CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

Memo, if you really believe what you're saying then why haven't you delivered the news to rt.com, let them know WBs is looking for a director and that this smuck was too big of a chicken to accept the job? You've had no problem speaking your mind on the subject here.
Really, how hard would it be for you to repost your first three post from this thread in rt.com production with this thread's subject? If you don't then I'll take it as an admission you don't really believe he meant HG/WB's "Robotech".
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 1 month ago #15106

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

rtsurfer wrote:

Memo, if you really believe what you're saying then why haven't you delivered the news to rt.com, let them know WBs is looking for a director and that this smuck was too big of a chicken to accept the job? You've had no problem speaking your mind on the subject here.
Really, how hard would it be for you to repost your first three post from this thread in rt.com production with this thread's subject? If you don't then I'll take it as an admission you don't really believe he meant HG/WB's "Robotech".

BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE GOING BONKERS OVER IT.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW, WHEN I TRIED TO POST IT IN RT.COM, WHICH WAS MY FIRST PLACE TO POST IT, RT.COM WOULD NOT LET ME LOG ON. BUT AFTER YOU GUYS STARTED GETTING ALL EAGER FOR ME TO DO IT I JUST LET IT SIT HERE AND LET YOU GUYS GET WORKED UP ABOUT IT.

FUNNY REALLY.

NOW IF YOU WORRIED ABOUT WHAT HG WOULD SAY I ALREADY SPOKE TO SOME OF THEM AT THE JAPAN FUNDRAISER ABOUT THE ARTICLE. WE JUST SHARED OUR THOUGHTS ON THE DIRECTOR. NOTHING MUCH.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 1 month ago #15107

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

Since you are unwilling to repost your initial three posts over in rt.com production with the same subject I have my answer, it appears you don't really believe Cary meant HG/WB's "Robotech". Wouldn't that make intentionally changing robo-tech to Robotech an act of deception?

Yes, it has been very funny reading this thread, I've been laughing at you the whole time as you try to wiggle out of your mess... HEHEHE

13 years 1 month ago #15108

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

rtsurfer wrote:

Since you are unwilling to repost your initial three posts over in rt.com production with the same subject I have my answer, it appears you don't really believe Cary meant HG/WB's "Robotech". Wouldn't that make intentionally changing robo-tech to Robotech an act of deception?

Yes, it has been very funny reading this thread, I've been laughing at you the whole time as you try to wiggle out of your mess... HEHEHE

SEE HOW FUNNY THIS WHOLE THING IS? YOU COME IN AT THE LAST MINUTE WITH A GOOD QUESTION THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING AND AS ALWAYS YOU STILL DO THE SAME THING EVERY TIME.

I AM NOT DECEPTIVE TO ANYONE SINCE YOU KNOW IT'S ROBOTECH. YOU STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED WHAT OTHER "ROBO-TECH/ROBOTECH" MOVIE IS BEING WORKED ON.

LIKE I ALWAYS SAY... WE GET OUR LAUGHS. I USUALLY CAN TELL RIGHT AWAY WHEN THE FIRST POST STARTS COMING. YOU THE EASIEST.

I DO QUIET ENJOY MYSELF, THANKS RTSURFER

HEHEHE
;)
13 years 1 month ago #15109

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

NOPE. DID IT ON PURPOSE. ONLY ONE ROBOTECH MOVIE OUT THERE THAT IS BEING MADE. UNLESS YOU CAN NAME ANOTHER. ESPECIALLY WHEN ROBO-TECH IS USED ALL THE TIME IN ARTICLES WHEN REFERRING TO "OUR" ROBOTECH.

If I recal, this is the first article posted that, if indeed it was to do with Robotech, to name it Robo-tech. If this is in error, or contrary to the above recolection then obviously there is a second, unique source for all RT related news outside of mainstream channels and online media.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW, WHEN I TRIED TO POST IT IN RT.COM, WHICH WAS MY FIRST PLACE TO POST IT, RT.COM WOULD NOT LET ME LOG ON. BUT AFTER YOU GUYS STARTED GETTING ALL EAGER FOR ME TO DO IT I JUST LET IT SIT HERE AND LET YOU GUYS GET WORKED UP ABOUT IT.

And here I was thinking the rather non-responcive lackluster thread posted by Juan on RT.com concurrent to this was a major factor of noncommitment to your otherwise aggressive reporting along-side select individuals was the reason.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

YOU DO CARE. WHY YOU KEEP POSTING HERE. CREDIT OR NON CREDIT IS NOT ME TO DECIDE. BUT THE READER. IF YOU SUGGESTING IT GO IN RT.COM I SAY THEN PUT IT THERE YOURSELF.

Did you actually understand what I said? Was my 'Britishness' getting in the way of the point? That is an assumption; speculation. It is something I try not to do. Simply put if I were to post such an article, I would read through and eliminate assumption, doubt, and speculation while highlighting the known facts. I don't care for the ins and outs of the article as it is in no way an accurate representation of the facts. You also eroneously assume my activity on this forum, why is that?

NB:Ask me if you need a translation in order to fully understand prior to posting a mirrored post.
13 years 1 month ago #15110

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

SEE HOW FUNNY THIS WHOLE THING IS? YOU COME IN AT THE LAST MINUTE WITH A GOOD QUESTION THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING AND AS ALWAYS YOU STILL DO THE SAME THING EVERY TIME.

I AM NOT DECEPTIVE TO ANYONE SINCE YOU KNOW IT'S ROBOTECH. YOU STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED WHAT OTHER "ROBO-TECH/ROBOTECH" MOVIE IS BEING WORKED ON.

LIKE I ALWAYS SAY... WE GET OUR LAUGHS. I USUALLY CAN TELL RIGHT AWAY WHEN THE FIRST POST STARTS COMING. YOU THE EASIEST.

I DO QUIET ENJOY MYSELF, THANKS RTSURFER

HEHEHE
;)

How is this the last min, do news stories time out after three days? :laugh:
I didn't ask the question earlier because I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, I had hoped it was an honest mistake and that you weren't trying to alter the details of the article for your own dishonest purposes. Should have went with my first instincts, guess leopards don't change their spots.

I DO NOT KNOW IT'S ROBOTECH so by your own logic you're admitting to being deceptive. Which reinforces what I had already surmised from your earlier admission to altering the wording and your refusal to post the story in rt.com's forums.

I repeat, I DO NOT KNOW IT'S ROBOTECH. robo-tech could be Robotech but it just as easily could be robo-tech as in robotic-technology, or Robo Tech as in Hyper Crush's Robotic Technotronic, or any number of variations. In this case it most likely pertains to a movie or movie classification, so did Cary mean robo-tech or Robotech?
Show me another direct reference to some element of Robotech in that article or another article that says Robotech or has some secondary element indicating it is. Why would they even ask him to direct a movie like Robotech unless they are running out of directors and getting desperate? Also, news stories usually differentiate the movie title from the rest of the text with all caps, italics, underline, parenthesis, a mark, etc., in this case they didn't. Besides, someone may have but I don't recall seeing a Robotech LAM news story where they used robo-tech instead of Robotech.
Using robo-tech as in robotic-technology type movies makes more sense. Granted this classification could include Robotech but how many others like Skyline, BattleLA, Avatar, Suckerpunch, Real Steel, Transformers, and the list goes on.

I think he meant the later, robo-tech.

To answer your question, I don't know of any Robotech movie currently being worked on. But for all I know there are a dozen of them in development, who knows. There are a number of robo-tech type movie in various stages of development and production, as well as recently released. I named some above.

Did you even read the rest of that article, some of the things he said concerning his views on movie making would reflect poorly on Robotech LAM if he did actually turn it down? I'm glad he wasn't referring specifically to Robotech.

I do not think he specifically meant the Robotech LAM. I am of the opinion he meant robo-tech type movies. Further, I believe you were being intentionally deceptive, and are afraid of a similar negative response if you repost this story in the rt.com forums.

13 years 1 month ago #15111

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

khoroshen wrote:

NB:Ask me if you need a translation in order to fully understand prior to posting a mirrored post.

BUT YET YOU NEED ME TO PUT IT IN RT.COM WHEN YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF.

rtsurfer wrote:

Did you even read the rest of that article, some of the things he said concerning his views on movie making would reflect poorly on Robotech LAM if he did actually turn it down? I'm glad he wasn't referring specifically to Robotech.

YES I DID AND A FEW OTHERS AND AS WELL SEEN SOME OF HIS MOVIE TRAILERS. TO ME HE WAS REFERRING TO ROBOTECH. AND I ALSO SEEN "SIN NOMBRE" A LONG TIME AGO. ABOUT GUATEMALAN IMMIGRANTS GETTING COUGHT IN GANG CONTROLLED ROUTES IN SOUTHERN MEXICO. VERY VIOLENT AND WELL DONE.

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER, IT ALSO HAS TO DO WITH WB AND THE PRODUCTIONS THAT WILL GET INVOLVED AS WELL. NOW IF IT WAS MICHAEL BAY THEN YOU GET A DIRECTOR WHO DOES WHAT HE WANT'S.

I do not think he specifically meant the Robotech LAM. I am of the opinion he meant robo-tech type movies. Further, I believe you were being intentionally deceptive, and are afraid of a similar negative response if you repost this story in the rt.com forums.

SEE, WE ARE DIRECT OPPOSITES OF WHEN NEWS OF ROBOTECH LAM OR ANYTHING COMES OUT. YOU CAN ALSO THINK IT'S NOT ROBOTECH AND THAT HE MEANT SOMETHING ELSE. BUT HE DID NOT. I POST AND MOVE ON. AND I SEEN ROBO-TECH BE USE IN REFERENCE TO ROBOTECH.

BUT STILL, BECAUSE YOU NEED IT TO BE IN RT.COM THEN I WILL LET SOMEONE ELSE POST IT.

;)
13 years 1 month ago #15112

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ALSO, ROBOTECH IS A DRAMA DRIVEN STORY. WHICH MANY FANS HAVE SAID. SO WHY I THINK WB LOOKED INTO THIS GUY FOR HIS DIRECTOR ROLE IN THAT DEPARTMENT.
13 years 1 month ago #15113

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

khoroshen wrote:

BUT YET YOU NEED ME TO PUT IT IN RT.COM WHEN YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF.

rtsurfer wrote:

YES I DID AND A FEW OTHERS AND AS WELL SEEN SOME OF HIS MOVIE TRAILERS. TO ME HE WAS REFERRING TO ROBOTECH. AND I ALSO SEEN "SIN NOMBRE" A LONG TIME AGO. ABOUT GUATEMALAN IMMIGRANTS GETTING COUGHT IN GANG CONTROLLED ROUTES IN SOUTHERN MEXICO. VERY VIOLENT AND WELL DONE.

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER, IT ALSO HAS TO DO WITH WB AND THE PRODUCTIONS THAT WILL GET INVOLVED AS WELL. NOW IF IT WAS MICHAEL BAY THEN YOU GET A DIRECTOR WHO DOES WHAT HE WANT'S.

SEE, WE ARE DIRECT OPPOSITES OF WHEN NEWS OF ROBOTECH LAM OR ANYTHING COMES OUT. YOU CAN ALSO THINK IT'S NOT ROBOTECH AND THAT HE MEANT SOMETHING ELSE. BUT HE DID NOT. I POST AND MOVE ON. AND I SEEN ROBO-TECH BE USE IN REFERENCE TO ROBOTECH.

BUT STILL, BECAUSE YOU NEED IT TO BE IN RT.COM THEN I WILL LET SOMEONE ELSE POST IT.

;)

You're making a conclusion Memo. Nowhere does he actually say "Robotech" or say WB asked him to direct - you're simply looking at "facts" and making a conclusion and we all know Robotech fans aren't allowed to make conclusions from proven statements according to Kevin. Otherwise, it'd be ok for us to say Shadow Rising is on hold/restricted due to the LAM since that's what most fans have concluded.
13 years 1 month ago #15114

Replied by Operator7G on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets "accidently" deleted. You know, like what happened with the 'ROBOTECH ANIMATED MOVIE 2011' thread...
13 years 1 month ago #15131

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds