CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

Memo wrote;

NOW WHY WOULD I THROW MAV UNDER THE BUS AND FOR WHAT? THERE WAS A REPORT OUT THERE AND WAS JUST POSTED HERE. UP TO US TO FIGURE IT OUT. EXCEPT THIS TIME HE WAS MORE STRAIGHT FORWARD ON THE ISSUE.

I thought that was the whole POINT of displaying such articles like these here on the forums. There is news out there if one takes the time to search for it.

As for the interpretation. It's obvious, let the fans speculation on the content, I didnt' write it, so don't shoot the messenger.

We have to agree that whatever news we can find outside the official PR from both Warner Brothers and Harmony Gold can be up to interpretation. Pure and simple.

Especially since according to the writer of the article, he wrote;

CF:
They’re always surprised with what I want to do and don’t want to do. I think they’re surprised I don’t want to do robotech. I don’t know, it’s like they want me to have a long career. And be prolific and make big movies. I want to be happy while I make movies and not just do things just to work. I want to do things I spend two years on. Because that’s what it means in the end. Or more! Sin Nombre, by the end was nearly 6 years of work. You only have so much time in life so everything you do needs to mean something to you.

Yes, what was written in bold was indeed written down in the article. Ethier Cary is making a retraction or the writer had taken liberities with Cary in the interview and condensed some of the dialogue or taken some comment out of context.

But going by what was wrote in the article. Those written comments were quite accurate in causing the basis of this confusion.

Zen72, good job in contacting Cary Fukunaga to get a precise answer. Have you confirmed this directly if so. I suggest you have an interview with him on the next Protoculture Times podcast. I would love for once an audio dialogue between you and Cary to gain an interesting perspective on the situation. It would ease my concerns.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
13 years 3 weeks ago #15465

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

MaverickLSC wrote:

Zen72, good job in contacting Cary Fukunaga to get a precise answer. Have you confirmed this directly if so. I suggest you have an interview with him on the next Protoculture Times podcast. I would love for once an audio dialogue between you and Cary to gain an interesting perspective on the situation. It would ease my concerns.

Mav...

So...Zen talking to someone who hasn't been approached about the RLAM would "ease your concerns"? How so?

Especially when Fukunaga made it pretty clear that he doesn't really want a continuing conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15466

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

RTX is about the fan perspective but according to HG you're not a fan if you criticize their actions.

IF MANGA HER WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE ON YOUR PERSPECTIVE OF CRITICIZING IN HG REALM, HE WELCOME TO IT BUT HE WILL BE SHORT LIVE.

FOR A WHILE THERE I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LAST BUT YOU COULD NOT HELP YOURSELF.

WELCOME TO RTX. YOUR OTHER CHOICE FOR FAN PERSPECTIVE.

Huh? Thanks...I guess?
13 years 3 weeks ago #15467

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

ps99041 wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

RTX is about the fan perspective but according to HG you're not a fan if you criticize their actions.

IF MANGA HER WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE ON YOUR PERSPECTIVE OF CRITICIZING IN HG REALM, HE WELCOME TO IT BUT HE WILL BE SHORT LIVE.

FOR A WHILE THERE I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LAST BUT YOU COULD NOT HELP YOURSELF.

WELCOME TO RTX. YOUR OTHER CHOICE FOR FAN PERSPECTIVE.

Huh? Thanks...I guess?

I think Memo is referring to me ps.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 3 weeks ago #15469

Replied by tredwards on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

Waitaminute...you mean he really was referring to robo-tech as a movie genre? Well, I've never heard of that genre before and neither has anyone else I know. But, Zen contacted the man and that's what he said.

I guess I'll do the honorable thing and say, I stand corrected, if not slightly perplexed. I would have made the same assumption as MEMO.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Wait...what? Do we really need to drag this out?
13 years 3 weeks ago #15472

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

tredwards wrote:

Waitaminute...you mean he really was referring to robo-tech as a movie genre? Well, I've never heard of that genre before and neither has anyone else I know. But, Zen contacted the man and that's what he said.

I guess I'll do the honorable thing and say, I stand corrected, if not slightly perplexed. I would have made the same assumption as MEMO.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Wait...what? Do we really need to drag this out?

I gotta agree, this topic is done and it's not worth dragging out just to have something to talk about regarding the LAM. Zen72 gave us some hard evidence which gave us closure so let's move on.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15476

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

WELL... CONSIDER THIS MYTH...

BUSTED AS THE MYTHBUSTERS WOULD SAY.

BACK FOR LOOKING FOR NEWS TI BITS OUT THERE.. SURE FIND OTHER THINGS OF INTEREST WHILE DIGGING.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 3 weeks ago #15481

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BACK FOR LOOKING FOR NEWS TI BITS OUT THERE.. SURE FIND OTHER THINGS OF INTEREST WHILE DIGGING.

But if you have to "dig" for news it's likely not credible or even relevant. The only tangible news to discuss are hard drives, hotel rooms, mystery boxes, and fans being put to sleep during convention panels. ;)
13 years 3 weeks ago #15484

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Probably the only good news that can come out of Robo-Tech is that the side story turns into a short, and the SR project is a go as the main piece.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 3 weeks ago #15487

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Probably the only good news that can come out of Robo-Tech is that the side story turns into a short, and the SR project is a go as the main piece.

If the sidequel turns into a short it'll make HG and Tommy look even worse than they already do as Tommy specifically stated it's a "full length feature". The fact that it won't even be completed by summer as originally stated was bad enough and raises the expectation bar considerably. It's also pretty pathetic that we don't even have a title for it yet. :unsure:
13 years 3 weeks ago #15493

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds