Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

Bravo Mark :D That is what needs to be said.

As much as many of us older fans may not like it we need to be patient. I don't like being so myself but i don't think that spitting fire is going to do any good at all. Personally I'm really tired of every forum that has anything to do with RT turning into a fire fight worthy of the Rain Of Death. It solves nothing.

As far as the 25th I'm sure that HG has something planned. The deadline isn't here yet so why worry about it? Even if nothing happens i'll b here watching my Robotech and playing BattleCry on 2 player with my son and enjoying it.

I think the purpose of RT has been lost amid all the fighting. It's becoming my catch phrase but "It's JUST a cartoon." :silly: cheers!

PS: Love seeing my Annie up there :cheer:
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 2 months ago #9341

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Uhh Mark
I guess we can wait until the "verdict" is in if memo can come back and say something big is from Robotech cons today.

And maybe you are right about nothing is being done,I think I know what they are doing,making up lies to tell the fans to keep us in the loop,you know?,lies like "things are happening" and "Tobey is interested in Robotech" and doing things to re-tell that crap so we be nice about the hiatus of Robotech.

Last Valk Standing
Uhm,If I recall you were/are frustrated on how HG handled Robotech you joked about using C4 to take over HG!,how can you suddenly make it look alright that HG put Robotech on hiatus?

So far HG is offering:
Maia (good one so far)

Cheap Zentradi vinyl pod

Prelude TSC novel (nice move)

paladium RPG's (I heard they suck and never on time)

Oh,I almost forgot,A frankensteined 25th logo.(Tommy might have forgot it was the 25th anniversary)

Only 2 things that makes it worth our while,the rest is bunk.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 2 months ago #9345

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

After reading the things that happened at AOD for Robotech I was confused why HG keeps showing Shadow Chronicles film clips and toys.When I read that I suddenly made a "Ben Stein" face and said "Wow"

Will Carl make a differance and will it be enuf to revive Robotech? I sure hope so and maybe he can get his chance to re-do and retell Robotech Untold Story they way he wants to.

Sad food for thot is maybe Carl will not be able to do anything either because how WB Robotech LAM actions damned anime Robotech to be on indefinte hold.
14 years 2 months ago #9376

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

PTH

I did provide facts that you did defend HG and merely asked folks to see why you threatened Dark for no reason so folks will see I was not just ranting.And how many times you defended HG on the legal battles?

DID I THREATEN OR WARNED? READ AGAIN.

And may I ask why you find it easier to try to debunk me instead of trying to prove Robotech is on a roll?

BECAUSE YOU ASKING ME :P

AND I DONT HAVE TO PROVE WHAT HG DOES. LET THEM DO IT ON THEIR OWN. IT'S WHAT I SEE IN THE FANDOM THAT PROVES A LOT OF WHAT YOU SAY WRONG

You have not made any hype or shown that HG has anything good for Robotech this year yet.Why is that?

WHY SHOULD I?

you are their number one and always you are "in the know" about things.so instead you carry on a debunk battle with me instead of putting integrity for Robotech on this thread.

UMM.. LOOK AT YOUR POSTS.. IT'S MEMO WHY? MEMO TELL ME? MEMO CAN YOU?

STOP ASKING THEN MAYBE I CAN MOVE ON.

And where are the other fans to support Robotech 25th anniversary?

STARTING WITH YOU? HERE

OTHERS IN THEIR OWN PLACE.

Also how can you stay so loyal and hyped for HG knowing they are lazy with Robotech? Are you not able to see the facts of procrastination of HG on how they treat Robotech? HG can't even get a company to mass produce their items.

I ALWAYS SAID, I SUPPORT ROBOTECH. AND THAT HG WILL DO WHAT HG WILL DO. AS WE CAN SEE YOUR LOYALTY AS WELL POSTING HERE ON A ROBOTECH FANSITE.

What else you got to say "good" for HG and how they handle Robotech?

I DON'T HAVE TO SAY NOTHING. ;)

I guess we can wait until the "verdict" is in if memo can come back and say something big is from Robotech cons today.

TO EARLY ON RLAM

AND HG WILL SAY "SOMETHING" WHEN THEY READY TO SAY IT. THEY HAVE REPEATED THIS BEFORE.

Uhm,If I recall you were/are frustrated on how HG handled Robotech you joked about using C4 to take over HG!,how can you suddenly make it look alright that HG put Robotech on hiatus?

MAYBE BECAUSE IT IS NOT? AND NOT STUCK ON 2007.. ;)

After reading the things that happened at AOD for Robotech I was confused why HG keeps showing Shadow Chronicles film clips and toys.When I read that I suddenly made a "Ben Stein" face and said "Wow"

UMM.. YOUR FACE BEEN STUCK LIKE THAT SINCE 2007. CANT HELP YOU THERE.

Will Carl make a differance and will it be enuf to revive Robotech? I sure hope so and maybe he can get his chance to re-do and retell Robotech Untold Story they way he wants to.

REVIVE? HE ACTUALLY THINKS THAT THE ONLY WAY TO REDO RTUS IS BY USING DYRL. AND DYRL IS OUT OF REACH .

Sad food for thot is maybe Carl will not be able to do anything either because how WB Robotech LAM actions damned anime Robotech to be on indefinte hold.

HEY! A SPECULATION OF 2010

NICE... BEST THING YOU SAID THAN THE REST THAT CAME OUT THINKING YOU STILL IN 2007. :S
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9392

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

LVS

As far as the 25th I'm sure that HG has something planned. The deadline isn't here yet so why worry about it? Even if nothing happens i'll b here watching my Robotech and playing BattleCry on 2 player with my son and enjoying it.

WHATEVER HG DOES HG WILL DO.

AND HG ALREADY STARTED WITH JANUARY'S CON.

TALK ABOUT JANUARY.. WILL POST IN THE APPROPRIATE THREAD

BUT WITHOUT RSR OR RLAM, THE SMALL EVENT OF MAYBE 400 TO 500 ATTENDIES (NOT FACTUAL NUMBERS BUT GUESSING) CROWDED INTO A SMALL HOTEL AND SOME PEOPLE WENT INTO JAPANTOWN (WHERE THE HOTEL WAS) AND WERE WALKING AROUND IN COSPLAY CHECKING OUT NEARBY SHOPS. WAS PRETTY COOL.

THERE WERE LOT OF ROBOTECH GOING AROUND AS PER PANELS BEING HOSTED BY CARL, TOMMY, AND TONY ON THEIR OWN OR GROUPED.

IN THE END THERE WAS FREE FOOD AND DRINKS CELEBRATION WITH THE GUESTS TALKING TO CON GOERS.
14 years 2 months ago #9394

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Memo
Did you just contradict what Tommy said to Moongirl's answer about DYRL?

REVIVE? HE ACTUALLY THINKS THAT THE ONLY WAY TO REDO RTUS IS BY USING DYRL. AND DYRL IS OUT OF REACH .

Either you are wrong or Tommy is wrong! I wish somebody would please make up their minds.

I DON'T HAVE TO SAY NOTHING.

Actually the correct way is "I DON'T HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING"

WHY SHOULD I?

Because you the one constantly saying HG and Robotech are on a roll then never post any facts to support HG and Robotech movement.

And as for your 2007 things you said to me,what the heck you talking about? I was not even active on RT.com during 2007.And trying to use a potshot at me knowing I was not around in 2007 is a clear indication of....never mind HE HE HE

I think your loyalty to HG has blinded you to the facts that proves HG is not being really good with Robotech,most questions I asked you on "Why HG...?" are logical.

Word :P
14 years 2 months ago #9395

PTH

Either you are wrong or Tommy is wrong! I wish somebody would please make up their minds.

THERE WAS A QUESTION BY YOU A WHILE BACK ABOUT CARL MACEK COMING BACK AND DOING UNTOLD STORY IN CARL'S VERSION AND NOT THE CANON PRODUCTIONS VERSION.

CARL SAID DYRL IS THE MOVIE HE WANTED TO GO ORIGINALLY AND THE ONLY ONE TO GO WITH HIS IDEA OF UNTOLD STORY.

CANON SCREWED THE POUCH PER SAY BY LOOKING AT DYRL AND DID NOT LIKE IT. GOING INSTEAD WITH MEGAZONE.

NOW, IF GIVEN THE CHANCE, CARL WOULD ONLY USE DYRL DUBBED INTO ROBOTECH.

BUT DYRL IS OUT OF REACH SINCE THE DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS ARE HOLD WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

PER TOMMY, HG HAS THE MERCHANDISING RIGHTS TO DYRL NOW. BUT WAS NEVER PICKED UP PRIOR TO 1998-2002

Actually the correct way is "I DON'T HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING"

OR.. WHEN I AM READY ;)
HEHEHE

Because you the one constantly saying HG and Robotech are on a roll then never post any facts to support HG and Robotech movement.

UMMM.. BEEN DONE MANY TIMES. BIGGEST ONE IS RLAM. NOW THAT'S HUGE.

And as for your 2007 things you said to me,what the heck you talking about? I was not even active on RT.com during 2007.And trying to use a potshot at me knowing I was not around in 2007 is a clear indication of....never mind HE HE HE

WELL, WHY KEEP GOING BACK TO SOMETHING SAID IN 2007 DVD OF SHADOW CHRONICLES WHEN RLAM APPEARED RIGHT AFTER?

I think your loyalty to HG has blinded you to the facts that proves HG is not being really good with Robotech,most questions I asked you on "Why HG...?" are logical.

NOT REALLY. I JUST STAY WITH ROBOTECH. DO WHATEVER I CAN FOR ROBOTECH AND THE FANDOM.

SOME JUST GET HOOKED LIKE A DRUG AND WANT AND WANT AND WANT..

;)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9401

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BUT DYRL IS OUT OF REACH SINCE THE DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS ARE HOLD WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

PER TOMMY, HG HAS THE MERCHANDISING RIGHTS TO DYRL NOW. BUT WAS NEVER PICKED UP PRIOR TO 1998-2002

At 3:59, Tommy says, "We are able to release Macross the Movie as a product."

Why would he say that if they didn't have the distribution rights?
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Gubaba.
14 years 2 months ago #9402

GUBABA

At 3:59, Tommy says, "We are able to release Macross the Movie as a product."

Why would he say that if they didn't have the distribution rights?

THERE ARE TWO TYPE OF RIGHTS.

THE ANIMATION DISTRIBUTION AND MERCHANDISING. THE ANIMATED MOVIE DYRL IS HOLD BY SOMEONE ELSE FROM WHAT I KNOW. BUT THE PRODUCT, WHICH IS MERCHANDISING THAT IS A SEPARATE ANIMAL, NO ONE HAS PICKED UP AND HG PICKED IT UP FROM TATSUNOKO.

WHY I SAY HG HAD A CHANCE TO PICK IT UP BACK WHEN THEY WERE MAKING UNTOLD STORY BUT CANNON FILMS DROPPED THAT IDEA. CANNON WAS FUNDING THE PROJECT AND HAD A HUGE SAY ON WHAT THE MOVIE WAS GOING TO BE AND DID NOT LIKE OR UNDERSTAND DYRL.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9404

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

THERE ARE TWO TYPE OF RIGHTS.

THE ANIMATION DISTRIBUTION AND MERCHANDISING. THE ANIMATED MOVIE DYRL IS HOLD BY SOMEONE ELSE FROM WHAT I KNOW. BUT THE PRODUCT, WHICH IS MERCHANDISING THAT IS A SEPARATE ANIMAL, NO ONE HAS PICKED UP AND HG PICKED IT UP FROM TATSUNOKO.

Memo...listen to Tommy's word in the video I posted: "We are able to release Macross the Movie as a product." Or, as Kevin McKeever put it, "We own ALL the rights to Robotech."

So. It seems like Tommy and Kevin are saying one thing, you're saying another. Where are you getting your information? Do you have a link?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

WHY I SAY HG HAD A CHANCE TO PICK IT UP BACK WHEN THEY WERE MAKING UNTOLD STORY BUT CANNON FILMS DROPPED THAT IDEA. CANNON WAS FUNDING THE PROJECT AND HAD A HUGE SAY ON WHAT THE MOVIE WAS GOING TO BE AND DID NOT LIKE OR UNDERSTAND DYRL.

That's beside the point. In 2004, long after the Untold Story, HG picked up the rights, and said they could release the movie.

Why would Tommy say the could release it if they can't? Are you saying that Tommy's wrong, or doesn't have all the facts?

If it's your opinion that they can't, that's fine. It hurts nobody. But if you're claiming AS FACT that they can't, well, I'm sorry; HG's statements don't back that up. Again, where's your proof?
14 years 2 months ago #9406

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds