CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

well, "accidents" do happen periodically, especially when Robo-tech is concerned. ;)
13 years 1 month ago #15142

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

I saw the link to a Voltron (of all things) article where the writer referred to it as Robo-Tech, but he still didn't call it robo-tech in all lower case with no italics. :laugh:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 1 month ago #15169

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CARY FUKUNAGA APPROACHED TO DIRECT ROBOTECH LAM...TURNS IT DOWN

rtsurfer wrote:

I saw the link to a Voltron (of all things) article where the writer referred to it as Robo-Tech, but he still didn't call it robo-tech in all lower case with no italics. :laugh:

CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY
:P
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 1 month ago #15171

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

This topic really bugged me....and I said to myself...JT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.... :angry:

Just got this message;

Hi John,

I normally don't answer emails from facebook, I haven't read the link you sent but can imagine what it contains. Given the subject, I can set some of the record straight. You'll forgive me if after I set the record straight, I'm not huge on correspondences via facebook, but definitely thank you for at least asking me what was the what!

One, Warner does indeed have a project of which I have been made aware.

Two, I am a fan of the animé as was my brother growing up and jealously, he had a lot of the models. In fact I still own the complete original series on DVD and it moves w/ me from location to location.

Three, I have not passed nor have I been offered the gig.

I don't know which interview or screening this soundbite is from, but I simply meant there is that tent pole genre of film, that summer time pop corn film, that I am not interested in directing yet. There may or may not have been versions of the Robotech script that fell into that category. That doesn't mean that "Robotech" is a property doesn't interest me, or is not a film that couldn't transcend that genre, it definitely could go above and beyond that.

Hope that clears the air.
Thanks for reaching out.

Best,
Cary

Now, for TOTAL TRANSPARENCY, I did put in BOLD FACE TYPE AND UNDERLINED certain parts of Cary's message, those are the ONLY changes to the original message.

Thanks to Director Cary Fukunaga for clearing things up! B)

THIS IS JT FOR "CLEARING UP WILD SPECULATIONS AND ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT SUPPOSED DIRECTORS THE ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE" NEWS.

TOOT-TOOT! :woohoo:
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by Zen72.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15411

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

Great update! Now can you do the same thing with Tobey and find out the fate of the LAM cause I want my Shadow Rising!
13 years 3 weeks ago #15412

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

ps99041 wrote:

Great update! Now can you do the same thing with Tobey and find out the fate of the LAM cause I want my Shadow Rising!

No you don't, trust me on that one

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 3 weeks ago #15413

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

Zen72 wrote:

This topic really bugged me....and I said to myself...JT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.... :angry:

Just got this message;

Hi John,

I normally don't answer emails from facebook, I haven't read the link you sent but can imagine what it contains. Given the subject, I can set some of the record straight. You'll forgive me if after I set the record straight, I'm not huge on correspondences via facebook, but definitely thank you for at least asking me what was the what!

One, Warner does indeed have a project of which I have been made aware.

Two, I am a fan of the animé as was my brother growing up and jealously, he had a lot of the models. In fact I still own the complete original series on DVD and it moves w/ me from location to location.

Three, I have not passed nor have I been offered the gig.

I don't know which interview or screening this soundbite is from, but I simply meant there is that tent pole genre of film, that summer time pop corn film, that I am not interested in directing yet. There may or may not have been versions of the Robotech script that fell into that category. That doesn't mean that "Robotech" is a property doesn't interest me, or is not a film that couldn't transcend that genre, it definitely could go above and beyond that.

Hope that clears the air.
Thanks for reaching out.

Best,
Cary

Now, for TOTAL TRANSPARENCY, I did put in BOLD FACE TYPE AND UNDERLINED certain parts of Cary's message, those are the ONLY changes to the original message.

Thanks to Director Cary Fukunaga for clearing things up! B)

THIS IS JT FOR "CLEARING UP WILD SPECULATIONS AND ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT SUPPOSED DIRECTORS THE ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE" NEWS.

TOOT-TOOT! :woohoo:

Kudos to Zen72! Now that is news! Robotech news! McKeever, Yun, and Yune take note, this is how you convey factual information to your fanbase. Asking directly, and with respect a. Fan was able to get clarification, proving that the McKeeverist style of misinformation is not the best thing for the Robotech fanbase. Great work Zen!
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 3 weeks ago #15414

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

But if you don't follow McKeeverism, you'll have nothing to speculate about (afterall, I'm still waiting for Mav's proof that EDF may still be Robotech LAM in disguise). Giving false or misleading info about Robotech keeps the flame of hope alive that "Robotech is back baby...in China!" :woohoo:
13 years 3 weeks ago #15415

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

ps99041 wrote:

But if you don't follow McKeeverism, you'll have nothing to speculate about (afterall, I'm still waiting for Mav's proof that EDF may still be Robotech LAM in disguise). Giving false or misleading info about Robotech keeps the flame of hope alive that "Robotech is back baby...in China!" :woohoo:

LOL! no man, when you speak of the priciples of McKeeverism, that's Robo-Tech. When we have hard fact with regards to the franchise, that's not McKeeverism, that's real Robotech.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 3 weeks ago #15416

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: I FIGURED I'D GET THE STORY STRAIGHT FROM CARY FUKUNAGA HIMSELF...

Very good work, JT. I wouldn't have expected an answer from Cary, its cool that he replied to set the record straight. I'm glad you found out what was what.

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

LOL! no man, when you speak of the priciples of McKeeverism, that's Robo-Tech. When we have hard fact with regards to the franchise, that's not McKeeverism, that's real Robotech.

Mav is apparently too busy trying to fan that flame of hope with misleading info over in the rt.com forums, and explaining how robo-tech in China is where the money is at.

Now Mav can add Cary to his list of directors who have mentioned being influenced by or fans of Robotech. Just think it all started over wild speculation of what robo-tech meant.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15417

Time to create page: 0.719 seconds