Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

Memo...listen to Tommy's word in the video I posted: "We are able to release Macross the Movie as a product." Or, as Kevin McKeever put it, "We own ALL the rights to Robotech."

CHECKED IT. HE DOES SAY MACROSS MOVIE AS A PRODUCT. THEN CONTINUES WITH MERCHANDISING.

HEHEHE

So. It seems like Tommy and Kevin are saying one thing, you're saying another. Where are you getting your information? Do you have a link?

GOT ME THERE. ONLY THING IS CARL TALKING BEFORE 2004. WILL GET THEM LATER FOR DYRL. TO EXPLAIN FURTHER.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 1 month ago #9407

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

@PTH:

Please do not try and turn what was said in fun for a serious remark, we were jokeing around and I have spoken to you about this before. Taken out to context you can make anything said into whatever you want. I have never fought with you and do not intend to start thank you. Just because i have friends who hate HG with a passion(and may not be on good terms with you) does not mean i share thoes feelings. Learn to let it go please.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 1 month ago #9413

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

@PTH:

Please do not try and turn what was said in fun for a serious remark, we were jokeing around and I have spoken to you about this before. Taken out to context you can make anything said into whatever you want. I have never fought with you and do not intend to start thank you. Just because i have friends who hate HG with a passion(and may not be on good terms with you) does not mean i share thoes feelings. Learn to let it go please.

I shit in HG's coffee, srsly.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 1 month ago #9418

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

@PTH:

Coudn't have said it better, myself!
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 1 month ago #9421

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Well,
After venting about how bad I realized HG was treating Robotech and anticipating no new excitement from HG I admit that I feel bringing back Carl is a good move because he created Robotech.And I hope his part in Robotech's future will be big.Considering Robotech seems to have mummyfied after SC,Maybe Carl can come up with something to egg on HG to please the fans who was let down since nothing on Shadow Rising and the LAM will not come until year 2793.

Or does anyone think that the "lockdown" WB RLAM has on HG will cause Carl to not be able to make things happen?

I mentioned before that Carl has a better resume than Tommy in Robotech,Carl tried to make something happen 2 times in a 5 year period with Robotech (Sentinels and Untold Story) and not long ago Robotech 3000 and then he was let go from HG while Tommy only made Shadow Chonicles and cut and pasted alot of waltrip comics to make Prelude.

Carl coming back to Robotech could make a difference for the 25th anniversary after all.Lets hope so.
14 years 1 month ago #9436

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

I mentioned before that Carl has a better resume than Tommy in Robotech,Carl tried to make something happen 2 times in a 5 year period with Robotech (Sentinels and Untold Story) and not long ago Robotech 3000 and then he was let go from HG while Tommy only made Shadow Chonicles and cut and pasted alot of waltrip comics to make Prelude.

Tried and failed, that is...

Let's see, the Sentinels PHAILED after three episodes, and Untold Story is considered a joke.

Sentinels novels contradict themselves on a regular basis.

RT:3000 PHAILED before it even got off the ground.

Yeah! That's a real impressive resume.

Here's my question... Why the hell does anyone give Carl Macek credit for doing anything more than licencing three unrelated anime series and stringing them together in a somewhat haphazard way?

Seriously, I see all this BS about Macek being some kind of visionary or something, and all he really did was import SDF:Macross, SDC:SOuthern Cross, and Genesis Climber: Mospaeda. Nothing more than that.

And the reason he did this was simple. While he wanted to import SDF:MAcross, he couldn't do it without the otehr series, because syndication rules said that SDF:Macross was too short.

Get serious, folks... Macek's re-entry into the RT scheme of things is nothing more than a propoganda stunt for the upcoming convention tour, to give Tommy, Steve, Kevin and co. some illusion of legitimacy... nothing more.

SSDD
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 1 month ago #9441

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Well,
After venting about how bad I realized HG was treating Robotech and anticipating no new excitement from HG I admit that I feel bringing back Carl is a good move because he created Robotech.

I'm not really sure what "created" means here. He adapted three shows (four, if you include Megazone) into Robotech, he came up with new names for a lot of the characters, he created the concept of Protoculture for the series, he made a ton of changes to Southern Cross, he wrote "Admiral Hunter" into Mospeada, and he helped rewrite the dialogue.

But did he create the characters? The mecha? The storylines?

No one suggests that Franklin Cofod created Voltron, or that Ellen Leinoff created Star Blazers (in fact, most people are likely to ask, "Who?"). But those had similar script and concept changes. Why is Macek hailed as a creator while these others are not?
14 years 1 month ago #9443

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Gubaba wrote:

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Well,
After venting about how bad I realized HG was treating Robotech and anticipating no new excitement from HG I admit that I feel bringing back Carl is a good move because he created Robotech.

I'm not really sure what "created" means here. He adapted three shows (four, if you include Megazone) into Robotech, he came up with new names for a lot of the characters, he created the concept of Protoculture for the series, he made a ton of changes to Southern Cross, he wrote "Admiral Hunter" into Mospeada, and he helped rewrite the dialogue.

But did he create the characters? The mecha? The storylines?

No one suggests that Franklin Cofod created Voltron, or that Ellen Leinoff created Star Blazers (in fact, most people are likely to ask, "Who?"). But those had similar script and concept changes. Why is Macek hailed as a creator while these others are not?

It would just be better to say Carl made Robotech what it is
he adapted the three series and wrote the story which connects them.

That's all he did

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 1 month ago #9445

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

hmmmm... I was thining... if i could make an SDF-1 cake i should take pics and post them... after i get a job i may work on that LOL.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 1 month ago #9455

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Viper
I admit that Carl did not launch well on his other plans to continue Robotech.But the bright side is that he tried and so far Tommy only made MPC box art,Prelude and SC so that is why I feel that Carl made more attempts than Tommy.

Wow,gee folks,I was just trying to see a bright side to the emptyness of Robotech and looking for a spark of light thru the eternal darkness and hoping something could re-animate the mummyfied Robotech.

Last Valk
If you make a cake please do not use the "tres leches" recipe.
14 years 1 month ago #9460

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds