The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

The season 6 finale redone and improved.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by LadyGrimes.
8 years 1 day ago #21907

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Can we just talk about this?

And how Father Gabriel went from being a sniveling coward who tried to get Rick and the others
kicked out of Alexandria, to stepping up as a fighter and earning Rick's respect within the course
one of season? I mean wow. I used to hate Gabriel's guts and couldn't wait to see him go but now
I feel he's redeemed himself. Earning Rick's respect is not an easy thing to do, but he managed to
do just that. It's just one example of the amazing character development this series has to offer.

Any other characters you guys hated but now like? I wasn't fond of Carl in the beginning either but
I gave him the benefit of the doubt and now he's an awesome kid.

8 years 3 hours ago #21917

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote: Any other characters you guys hated but now like? I wasn't fond of Carl in the beginning either but

I didn't like Andrea. Now she's dead and I like her better that way.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 11 months ago #21919

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Any other characters you guys hated but now like? I wasn't fond of Carl in the beginning either but

I didn't like Andrea. Now she's dead and I like her better that way.

Andrea's character was butchered too much. I love Laurie Holden but damn the writing for her was bad especially in season 3. They should've made her more like comic Andrea. Though I still wonder had Gimple been able to save Andrea from dying, would he have given her better writing? Glen Mazzara aka Mazzacre didn't know what the hell he was doing and it's a good thing he got fired because I read that he was planning on killing off more characters including Rick and Carl and making Daryl the star of the show. Ugh god that would've been awful. I like Daryl but Norman Reedus cannot carry a show by himself.

So lets talk favorites. Who is your favorite character and if you had to pick one episode from any season as your favorite which would it be? Rick Grimes is my favorite character and "No Sanctuary" is my current favorite episode. Before that it was "Too Far Gone."

7 years 11 months ago #21921

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote: Andrea's character was butchered too much. I love Laurie Holden but damn the writing for her was bad especially in season 3. They should've made her more like comic Andrea. Though I still wonder had Gimple been able to save Andrea from dying, would he have given her better writing? Glen Mazzara aka Mazzacre didn't know what the hell he was doing and it's a good thing he got fired because I read that he was planning on killing off more characters including Rick and Carl and making Daryl the star of the show. Ugh god that would've been awful. I like Daryl but Norman Reedus cannot carry a show by himself.

So lets talk favorites. Who is your favorite character and if you had to pick one episode from any season as your favorite which would it be? Rick Grimes is my favorite character and "No Sanctuary" is my current favorite episode. Before that it was "Too Far Gone."

Yeah Daryl's great but he's not a leader. He wouldn't WANT to be a leader. He's an awesome backup man to have on your side though. He's the type who would prefer to work in the background.

I honestly couldn't say which is my favorite episode, I couldn't even name a title of ANY episode. Maybe once the girlfriend forces me to sit through a DvD marathon I'll be able to come back and answer this, but fortunately we've just started watching Farscape on Netflix so that day is a long way off.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 11 months ago #21923

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Andrea's character was butchered too much. I love Laurie Holden but damn the writing for her was bad especially in season 3. They should've made her more like comic Andrea. Though I still wonder had Gimple been able to save Andrea from dying, would he have given her better writing? Glen Mazzara aka Mazzacre didn't know what the hell he was doing and it's a good thing he got fired because I read that he was planning on killing off more characters including Rick and Carl and making Daryl the star of the show. Ugh god that would've been awful. I like Daryl but Norman Reedus cannot carry a show by himself.

Yeah Daryl's great but he's not a leader. He wouldn't WANT to be a leader. He's an awesome backup man to have on your side though. He's the type who would prefer to work in the background.

I honestly couldn't say which is my favorite episode, I couldn't even name a title of ANY episode. Maybe once the girlfriend forces me to sit through a DvD marathon I'll be able to come back and answer this, but fortunately we've just started watching Farscape on Netflix so that day is a long way off.

I would say 4th of July weekend? That's one of the times AMC has their TWD marathon. But at least this time you'll get caught up with Season 6 and the dreaded cliffhanger. But at least during that same month we'll get the Season 7 comic con trailer, which I'm curious to see how they're going to pull it off without giving away the death of the person. But I have a feeling that info will leak before the comic con trailer.

By the way have you read any of the comic yet? If not and you'd like to I know of a site where you can read the whole thing for free and they update it once a month with the latest issue.

7 years 11 months ago #21927

LadyGrimes wrote: I would say 4th of July weekend? That's one of the times AMC has their TWD marathon. But at least this time you'll get caught up with Season 6 and the dreaded cliffhanger. But at least during that same month we'll get the Season 7 comic con trailer, which I'm curious to see how they're going to pull it off without giving away the death of the person. But I have a feeling that info will leak before the comic con trailer.

By the way have you read any of the comic yet? If not and you'd like to I know of a site where you can read the whole thing for free and they update it once a month with the latest issue.

I don't get cable television so I only get to watch whatever comes out on DvD. I might be inclined to find time to read comics though.
7 years 11 months ago #21929

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: I would say 4th of July weekend? That's one of the times AMC has their TWD marathon. But at least this time you'll get caught up with Season 6 and the dreaded cliffhanger. But at least during that same month we'll get the Season 7 comic con trailer, which I'm curious to see how they're going to pull it off without giving away the death of the person. But I have a feeling that info will leak before the comic con trailer.

I don't get cable television so I only get to watch whatever comes out on DvD. I might be inclined to find time to read comics though.

In that case Netflix should have Season 6 at the end of September. That's usually when it's updated. I know this because I always do a rewatch before the new season premiere even though I've already got the episodes to watch or make gifs from.

And the comic is great, in fact when you start to read it you'll appreciate the fact that there is almost no filler, and the storylines are handled better too. I love both but there are things I wished they kept in the show instead of changing it, but you'll see what I mean. Of course there's no Daryl in the comic as well as a lot of other characters and Tyreese was much different and introduced a lot earlier than in the TV show.

7 years 11 months ago #21931

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

New episode of FTWD on tonight. :woohoo:

I really hope Chris bites the dust soon. I can't stand him and his teenage angst. As a matter of fact Strand should make anyone under 18 walk the damn plank.

7 years 11 months ago #21942

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Wow that was a dark episode. The moment I saw those kids I knew shit was going down. Holy crap things are getting crazy.
Daniel is snooping around Strand's boat to try and find out his real motive. Then you got Strand talking on dat radio seems like hes got other people. Probably not good people either. The next episode looks even better based on the preview. Season 2 is already off to a great start.

I didn't sit through Talking Dead because I can only tolerate Chris Hardwick in small doses. :sick:

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 11 months ago #21947

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds