Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech? was created by Pizza-the-Hutt

I was wondering would the 25th anniversary make a differance for Robotech?

I don't know what to believe anymore because the only perks we got so far are

1. A nice new 25th emblem
2. New t-shirts
3. Some new stuff in the store

For some odd reason I feel that is all we are getting from HG for Robotech.Because since all that talk and hype about movies and Shadow Rising the only things we get are small stuff.All that hype that was talked about in Shadow Chronicles 3 years ago is gone and the only crap we got told is "things are happening" and "Tobey said he will work on it" and those things can go so far before normal fans starts seeing thru the bullcrap.

Other movies and shows talks about things and gets fans hyped up and then DELIVER on shows and products while the only thing we get for Robotech is "cricket"-"cricket"-"cricket" sounds of nothing and silence.

I sure hope these big bang conventions has something for us fans.

HG needs to realize that frustrating fans only works in Bizzaro's world!
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 2 months ago #9016

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

I was wondering would the 25th anniversary make a differance for Robotech?

I don't know what to believe anymore because the only perks we got so far are

1. A nice new 25th emblem
2. New t-shirts
3. Some new stuff in the store

For some odd reason I feel that is all we are getting from HG for Robotech.Because since all that talk and hype about movies and Shadow Rising the only things we get are small stuff.All that hype that was talked about in Shadow Chronicles 3 years ago is gone and the only crap we got told is "things are happening" and "Tobey said he will work on it" and those things can go so far before normal fans starts seeing thru the bullcrap.

Other movies and shows talks about things and gets fans hyped up and then DELIVER on shows and products while the only thing we get for Robotech is "cricket"-"cricket"-"cricket" sounds of nothing and silence.

I sure hope these big bang conventions has something for us fans.

HG needs to realize that frustrating fans only works in Bizzaro's world!

join the club, bub

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #9098

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Aladdin-Sane on topic Re: Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

Probably not.

So far their plans seem to include the Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles trade paperback (what's old is new then old then new again!) which I might actually buy (didn't get the original run but it's cheap enough that I'd maybe consider buying it. Note to HG: Love & War trade would be nice too, though I still need to get the From the Stars one), and showing the Codename: ROBOTECH clipshow (which has zero new material, and is already in the possession of any fan with the Robotech Extras Disc 1 via the Protoculture Collection or the previous release) at conventions.

I wouldn't be holding my breath for Shadow Rising, anything substantial regarding the LAME or pretty much anything else as far as new ROBOTECH story material goes.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Aladdin-Sane.
14 years 2 months ago #9101

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

No.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 2 months ago #9112

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re: Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robot

Oh man
I seriously doubt a old fan like me will be "WOWed" back into the hype of Robotech if all they got to offer us is t-shirts,novels and more mecahs at the store.

What is the saddest (and most likely a not true) reason why Robotech and Shadow Rising came to a dead stop is because HG made Robotech LAM their priority (which was a dumb mistake) and that cause everything else to go on hiatus (or indefinte hold) when so many other movies released that did not eclipse eachother for example BATMAN cartoons and The Dark Knight did not bother eachother,

So why can't we have Shadow Rising now and LAM later?

I almost feel stupid falling for the hyped lies of the activity of Robotech.Sure glad I am more of a Transformer and Voltron fan than Robotech or I would be a normal man ignoring cartoons by now.
14 years 2 months ago #9117

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re: Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robot

Okay... Who the hell are you, and what the helll have you done with the real PTH?

Seriously, this is what a lot of us have been saying for a while...
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 2 months ago #9119

Replied by mage on topic Re: Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robot

Viper wrote:

Okay... Who the hell are you, and what the helll have you done with the real PTH?

Seriously, this is what a lot of us have been saying for a while...

yeah, who broke PTH?
target by association

Proud Ecksbawks 360 owner
14 years 2 months ago #9120

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robot

Stay on topic people.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 2 months ago #9122

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

2009 WAS A YEAR OF INFORMATION BUT NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.

LOOKS LIKE SOME STUFF WAS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT BY END OF YEAR AND WAS PUSHED TO JANUARY.

MORE THINGS ARE COMING OUT IN THIS MONTH THAN LAST YEAR.

JUST HOPE THAT THIS MONTH MOMENTUM KEEPS GOING FOR HG.

FOR THE FANDOM IT'S ABOUT WAITING. FANDOM IS IN THE BACK SEAT WITH ROBOTECH.COM AS THE DRIVER. AND WE JUST REPEATING "ARE WE THERE YET?"

TILL THEN MOVE YOURSELF FROM JUST STARING AT THE DRIVER AND WHAT YOU CAN DO TILL THEN.

HECK, I HAVE. :P
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9125

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

2 MORE WEEKS AND I WILL BE AT SAN FRANSISCO TO THEIR FIRST CON.

WILL GET A GENERAL IDEA OF HOW THE REST OF THE YEAR WILL BE FROM WHAT THEY PRESENT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9126

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds