CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

khoroshen wrote:

[Translation] WTF, in English please?

NOT FLUENT IN BRITISH :P
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 weeks ago #15081

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Te mykkä naida lapsi erotiikka lempiminen kääntää yläspäin naida.

[Translation] *mykkä* Memo, I love you man, but not in a perverted way.
13 years 4 weeks ago #15082

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

HAHAHA.. OK, OK , OK...

WELL, WAS JUST SAYING THAT MR. CARY FUKUNAGA HAS A LOT IF INCONSISTENCIES IN ON HOW HE WANT'S TO APPROACH HIS LIFE IN DIRECTING.

YEAH, THE MAN MIGHT HAVE A REASON AND WHAT NOT AND IT'S A FREE COUNTRY IF HE WANT'S TO GO THE ROUTE HE DOES AND NOT SELL OUT TO THE MAN AND KEEP THE SPIRIT OF FILMAKING PURE TO HIS ARTISTIC EXPRESSION THAT HE ENJOYS. THE THING IS HE KNOWS IT'S HIS BREAD AND BUTTER TO LIVE BY AS WELL. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO DO WORK YOU DON'T LIKE TO FEED YOURSELF, LIVE, AND GET YOU A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD.

EXAMPLE:

I want to be happy while I make movies and not just do things just to work.

AND ALSO SAY

there’s always potential to find length to your career as well. Now I’m so far from any other job skills that if I don’t make movies…

YOU GET THE POINT.

BUT THEN AGAIN, HE ALSO SAID..

I've told my representatives to really filter what gets sent my way. I don't want to waste my time reading things that are A) out of my reach and B ) are just formulaic genre pieces.

IF HE CONSIDERS THE ARTISTIC PERSON HE CLAIMS, HE CAN MAKE ANYTHING WORK LIKE THE CHALLENGE HE SEEKS. FOR THOSE THAT WISH THAT THAT TRANSFORMERS STORY COULD HAVE BEEN MORE BETTER TOLD THAN JUST BOOM BOOM EXPLOSIONS.

ESPECIALLY WHERE ROBOTECH STORY IS CONCERNED.

RIGHT THERE IS A CHALLENGE IN DOING ROBOTECH BUT THEN AGAIN.. IT COULD BE OUT OF HIS REACH OR IN THE COMMON BIG MOVIE GENRE.

A LOT OF THINGS CAN BE NEW TO PEOPLE LIKE WORK OR SWITCHING JOBS AND NEW CAREERS. BUT IT'S HOW YOU CAN OVERCOME IT AND LIVE BY YOUR FAITH THAT WILL KEEP YOU MAKING THAT STEP FORWARD AND SURVIVING.

TO ME EITHER THIS GUY IS TO GREEN OR NOT READY TO JUMP INTO BIG THINGS.
Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 4 weeks ago #15083

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

khoroshen wrote:

[Translation] WTF, in English please?

British isn't a foreign language lol
unless you count the slang

www.effingpot.com/slang.shtml here, educate yourself!

Codswallop you filthy bugger! =D

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 4 weeks ago #15084

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

TO ME EITHER THIS GUY IS TO GREEN OR NOT READY TO JUMP INTO BIG THINGS.

..or perhaps he just thinks that Robotech sucks. Something that he's entitled to think.

But hey, I'm just speculating here..... :side:

Perhaps he'd rather not associate his name to the project because he sees it going no where. Maybe Sylvain White thought the same thing. He WAS pretty quick to say;

"I'm not involved in the project."

Since TWO directors have "allegedly" passed on the project (and in both cases NO ONE has confirmed this) and and no other directors running to claim it either....

But HEY.....I'm just speculating here.... :cheer:

- JT
Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by Zen72.
13 years 4 weeks ago #15085

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Zen72 wrote:

Since TWO directors have "allegedly" passed on the project (and in both cases NO ONE has confirmed this) and and no other directors running to claim it either....

ACTUALLY ONLY ONE PASSED ON IT REALLY. WHICH IS CARY.

DID SYLVAIN PASSED ON IT TOO? DO YOU HAVE A LINK?
LAST THING HE MENTION WAS TO WORK ON ROBOTECH BUT THAT IT IS NOT GREENLIT. SAYING HE IS NOT ON THE PROJECT DOES NOT MEAN HE PASSED IT UP.

;)
13 years 4 weeks ago #15086

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Zen72 wrote:

ACTUALLY ONLY ONE PASSED ON IT REALLY. WHICH IS CARY.

DID SYLVAIN PASSED ON IT TOO? DO YOU HAVE A LINK?
LAST THING HE MENTION WAS TO WORK ON ROBOTECH BUT THAT IT IS NOT GREENLIT. SAYING HE IS NOT ON THE PROJECT DOES NOT MEAN HE PASSED IT UP.

;)

Then WHY ALTER your copy and paste from "robo-tech" to Robotech.

Do YOU have a link that says Warner Brothers approached him or that Cary was given a script DRAFT like Sylvain White?

LAST THING HE MENTION WAS TO WORK ON ROBOTECH

????????? ...I'll pass on trying to understand :blink:

Getting a script draft THEN saying that he's not involved in the project seems like he passed to me.

That someone allegedly passed up on a RLAM. OMG!!!! How could Cary do that???? :dry:

Yet the only thing you present is a sentence which you ALTERED from the original article....

Like I said...DON'T see anyone knocking down the doors to take it on. You don't even hear Tobey talking about it...

But HEY......I'm just speculating... :P

Now...I got a TOURNAMENT to run! B)
Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by Zen72.
13 years 4 weeks ago #15087

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

sharing is caring! :P

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 4 weeks ago #15089

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Zen72 wrote:

Then WHY ALTER your copy and paste from "robo-tech" to Robotech.

SIMPLE. ROBO-TECH IS A WORD POSTED AFTER GOING THROUGH A SPELL CHECK FILTER. COULD BE INTENTIONAL OR AUTOMATIC. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY ARTICLE THAT HAS USED IT IN SUCH A WAY. SOMETIMES THERE ARE SITES WITH THEIR OWN SPELL CHECK OR EVEN CERTAIN BROWSERS DO THAT FOR YOU. ALL DEPENDS.

THOUGHT YOU KNEW BUT I GUESS NOT.

Do YOU have a link that says Warner Brothers approached him or that Cary was given a script DRAFT like Sylvain White?

NOT WARNER BROTHERS. HE DOES MENTION ROBOTECH. SAME THING.

LAST THING HE MENTION WAS TO WORK ON ROBOTECH

????????? ...I'll pass on trying to understand :blink:

Getting a script draft THEN saying that he's not involved in the project seems like he passed to me.

That someone allegedly passed up on a RLAM. OMG!!!! How could Cary do that???? :dry:

THAT'S HOW HOLLYWOOD WORKS TILL YOU ARE TOLD NO OR YOU TURN IT DOWN. IT'S LIKE LOOKING FOR A JOB. YOU DO YOUR INTERVIEW AND LEAVE RESUME' AND MOVE ON... DOES IT MEAN YOU NOT INTRESTED JUST BECAUSE YOU NOT WORKING AT THE JOB YOU APPLIED?

Yet the only thing you present is a sentence which you ALTERED from the original article....

ALREADY RESPONDED YOU ABOVE

Like I said...DON'T see anyone knocking down the doors to take it on.

NOT THAT YOU DON'T SEE. IT'S THAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

You don't even hear Tobey talking about it...

UMM.. YOU DO KNOW HE IS THE THIRD INVESTOR WHO PUT MONEY ON THIS PROJECT? SO TOBEY DON'T NEED TO TALK ABOUT

But HEY......I'm just speculating... :P

BUT YOU CAN SPECULATE ALL YOU WANT.
13 years 4 weeks ago #15090

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

SIMPLE. ROBO-TECH IS A WORD POSTED AFTER GOING THROUGH A SPELL CHECK FILTER. COULD BE INTENTIONAL OR AUTOMATIC. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY ARTICLE THAT HAS USED IT IN SUCH A WAY. SOMETIMES THERE ARE SITES WITH THEIR OWN SPELL CHECK OR EVEN CERTAIN BROWSERS DO THAT FOR YOU. ALL DEPENDS.

THOUGHT YOU KNEW BUT I GUESS NOT.

Ya figure in reporting this HOT piece of "news" you'd want to be accurate about it...

Also there ARE uses for the word Robotech that isn't about the Robotech we are fans of.

Thought you knew.....but I GUESS NOT.

NOT WARNER BROTHERS. HE DOES MENTION ROBOTECH. SAME THING.

You never answered my original question;

"Do YOU have a link that says Warner Brothers approached him or that Cary was given a script DRAFT like Sylvain White?"

But I'll just speculate that you don't....

THAT'S HOW HOLLYWOOD WORKS TILL YOU ARE TOLD NO OR YOU TURN IT DOWN. IT'S LIKE LOOKING FOR A JOB. YOU DO YOUR INTERVIEW AND LEAVE RESUME' AND MOVE ON... DOES IT MEAN YOU NOT INTRESTED JUST BECAUSE YOU NOT WORKING AT THE JOB YOU APPLIED?

"I think they’re surprised I don’t want to do robo-tech..."

Do you know who THEY are? Could be friends that suggested it to him.

NOT THAT YOU DON'T SEE. IT'S THAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

Like you DON"T KNOW who approached Cary...IF someone actually approached him.

UMM.. YOU DO KNOW HE IS THE THIRD INVESTOR WHO PUT MONEY ON THIS PROJECT? SO TOBEY DON'T NEED TO TALK ABOUT

If I put my money to invest....I'd like to see a return on my investment...or perhaps just cut my losses and move on. Maybe that's why he's not talking.

BUT YOU CAN SPECULATE ALL YOU WANT.

Mr Pot....meet Mr. Kettle.

It's been a slice Mems...and if you'd like the last word it's ALL YOURS....(too bad I'm not in Vegas, because I'd be betting on a SURE THING.).....I will leave it up to others to provide you their thoughts on this subject....

But HEY....I'm just speculating here.... :woohoo:

NITE NITE!
13 years 4 weeks ago #15091

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds