The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

MEMO1DOMINION wrote: WOOT

WAS A SLOW INTRO TO FTWD BUT MADE UP AT THE END. SO WALKERS CAN SWIM EH?

KINDA LIKE THE MILITARY DROPPING BOMBS ON LOS ANGELES. I THINK THEY MENTIONED IT IN THE FIRST SEASON.

LITTLE EMO KID ALMOST HAD ME BELIEVING HE WAS SUICIDAL. BUT NOW LOOKS LIKE THEY GOING ON LAND FOR NEXT EPISODE.

NEVER HAD EEL BTW. WONDER WHAT IT TASTES LIKE.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water.................walkers! I half expected to hear the JAWS theme lol.

And yeah that was a hell of an intro, very cool. So since they dropped the bombs on the city, we know that's what "Cobalt" meant from the first season.

It was nice seeing how quickly Travis changed his tune when it comes to survival. I thought Madison would be the one to turn those people away not Travis. So I guess realizes the seriousness of this now. He was definitely acting like Rick in that sense.

Oh and Chris is definitely being kinda emo atm, but he just lost his mother so he's trying to deal with that, even if it means acting like a little shit.

And Alicia, what was she thinking talking to that guy on the radio? He obviously bad news and now we're going to find out just how bad this dude is in the next episode.

I was live streaming the episode tonight with a few friends while chatting. When it was mentioned they were going to San Diego we all joked that they were going to comic con :laugh: That's where I'd go too in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

And Strand was awesome but he was dressed too similar to Tyreese, and Nick still wearing those Grandpa clothes that are too big for him. I wonder how long it will be till he needs to get his fix. Anyway I think season 2 is going to blow it out of the water, no pun intended.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by LadyGrimes.
8 years 1 week ago #21821

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

So the filming for Season 7 starts next month and based on what I've read, it sounds like 701 is going to pick up where 616 left off. Meaning we're going to see the death in the Season's opening. Now Gimple has made it quite obvious he knows who it's going to be, but also said those clues he talked about in the episode weren't all that clear, meaning there's not enough to go by in order to figure out who's getting Lucilled. But anyway here at the most likely candidates for reasons for and against them being the one.

Aaron

+ Bonded with Maggie and even suggested naming her baby after him, mentioning that Aaron/Erin is also a girl's name.

+ Insisted on coming along with Rick and the others when he didn't have to, that's a red flag for a death right there.

+ Was the one who brought Rick and the others to Alexandria, so his death would definitely have an impact on them.

- Didn't get nearly enough screen time or development this season

- Hasn't outlived his comic version yet (who is still alive in #154) so he still has room for more story.

Abe

+ Had a lot of focus on him in Season 6, particularly about starting over.

+ Has outlived his comic version.

+ Was the only one who remained fearless in front of Negan while the others cowered in fear.

+ His death would have the most impact on Eugene, thus motivating him to become stronger.

- People are expecting his death

- He just got a second chance with Sasha even though he was a jerk to Rosita.

Eugene

+ Just being in the lineup makes him a likely candidate.

+ Already earned the respect of Abraham just like he's always wanted.

- Hasn't outlived his comic version and his story arc is not yet complete.

- Already willingly sacrificed himself by driving the RV so Rick and the others could try to make it to hilltop on foot.

Glenn

+ Has escaped death more than any other character.

+ Has been with Rick since the beginning so his death would have the most impact.

+ His death has been foreshadowed heavily since early Season 5.

+ He's been the moral compass of Season 6 which is a red flag for death in TWD

- Is no longer innocent since he killed for the first time during the compound raid on the sleeping saviors.

- Has same death in the comic so people are expecting it.

- Already had a close call with death in "Thank You" where he hid under the dumpster, so it would be foolish to kill him off after that stunt.

Daryl

+ Another Atlanta original who has been with Rick since the beginning. His death would have a great impact on many characters.

+ Him being in the lineup makes him a likely candidate.

+ People don't think he would get picked because of popularity so it would shock the audience if he did.

- Still has that ongoing feud with Dwight which will most likely continue in Season 7 if he lives.

- Is basically the face of TWD merchandise and considered the most popular character despite Kirkman's "No one is safe" rule.

- Lucille would probably get caught in all his hair anyway.

So there you have it, looks like a toss between Aaron, Glenn, and Abe so far. I didn't include the female characters because I doubt AMC would allow such a brutal death to happen to a woman on their show. And even when the death happens it won't nearly as graphic as it was in the comic for obvious reasons. In fact it wouldn't be a bad idea to switch between scenes like Negan bashing the person's head and then showing Rick's face watching as it happens. It would make the most sense for Rick to be the one feeling that loss, because he's the one who decided they should go to war with the saviors without knowing much about them other than what was told at the hilltop.

8 years 1 week ago #21827

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

HAHAHA, YEAH, THEY GOING TO COMIC CON.

WELL, I SURE HOPE IT PICK UP. THOUGHT I DONT WANT THEM TO LOOSE THE BOAT. KINDA NICE STUFF IN IT INCLUDING A SALT FILTRATION SYSTEM.

YEAH, HEARING RUMORS AS WELL ABOUT IT. THE ACTORS DID SAY THEY DONT KNOW WHO NEGAN KILLED. I THINK NO ONE KNOWS BUT THE DIRECTOR AND MAYBE THE WRITER.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
8 years 1 week ago #21833

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote:
Abe

+ Was the only one who remained fearless in front of Negan while the others cowered in fear.

I would say that alone is worth +++ or even ++++
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
8 years 1 week ago #21836

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:
Abe

I would say that alone is worth +++ or even ++++

Very true especially since Abe is the strongest man of Rick's group, so it would make sense for Negan to take him out. That said I'm glad Abe didn't get his comic death, because

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

8 years 1 week ago #21838

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

MEMO1DOMINION wrote: HAHAHA, YEAH, THEY GOING TO COMIC CON.

WELL, I SURE HOPE IT PICK UP. THOUGHT I DONT WANT THEM TO LOOSE THE BOAT. KINDA NICE STUFF IN IT INCLUDING A SALT FILTRATION SYSTEM.

YEAH, HEARING RUMORS AS WELL ABOUT IT. THE ACTORS DID SAY THEY DONT KNOW WHO NEGAN KILLED. I THINK NO ONE KNOWS BUT THE DIRECTOR AND MAYBE THE WRITER.

I hope they don't lose the boat either, but it sounds like that dude Alicia was talking to over the radio is coming for them. Hopefully that won't last long and either Daniel or Travis will end him fast. Out of everyone Daniel seems the most prepared for the ZA. A friend of mine has this theory that the FTWD crew are going to turn into the bad guys and if that's true I think that would be interesting to see.

8 years 1 week ago #21839

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

The Walking Dead Just Seemingly Confirmed A Major Season 7 Detail

So much about The Walking Dead is kept under wraps for the production process, with the show’s producers always so intent on squashing spoilers. But sometimes details will slip through the cracks, and sometimes those details come from within the franchise itself, as the comic book’s official social media sites appear to have revealed that Season 7 will indeed be introducing the major comic characters Ezekiel, leader of The Kingdom, and his tiger Shiva.

Since every day is a holiday of some kind, today happens to be National Pet Day, and the Internet has been rife with people sharing the appropriate hashtag. It looks like comic publish Skybound’s Walking Dead page got a little overzealous in celebrating Ezekiel and Shiva’s relationship, as they apparently had to change both a Facebook post and an Instagram post after hinting at both the human and animal heading to the show in the near-ish future.

The current Facebook post, which you can see below, had a completely different message originally, according to Comic Book. It used to say “you’ll get to meet Ezekiel and Shiva soon enough,” but obviously got a lot more vague the second time around.

On Instagram, the soon-deleted post reportedly said “Don’t worry, Walking Dead fans. You’ll get to meet Ezekiel and Shiva next season.” Along with a couple of tiger emoji, because obviously.

Now, the fact that these posts were supposedly deleted isn’t definitive proof that Ezekiel and Shiva will be introduced in Season 7. It’s entirely possible that it was misinformation, or unconfirmed information at the very least, which inspired the decision to go back and wipe the internet of those original words. But considering The Kingdom is soon such a big part of the story in the comics, I can’t imagine the creative team would hold off for another entire season before bringing them in.

OMG I am so excited but I knew they were coming soon anyway. The Kingdom plays a huge role in the war against Negan which will most likely take place in the second half of Season 7. "All Out War" as the story's called in the comics lasts through issues #115-#126, which is a lot of material to cover so we could be looking at Season 7 and Season 8 depending on which direction the TV series goes.

8 years 1 week ago #21851

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Since Season 7 is going to be Negan heavy I thought I'd include some of my favorite Negan moments from the comic I'm looking forward to seeing on the screen.

Posted under spoilers of course for well, spoilers and Negan profanity lol.

Negan's first visit to Alexandria.

Carl goes after Negan himself

Negan wants to see underneath Carl's bandages

8 years 1 week ago #21858

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Part 2

Carl shoots and damages Lucille

Negan wants revenge for Lucille

Season 7 is going to be F*cking awesome B)

8 years 1 week ago #21859

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

A little info on FTWD Season 2 episode #2

Episode 202 - We All Fall Down - Our group seeks shelter with a survivalist family. Madison tries to uncover the family's true motives. Salazar works to uncover Strand's intentions.

A survivalist family eh? Could it be the same one Jack is a part of? Guess we'll have to find out.

Also I have news regarding Season 7. Apparently the cast and crew are already arriving in Senoia as there was a Jesus sighting recently. :laugh: the actor Tom Payne of course. It looks like the earliest filming is set to start is April 25th with June 2nd being the latest. It's obvious they're going to be filming the death which should take place at the beginning of 701. I've also heard a funky rumor that the actor who dies is not allowed to book for any other job for 7 months, so if this is true I hope AMC plans on paying the actor if they're going to be 7 months with no work.

8 years 6 days ago #21879

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds