ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

The could use it but they would trace all the frames and redo all the coloring, to bring it to a digital quality. It what I call digitizing.
12 years 11 months ago #15917

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

ps99041 wrote:

I'm starting to agree with this though they could use the scenes from LLA that take place after Mospeada's ending since the sidequel is supposed to be a flashback. It probably wouldn't match the animation that they're producing for the sidequel though. Also, having the completion date changed from summer 2011 to just 2011 makes me think that they may have planned to use LLA animation and changed their minds after all the backlash from fans about using the footage.

MAY
RELEASE OF CHINA TPB COMICS WITH NEW MATERIAL

JULY
ANIME EXPO
COMIC CON

I HAVE NOT SEEN MUCH OF A BACKLASH OF LLA. MOSTLY CURIOSITY AS TO WHAT THIS PROJECT IS.

WE KNOW THAT LLA IS AN OLD ANIMATION AND ANY ANIMATION ADDED EITHER TAKING PARTS FROM LLA OR PUTTING NEW PARTS IN LLA WILL COUSE, I THINK, A BACKLASH AS THAT OF "UNTOLD STORY". ANIMATION THAT CLASHES.

I STILL DON'T SEE HOW LLA WILL FIT IN A STORY. SO DON'T THINK IT'S LLA EITHER.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #15918

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I think spark300c was suggesting they could use existing animation as a template to draw new frames then color and shade them to match the rest of the movie's animation.

Its been a while since I watched LLA, is its animation that different from Mospeada's? I seem to remember that some scenes are lighter or use more pastel colors but otherwise I don't recall.
I can see them spending more time to replace LLA's animation as someone suggested, then they could say we were wrong and they didn't need it.
Even if they don't use LLA, I still wonder if they will reuse other Mospeada animation. I just can't imagine HG creating a full length animation that features flashbacks when they could have used existing animation for those flashbacks.
Then again, it would all depend on what the new animation looks like as the new and existing would need to mesh unless they purposely made the flashback animation look different.
We'll know eventually, there should be some kind of announcement at the summer cons since that was the original deadline HG set for completion.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #15925

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I was skimming the LLA animation a couple weeks ago on my laptop and in addition to lighter/pastel colored scenes, the animation itself looks dated as it's not super detailed.
12 years 11 months ago #15926

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I hope they don't go the route of a motion comic. Many people consider motion comics animation because they are drawn and move. This concept is just grrrrr.......

Anyway I still want to know who animated the new sidequel or whatever it is. No one seems to have an idea. For those who saw the preview was it an actual animated clip?
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #15927

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

WELL. WHAT GIVES IT AWAY IS THE TIMING OF THE PROJECT. MADE IN ABOUT A YEAR. DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO MAKE AN ANIMATION ESPECIALLY BEING A DIRECT TO DVD.

AND YES, IT WAS AN ACTUAL ANIMATED CLIP. NOT FINISHED THOUGHT. BUT IT WAS ANIMATED.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #15934

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Kind of interesting though that NO ONE else on the internet has given their thoughts about the footage - guess it really isn't reaching as many fans as HG though it would or the fans that saw it don't know use the internet. :(
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by ps99041.
12 years 11 months ago #15959

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Well then, I think it's time I went old school and wrote a letter to HG. I know it sounds incredibly naive but sometimes there are things you would like to say and if I don't try then I will never know so...let's see what happens.

On that note, since the incident with Kevin and you on RT.com, he has been much less active on the forums it seems.
12 years 11 months ago #15960

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Richardmvela wrote:

Well then, I think it's time I went old school and wrote a letter to HG. I know it sounds incredibly naive but sometimes there are things you would like to say and if I don't try then I will never know so...let's see what happens.

On that note, since the incident with Kevin and you on RT.com, he has been much less active on the forums it seems.

I noticed that too the couple of times I've looked at rt.com too. But I've also noticed that most of the posts are insignificant like talking about lost music tracks for a soundtrack that's taking way to long to see a release. In general, there have been less posts overall and that's just another example of McKeever and HG shooting themselves in the foot and slowly killing our beloved franchise :( Still, good luck with the letter...
12 years 11 months ago #15961

Thanks, I think people mistake frustration for us not liking RT but the truth is that if we didn't care for Rt we wouldn't ask WTF is going on..
12 years 11 months ago #15964

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds