The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Tyler James Williams knows whom Negan killed on The Walking Dead

The mystery of who knows what about who died at the hands of Negan and Lucille at the end of The Walking Dead season 6 finale continues. Chandler Riggs tweeted out that he still did not know, and director Greg Nicotero said the actors were purposefully kept in the dark.

But then Norman Reedus said on the Today show that he did know who had died. And now it seems at least one former cast member was also privy to that classified information. We discovered this when Tyler James Williams, who played Noah in season 5 of the AMC zombie hit, stopped by Entertainment Weekly Radio (SiriusXM, channel 105) on Monday morning. Naturally we had to know if he knew who was on the receiving end of that barbed wire covered baseball bat. So, we asked the actor: Do you know?

“Yes,” says Williams. “Yeah, I know.” Not only does Williams say he knows, but he has known since well before they filmed that harrowing scene. “They were still shooting [season] 6,” says Williams of when he found out. “So like, middle of 6.”

While Williams will not fess up as to who spilled the beans to him, he does confirm it was a cast member. “Oh, yeah, of course,” he says. “We all still speak and they kind of keep me up to date and stuff on what’s going on and all of that. … You have to understand [showrunner Scott M. Gimple] knows everything seasons and seasons out, so people knew, but we can’t say anything. No one can say anything. So it’s actually better to say that we don’t know.”

Williams also talked about what it is like to watch the show after being on it: “It’s so weird. It’s fun in the sense of I have kind of the background information on certain things now. I’m not just watching it obscurely. And then also trying to fit this character’s storyline into what is happening — like the whole Wolves development, Noah’s family was killed by the Wolves. We really weren’t privy to that at the time and that whole thing, so that makes it a lot more interesting. But then there’s also, I’m watching my friends play basketball and get 82 every night. They’re killing it and I’m so proud of them.”

We also couldn’t help but wonder if Williams ever pauses before he walks through a revolving door, considering the gruesome things that happened to his character in one of them on the show. “Yeah!” he says with a laugh. “We are actually just talking about it today before coming in. You look at it completely differently now. That’s what’s really sick and kind of twisted about Nicotero and Gimple and all them — it’s like, who is is looking at that and went, ‘Huh? Yeah, that would be fun. Let’s kill somebody in that. In something that people love to use every day.’”

It's Glenn and that info is going to leak sooner or later once they start filming the death next week. Right now it's just promotional shoots.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
8 years 6 days ago #21971

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

The Walking Dead Season 6 Finale Lego Style

8 years 5 days ago #21983

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Casting call for Ezekiel already out.

TVLine has learned that AMC has issued a casting call for the recurring role of Augustus, a character who bears a striking resemblance to Ezekiel, who, in Robert Kirkman’s series of graphic novels, is the self-proclaimed king of The Kingdom. A doozy of a character, His Highness is described as flamboyant and wise, nice and weird.

Oh, and in the comic books, the former zookeeper also has a pet tiger named Shiva. You know, just for good measure!
Presuming the show continues to more or less follow Kirkman’s blueprint, The Kingdom will be revealed to be part of a trading network with The Hilltop. When Jesus introduces his buddy, Ezekiel, to Rick, a plan is hatched to take down the Saviors and avenge… well, we don’t know yet who Lucille bludgeoned. But there will obviously be some avenging going on. (Also of note: In the comic books, His Majesty has an affair with Michonne.)

*note*The article doesn't include the actual casting call that went out, but did mention they are looking for an African-American actor in his 40s.

8 years 1 day ago #22032

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Saw tonight's episode of FTWD and let me just say this is the first time I've ever seen a walker with crabs :P
It was even better when Nick fell on the walker I was like noooooooooo Nick now you're gonna get crabs!

But overall decent episode, kinda slow better than the last one I think. So I guess Strand's plan is to head to Mexico now, but let me just say he acted like a major arsehole. I get why he doesn't want anymore survivors on his boat but my lawd. Thank god Maddie let him know who's boss. And that scene with Travis cleaning guts out of the boat's filter was just nasteh. I was thankful I ate my dinner hours before this episode.

TWD has ruined my appetite a few times in the past, especially Season 2 the episode with dat fat waterlogged walker in the well. I was eating chinese noodles right when the walker was split apart and the intestines fell out. Ugh gagging just thinking about that scene rn.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 11 months ago #22045

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Negan's pre-apocalypse occupation has finally been revealed.

The new world order had to start somewhere.

Image Comics released the next three pages of Here's Negan, the 48-page story which will reveal Negan's rise (or fall) into villainy. The first page was revealed earlier this month. To get your hands on the first four pages, head over to your local comic shop and pick up a copy of the Image+ preview magazine. Every month, four more pages will be printed with the Image+ title.

(Spoilers for Here's Negan follow.)

It appears that prior to the world falling apart, Negan was a school teacher and ping pong coach. The story starts out with a younger, still sarcastic Negan coaching a few young men on their ping pong skills. When he is able to ruthlessly dominate one young opponent, he uses his colorful language and sexual references to further belittle the pupil.

After the pupil scampers off, the other two young men apologize, trying to stay cool in Negan's eyes. Negan, of course, wants to be the cool teacher in school. This is revealed when his girlfriend or wife approaches following the kids running out.

Things turn bad when she appears to have a seizure right in front of Negan and lose her footing.

I can only imagine what colorful language Negan must have used to insult that kid, but being that it's Negan it probably would sound something like:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

But Negan a coach? That's interesting.

7 years 11 months ago #22106

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote: Negan's pre-apocalypse occupation has finally been revealed.

Image Comics released the next three pages of Here's Negan, the 48-page story which will reveal Negan's rise (or fall) into villainy. The first page was revealed earlier this month. To get your hands on the first four pages, head over to your local comic shop and pick up a copy of the Image+ preview magazine. Every month, four more pages will be printed with the Image+ title.

It appears that prior to the world falling apart, Negan was a school teacher and ping pong coach. The story starts out with a younger, still sarcastic Negan coaching a few young men on their ping pong skills. When he is able to ruthlessly dominate one young opponent, he uses his colorful language and sexual references to further belittle the pupil.

After the pupil scampers off, the other two young men apologize, trying to stay cool in Negan's eyes. Negan, of course, wants to be the cool teacher in school. This is revealed when his girlfriend or wife approaches following the kids running out.

Things turn bad when she appears to have a seizure right in front of Negan and lose her footing.

I can only imagine what colorful language Negan must have used to insult that kid, but being that it's Negan it probably would sound something like:

I find simply the idea of Negan playing ping pong amusingly absurd
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 11 months ago #22107

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Negan's pre-apocalypse occupation has finally been revealed.

I find simply the idea of Negan playing ping pong amusingly absurd

He does it in the comic :P

and bonus

7 years 11 months ago #22109

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Just caught the latest episode of FTWD. Wow not a bad episode, a little slow but at least we got some backstory on Strand and also found out that "Abigail" the yacht is named after a guy.
Last episode Nick discovered that if you're covered in infected blood they don't smell you, so in this episode he put that to the test and even tried walking like them to appear more convincing :P

We also finally met "Jack" and his motley crew of asshats who ended up taking Travis and Alicia hostage. Strand got away on a raft but not successfully since the asspirates shot at it and deflated it while Strand played "dead" in the water. Shocked, cause I was so expecting Daniel or Madison to throw him overboard. SMH

Filming for Season 7 of TWD begins tomorrow. That means they will be filming the major death of course. Security is gonna be tight at the filming locations so I doubt any spoilers will leak for the moment.

Also I might be attending Walker Stalker Con this month if it doesn't fall on the same date as my surgery consult. Not everyone is going to be there but Michael Cudlitz (Abe), Josh McDermitt (Eugene), Chandler Riggs (Carl), and a few others as well as deceased characters will be there. If I do make it there I'm gonna have a lot of questions and of course try to get some decent pictures.

7 years 11 months ago #22136

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Okay chaps, I have some very juicy tidbits to share regarding the first day of filming.
Which I might add, should only be taken with a grain of salt.

7 years 11 months ago #22168

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

These made me laugh

7 years 11 months ago #22187

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds