CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

I appreciate the kind words guys! It was just something that bugged from the start.

What's awesome it that Cary didn't have to respond...but he did!

Cary is indeed a TRUE PROFESSIONAL to take the time to respond to this fan's inquiry He has my respect and my well wishes on continued success in his career!

And if he WERE ever to be approached for the RLAM in the future....he's got my vote! B)
13 years 3 weeks ago #15420

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

Sorry blackconvoy I must have been too tired from work to spell correctly. "Robo-Tech...to the rescue!"

Despite my recent banning for no reason on rt.com, I also saw the Mav's posts this week. I love how he says China is so full of potential since their population is 1 billion. I think he forgot that China is still considered a country of low consumption overall though things are definitely changing which makes marketing there a good idea. However, this doesn't mean you forget the rest of the world, especially the country in which Robo-Tech originated. Unfortunately, it looks like relak is the only one there to question anything as all the other "negative" fans have been banned or just decided to give up on Robo-Tech altogether.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15421

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

Zen72 wrote:

I appreciate the kind words guys! It was just something that bugged from the start.

Cary is indeed a TRUE PROFESSIONAL to take the time to respond to this fan's inquiry He has my respect and my well wishes on continued success in his career!

And if he WERE ever to be approached for the RLAM in the future....he's got my vote! B)

WELL JOB DONE.

THAT IS 2 VOTES FOR CARY. THOUGHT I ALREADY GAVE HIM ONE IN THE BEGINNING CONSIDERING I DID SEE ONE OF HIS MOVIES.

AT LEAST WE KNOW NOW HE DOES CONSIDER ROBOTECH..WELL A YAY OR NAY CONSIDERING THE SCRIPT.

ps99041 wrote:

Despite my recent banning for no reason on rt.com

REALLY? I THOUGHT YOU WERE STILL GOING AT IT ON HG FACEBOOK?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15428

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Zen72 wrote:

WELL JOB DONE.

THAT IS 2 VOTES FOR CARY. THOUGHT I ALREADY GAVE HIM ONE IN THE BEGINNING CONSIDERING I DID SEE ONE OF HIS MOVIES.

AT LEAST WE KNOW NOW HE DOES CONSIDER ROBOTECH..WELL A YAY OR NAY CONSIDERING THE SCRIPT.

ps99041 wrote:

Despite my recent banning for no reason on rt.com

REALLY? I THOUGHT YOU WERE STILL GOING AT IT ON HG FACEBOOK?

Nope, wasn't "going at it" on Facebook though I did post statements that explained why others on Facebook were complaining about HG's lack of real updates. Some fans even "liked" my statements. Some people on there are way more critical of HG than I ever have been. Also, I if HG is really that scared of "negativity" about their practices, they probably shouldn't have any presence on any public forum. You can't ban everyone that criticizes them and banning doesn't stop the criticism in this modern day.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by ps99041.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15431

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Ehh....I submit the following...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SO, LOOKS LIKE HE DOES NOT WANT A LONG CAREER... OR MAKE BIG MOVIES.

AW COME ON, TAKE THAT BALL AND CHAIN FROM WARNER BROTHERS AND STICK AROUND FOR 2 OR 3 MOVIES, AND THEN GO BACK TO DOING SENTIMENTAL FEELING MOVIES. GET EXPOSURE THAT WAY.

NOT LIKE THEY SIGNED YOU FOR LIFE LIKE HARRY POTTER OR SOMETHING. EVEN HARRY POTTER WAS SPLIT UP IN DIRECTORS.

SHEESH.

Then there's this...

WHY I CALLED HIM A OUT CARY LIKE I DID. THIS GUY SURE ACTS LIKE HE CAN DO THE TALK BUT WHEN HE IS APPROACHED FOR REAL HE SURE CAN'T WALK...

WE CAN GUESS ON WHAT THE STORY IS OR NOT BUT THIS GUY DOES NOT HAVE IT. HE IS TO GREEN AND HE KNOWS IT. WHY I THINK HE TURNED DOWN THE JOB...

AND GLAD HE DID.

And of course this gem....

WHY I AM GLAD THIS GUY DECIDED TO CHICKEN OUT. I REALLY DID NOT CARE FOR THIS GUY. HE CAN GO BACK TO DOING HIS EMO MOVIES.

You're lucky Cary Fukunaga DIDN'T read this thread or he'd probably be telling you what you can do with your "vote."

It would just be easier for you to admit that your statementthat he was approached and passed on the Robotech Live Action Movie was FALSE since you DID start the thread....or you can throw Maverick under the bus and blame him for giving you "the find". Doesn't matter....six of one half a dozen of the other...

(SHAKES HEAD)...TWO votes....
:blink:

Oh and BTW...NOTHING in the email says that he CAN'T talk about it...he was clear, he was neither offered or passed up on it but he does know about a Robotech Live Action Movie...so he can and DID talk about it....

Any twisting of what he said in that regard is just that...TWISTING.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by Zen72.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15435

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

Zen72 wrote:

It would just be easier for you to admit that your statementthat he was approached and passed on the Robotech Live Action Movie was FALSE since you DID start the thread....or you can throw Maverick under the bus and blame him for giving you "the find". Doesn't matter....six of one half a dozen of the other...

(SHAKES HEAD)...TWO votes....[/b] :blink:

WHOA THERE GUY.

I STAND FOR WHAT I SAID. AND WILL REPEATED IN HIS FACE IF POSSIBLE ABOUT IT. AS AN UP AND COMING DIRECTOR TO THROW SOMETHING GOOD OUT LIKE THAT SURE SPARKS AN INTEREST.

IN BOLD

Hi John,

I normally don't answer emails from facebook, I haven't read the link you sent but can imagine what it contains. Given the subject, I can set some of the record straight. You'll forgive me if after I set the record straight, I'm not huge on correspondences via facebook, but definitely thank you for at least asking me what was the what!

One, Warner does indeed have a project of which I have been made aware.

Two, I am a fan of the animé as was my brother growing up and jealously, he had a lot of the models. In fact I still own the complete original series on DVD and it moves w/ me from location to location.

Three, I have not passed nor have I been offered the gig.

I don't know which interview or screening this soundbite is from, but I simply meant there is that tent pole genre of film, that summer time pop corn film, that I am not interested in directing yet. There may or may not have been versions of the Robotech script that fell into that category. That doesn't mean that "Robotech" is a property doesn't interest me, or is not a film that couldn't transcend that genre, it definitely could go above and beyond that.

Hope that clears the air.
Thanks for reaching out.

Best,
Cary

ALSO REPLIED A FEW POST LATER WITH A REPLY TO RTSURFER THAT HE DID MAKE ONE GOOD MOVIE THAT I LIKE THAT HAD GOOD DRAMA. AND STILL BELIEVE HE IS CAPABLE OF DOING THE WORK.

NOW WHY WOULD I THROW MAV UNDER THE BUS AND FOR WHAT? THERE WAS A REPORT OUT THERE AND WAS JUST POSTED HERE. UP TO US TO FIGURE IT OUT. EXCEPT THIS TIME HE WAS MORE STRAIGHT FORWARD ON THE ISSUE.

SAME THING WITH TOM ROB SMITH WHO WAS ABLE TO REPLY TO A QUESTION ABOUT HIM BEING ON THE PRODUCTION TEAM.

SO DON'T GET ALL WORKED UP AND DEFENSIVE ABOUT CARY ALL OF A SUDDEN.

:)
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15437

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Title of the thread (which you posted);

CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN
PROVEN to be a FALSE statement....

Nuff said.

You keep twisting (and baiting of course)...I'll go back to my tournament, something FUN going on for Robotech fans.

BYE BYE! :woohoo:
13 years 3 weeks ago #15438

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

RTX is about the fan perspective but according to HG you're not a fan if you criticize their actions.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15452

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ps99041 wrote:

RTX is about the fan perspective but according to HG you're not a fan if you criticize their actions.

IF MANGA HER WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE ON YOUR PERSPECTIVE OF CRITICIZING IN HG REALM, HE WELCOME TO IT BUT HE WILL BE SHORT LIVE.

FOR A WHILE THERE I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LAST BUT YOU COULD NOT HELP YOURSELF.

WELCOME TO RTX. YOUR OTHER CHOICE FOR FAN PERSPECTIVE.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15456

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

IF MANGA HER WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE ON YOUR PERSPECTIVE OF CRITICIZING IN HG REALM, HE WELCOME TO IT BUT HE WILL BE SHORT LIVE.

FOR A WHILE THERE I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LAST BUT YOU COULD NOT HELP YOURSELF.

WELCOME TO RTX. YOUR OTHER CHOICE FOR FAN PERSPECTIVE.

There is a difference between criticism, and telling the truth about people. I chose to tell the truth about a person and I backed it up. I know we as people dont like to be told, in honesty when we make mistakes and get called out on them, or have to make atonments. But if I was on my high horse being spoon fed (like some), and acting as if everyone who didnt agree with me had an invalid opinion, I wouldnt care either. But I do reprect the opinions of others. So I, dont go around crapping my McKeeverisms on the opinions of others.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 3 weeks ago #15461

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds