Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

PTH...

No, it's not wrong to 'want more', but in this case, I think it's a want that will never get what it wants.

[EDIT: CANNON FODDER DEBATE]

Abd, besides, according to the powers that be, Most of the stuff that came before RT:TSC is now considered semi-canon, or non-canon.

So, we find ourselves looking for something majestic and wonderful, and getting RT:TSC instead. Saying 'what a let down!' simply doesn't come close.

So, what do I do? I enjoy the original series, and remember it as something I watched as a kid. Other than that, I keep myself away from the drama and debates. They'll never end, and RT will never progress.

Why waste my time with it?
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9572

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Viper wrote:

PTH...

Yeah, Mospeada does have a follow-up OVA, but it's like a collection of music videos tied together loosely as a Yellow Belmont concert. If you've seen Macross Flashback 2012, it's a lot like that (although that should probably be the other way 'round, since Mospeada - Love Live Alive came out first). Not much new animation in it, except for the concert scenes and the whole crew showing up at the end (except Sorji (Sera)...she's stuck at home drinking coffee the whole time), but it's still a lot of fun. And the music's pretty good.

I wonder why it wasn't included on the ADV Mospeada set? It's on all the Japanese releases... :(

I kind of like Last_Valk_Standing's view, and its probably the most sensible.

But you know what I think would be a good idea? Some kind of hour-long TV documentary for Cartoon Network or SyFy or something like that. Give a little history of the show, interview some of the cast and crew, show some clips. Something like that could be good, and perhaps lure some more people in (or back in, as the case may be). No muss, no fuss, just away to reach more people who don't check the website or go to the cons.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9574

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Gubaba wrote:

Viper wrote:

PTH...

......Just away to reach more people who don't check the website or go to the cons.

I would have to second that. Infact there are many of us who do not reside in the US.. (and are not able to go there just in order to attend a con..) Some other way of advertisement, and letting people know what is new would be required. I have many people around me who have seen robotech, know what it is, but are apsolutely out of the loop on what is going on now.. (RLAM..Warner...etc)

Fandom does not equall to only CON attenders :)
14 years 2 months ago #9587

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

That is another thing that got me thinking about spreading Robotech around...

Seems only the "CON" attendees are the true Robotech fans because HG only saves the best info (what ever that is) to share at these cons.Which leads me to think 1 of 2 things,,

1.HG only budgets and target the die hard fanboys (cosplayers and those who travel alot of distance to CONS)

2,HG no longer has solid faith in Robotech because they realize alot are turning to Macross and realizing the "strangle hold" HG has on Macross and its products.AND if HG did have faith in Robotech then they would have made a national BIG SCREEN release to all theaters!

Now that I think about it,anyone thinks HG will treat Shadow Rising like they did with Shadow Chronicles?,,like an "underground" movie anime too?

Oh well,
I still keep a positive search for something to hype the old Robotech spirit.

We will see in March.
14 years 2 months ago #9609

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

PTH wrote:

1.HG only budgets and target the die hard fanboys (cosplayers and those who travel alot of distance to CONS)

2,HG no longer has solid faith in Robotech because they realize alot are turning to Macross and realizing the "strangle hold" HG has on Macross and its products.AND if HG did have faith in Robotech then they would have made a national BIG SCREEN release to all theaters!

I'm inclined to think that both points are valid, since HG's management and marketing practices seem to be taken from the 'Laurel and Hardy' playbook.

Then again, my cynicism has gotten stronger and stronger, in ragerds to HG. One can only stomach so much BS and still keep their brain functioning.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 2 months ago #9615

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Viper wrote:

I'm inclined to think that both points are valid, since HG's management and marketing practices seem to be taken from the 'Laurel and Hardy' playbook.

Then again, my cynicism has gotten stronger and stronger, in ragerds to HG. One can only stomach so much BS and still keep their brain functioning.

The thing is, I know there are a whole lot of people out there who watched Robotech as kids and more or less forgot about it...they never think of doing a Google search for it, or checking Youtube for clips, or anything like that (I speak from experience...two of my best friends from elementary school were big, big Robotech fans; I told them about Shadow Chronicles last year...they weren't aware of its existence).

I think HG needs to find a way to reach THESE people and make them want to become fans again. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like HG really knows how to reach out to them, since most of their advertising is done through the website (which you actually have to GO TO), Twitter (ditto), and cons...but a lot of people who saw Robotech as kids don't go to cons, and I believe most of of the people who DO go are not receptive to Robotech.

I actually think Star Trek conventions would be better than anime cons, anyway...
14 years 2 months ago #9620

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Gubaba wrote:

I actually think Star Trek conventions would be better than anime cons, anyway...

Which is why I think Harmony Gold was stupid to only officially come to DragonCon once. Despite ridiculous claims to the contrary, its ALOT bigger than Anime Expo could ever be AND its in Atlanta, the communications hub of the Southeast (if not all of the US now thanks to channels like CNN).
14 years 2 months ago #9623

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

And all that aside.. i think Robotech.com needs a full revamp.. and MUCH more content needs to be made especialy for it..

Starting from virtual ship tours, flash interactive mecha presentations, charater presentations.. , cast interviews(video). The site needs multimedia...
14 years 2 months ago #9628

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

UEG_Productions wrote:

And all that aside.. i think Robotech.com needs a full revamp.. and MUCH more content needs to be made especialy for it..

Starting from virtual ship tours, flash interactive mecha presentations, charater presentations.. , cast interviews(video). The site needs multimedia...

Well,considering the mods and admins can't even update a simple "infopedia" with Shadow Chronicles or remove "sold out" lists means that nothing will come from that site.But since Memo perma-banned me (because he took his d.O.l. friends side over the truth) I really have no reason to go by there because I got tired of the BS lies of "Things are happening,we're working on it" for Shadow Rising and RLAM.

If it was not me waiting for news on Maia,I would have faded out of that site anyway since nothing new for the 25th anniversary.

Who is the "web master" there anyways?,
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 2 months ago #9630

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds