Ranka offensive to you, but naked Annie isn't?"
13 years 3 months ago #13990

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

EVEN AS AN ADMIN HE HAS A RIGHT TO SPEAK HIS MIND ON ISSUES LIKE HE JUST POSTED.

Well, yeah...but you said he was just trying to a rise out me (and that I shouldn't make it so easy for him to do so). Mav himself suggested that he was just trying to create flamebait. That's different than merely speaking your mind.

Of course an admin can say what he likes, but I believe internet etiquette frowns upon admins baiting people...it's usually the mark of a badly run site.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BUT THE LOLI IS JUST PUSHING IT FOR ME.

I agree...Annie bugs the shit out of me, too. And having her show up naked is simply too much.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Gubaba.
13 years 3 months ago #13991

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Gubaba wrote:

Of course an admin can say what he likes, but I believe internet etiquette frowns upon admins baiting people...it's usually the mark of a badly run site.

NAH. YOU JUST WANT TO USE THE EXCUSE OF AN ADMIN SHOULD STAY QUIET AND NOT SPEAK HIS MIND LIKE ANY OTHER REGULAR POSTER HERE.

B)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 3 months ago #13995

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

NAH. YOU JUST WANT TO USE THE EXCUSE OF AN ADMIN SHOULD STAY QUIET AND NOT SPEAK HIS MIND LIKE ANY OTHER REGULAR POSTER HERE.

B)

Pfft. You wish. :laugh:

As you said before:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

AND HERE I FIGURED YOU WOULD CATCH ON THAT HE JUST PULLING YOU IN WITH JUST ABOUT EVERY POST HE MAKES.

COME ON GUBABA.. DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR HIM.

If that doesn't mean that he's baiting me, then what does it mean?
13 years 3 months ago #13997

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

Gubaba wrote:

If that doesn't mean that he's baiting me, then what does it mean?

It means we have the birth of the very unique Gubaba Puriest! Bask in the warmth of having a unique fan, and all the pomp and fanfare it brings to the table. :laugh:
13 years 3 months ago #13999

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:8 Reasons why Robotech is better than Macross

I'm not into the Macross purist/Robotech Purist thing at all, but I do have to call Mav's earlier post flame baiting. I don't care that anythings done about it, nor do I care if anything is, but at least I'm calling it for what it is. It seems that Memo, you're taking his first paragraph, and using that to justify the flame attempt of the last. Again, I don't really care what comes of it, as you're gonna defend your friends even when they're wrong, but I'm still calling it out for what it is, and yeah, that was pretty sad, especially from an admin. While you guys may think it's fine and all, other people perceive that as arrogant, and rule bending, and as supposed "spokesmen" for Robotech, I'd be a bit more on the tactful side of things. It's stuff like that, that makes even some of us hardcore Robotech fans back off a bit. And I'm sure, we all want Robotech fans pushing full force with what can be good in the franchise.

That's my opinion, and what I try to practice in everyday life, and it seems to work very well, with people I know, and people I don't. If the comment is questionable (especially if it's gonna negate what you just said previously, as in this case), then you may just want to zip it. It's already known that you guys are looking for trivial, unimportant things in the Macross series to over react to, to boost Robotech. Is that really necessary? Robotech, as a story, can kinda stand on its own, and doesn't need comments or actions like that to try to promote it. All it does is show pettiness in the fanbase, and probably a good reason why robotech.com is so quiet (or at least one of them).
13 years 3 months ago #14000

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds