Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

FOR THE FANDOM IT'S ABOUT WAITING.

Memo,We did not get any information on Robotech last year except a new writer for the LAM and the habitual bull corn from HG "We're working on it,things are happening" and "Tobey said he will work on Robotech" and that was so bland for us fans.

Also your point of view of FANDOM is rather dubious! what kind of FAN likes to wait for nothing? For the fandom its not "about waiting" its about being ACTIVE with a living franchise who delivers on products and activity.Also franchises apreciates the FANS who supports them.

An anime franchise is not a living active one if all they can offer us is mechas,books and t-shirts and a new fancy 25th logo.

Memo I challenge you,Go watch the special features on SC dvd "birth of a sequel" and then come back and tell us what happened to the hype and thunder!

Robotech missed the 20th anniversary bash,no doubt HG will screw up the 25th unless they make something happen.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 3 months ago #9138

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Pizza the Hutt wrote:
An anime franchise is not a living active one if all they can offer us is mechas,books and t-shirts and a new fancy 25th logo.[/quote]

Actually its not even a new image on that logo, its simply a circular photoshop with a 25 slapped on it.

Tada! Simple font with a stroke and a circular filter, voila!

That seems lazy to me: "Oh I forgot, its the 25th anniversary, I better piece together something."
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by SIGHUP.
14 years 3 months ago #9140
Attachments:

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

SIGHUP wrote:

Pizza the Hutt wrote:
An anime franchise is not a living active one if all they can offer us is mechas,books and t-shirts and a new fancy 25th logo.

Actually its not even a new image on that logo, its simply a circular photoshop with a 25 slapped on it.

Tada! Simple font with a stroke and a circular filter, voila!

That seems lazy to me: "Oh I forgot, its the 25th anniversary, I better piece together something."[/quote]

I think well have something going on this year. I mean if Toynami meets all of their deadlines of product due out for 2010. And if we get a surprise from them this year, then it will be worth while. I say we see what happens. HG may pull something together too. Remember we are suppose to have a bundle of RT product out this year

-Reissue of all grpahic novels
a- Love and War
b- To the Stars
c- Prelude to the SC
d- Comico GN's
-The Zentradi Battlepods
-The Maia reissue
-Marcus Rush Alpha(Possibly Super Shadow Fighter)
-The Shadow Beta- ala Sue Graham colors
-More Cyclones of Rook and Lancer

We should be a bit more optimistic.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 3 months ago #9143

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Robotech missed the 20th anniversary bash,no doubt HG will screw up the 25th unless they make something happen.

At least they do have the excuse that the economy is bad. It would be nice if they would put something cool together for the anniversary, but that's doubtful.

Instead the fans will hopefully get something together.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 3 months ago #9146

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

HashiNoUsagi wrote:

At least they do have the excuse that the economy is bad. It would be nice if they would put something cool together for the anniversary, but that's doubtful.

Instead the fans will hopefully get something together.

Didn't Kevin McKeever say that the bad economy hasn't affected Robotech? And that they're actually doing as well if not better than they were before the economic collapse?
14 years 3 months ago #9152

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

PTH

Memo,We did not get any information on Robotech last year except a new writer for the LAM and the habitual bull corn from HG "We're working on it,things are happening" and "Tobey said he will work on Robotech" and that was so bland for us fans.

REMINDING YOU AGAIN. HG DOES NOT OWE US ANYTHING OF INFORMATION. THEY ALWAYS SAID, WHEN THEY READY TO SPEAK, THEY WILL DO IT.

Also your point of view of FANDOM is rather dubious! what kind of FAN likes to wait for nothing? For the fandom its not "about waiting" its about being ACTIVE with a living franchise who delivers on products and activity.Also franchises apreciates the FANS who supports them.

(LOOKING AT PTH) REALLY, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF FAN? LIKE YOU WHO WAITED 20 YEAR FOR SOMETHING LIKE SHADOW CHRONICLES?

IN REALITY, THEY DON'T HAVE TO OFFER YOU ANYTHING.

Memo I challenge you,Go watch the special features on SC dvd "birth of a sequel" and then come back and tell us what happened to the hype and thunder!

RLAM. IN BUSINESS, IF ONE CAN MAKE MILLIONS OF A MOVIE LIKE OTHERS HAVE.. ONE CAN SURPASS WHAT LITTLE HAS COME OUT IN THOSE 20 YEARS. MAKING UP FOR THAT THUNDER WITH A HURRICANE

HOW YOU FIGURE? YOU BOUGHT THE DVD DID YOU NOT? AND MANY OTHERS DID AS WELL.

AND ACTUALLY, HG IS STILL CELEBRATING SINCE THEY STILL SELLING THE SAME MOVIE YEARS AFTER IT CAME OUT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 months ago #9155

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

GUBABA

Didn't Kevin McKeever say that the bad economy hasn't affected Robotech? And that they're actually doing as well if not better than they were before the economic collapse?

YES. AND THEY DID SAY WHY THEY STOPPED ON SHADOW RISING PRODUCTION AND WHY.

RLAM.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 3 months ago #9156

SIGH

ACTUALLY 20TH WAS EVEN LESS.
14 years 3 months ago #9157

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

YES. AND THEY DID SAY WHY THEY STOPPED ON SHADOW RISING PRODUCTION AND WHY.

RLAM.

Okay...this is where I get confused, but I may not have all the information. Here's what I've heard:

1. Early 2007: Shadow Chronicles comes out, sequel is planned.
2. Late 2007: RLAM announced
3. Mid-2008: Kevin McKeever says Shadow Rising is "on hiatus." Many fans get upset. KcKeever and Tommy Yune go on Space Station Liberty to explain that "hiatus" doesn't mean production has stopped, and Shadow Rising is certainly not on hold; production is continuing to move forward.
4. Sometime after that - one of the voice actors says he hasn't been contacted about voice work for Shadow Rising, leading some to believe that production is currently not progressing.

Do I have that right, or am I missing something? Has anyone from HG said it's on hold...?
14 years 3 months ago #9160

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

AND ACTUALLY, HG IS STILL CELEBRATING SINCE THEY STILL SELLING THE SAME MOVIE YEARS AFTER IT CAME OUT.

Too bad it's poop

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 3 months ago #9170

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds