Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

SIGHUP wrote:

Pizza the Hutt wrote:
An anime franchise is not a living active one if all they can offer us is mechas,books and t-shirts and a new fancy 25th logo.

Actually its not even a new image on that logo, its simply a circular photoshop with a 25 slapped on it.

Tada! Simple font with a stroke and a circular filter, voila!

That seems lazy to me: "Oh I forgot, its the 25th anniversary, I better piece together something."

All its missing is the LENS FLARE!!! whoooo hoo

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #9171

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

GUBABA

Okay...this is where I get confused, but I may not have all the information. Here's what I've heard:

ACTUALLY, YOU HAVE SIMPLIFIED IT.

1. Early 2007: Shadow Chronicles comes out, sequel is planned.

THIS IS TRUE SINCE EVEN VOICE ACTORS CONFIRM IT AS WELL. (NUMBER 4 AT BOTTOM)

2. Late 2007: RLAM announced

YEP.

3. Mid-2008: Kevin McKeever says Shadow Rising is "on hiatus." Many fans get upset.

KEVIN LETS HIATUS COME OUT MAKING FANS THINK THAT THERE WILL BE NO MORE CHRONICLES

KcKeever and Tommy Yune go on Space Station Liberty to explain that "hiatus" doesn't mean production has stopped, and Shadow Rising is certainly not on hold; production is continuing to move forward.

AT CONS AND AT SPACE STATION LIBERTY EXPLAIN THAT A BIGGER GORILLA HAS TAKE PRIORITY AT THE TIME. WB AND ALL ATTENTION HAS MOVED INTO RLAM. AS THEIR ATTENTION IS FOCUSED ON RLAM THEY STILL WORKING ON SHADOW RISING. HOW MUCH OR TO WHAT EXTENT NO ONE KNOWS.

4. Sometime after that - one of the voice actors says he hasn't been contacted about voice work for Shadow Rising, leading some to believe that production is currently not progressing.

THIS ACTUALLY IS LATE NEWS THAT ONLY CONFIRMS NUMBER 1

Do I have that right, or am I missing something?

YEP. YOU GOT IT RIGHT. AND NOT MISSING NOTHING. JUST THAT THE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER OF HOW FANS ARE DISCUSSING THINGS CAN MAKE IT CONFUSING

HEHEHE... WATCHING FANS GET FRUSTRATED OVER IT IS FUNNY.

OK, SORRY, SHOULD NOT LAUGH.. BUT WATCHING EVERYONE MAKE DEBATES OVER IT SURE TICKLES.

Has anyone from HG said it's on hold...?

YES... EVERYONE ABOVE FROM TOMMY, TO VOICE ACTORS, TO KEVIN.

BUT THAT WAS IN THE BEGINNING.

BUT AS OF SUMMER OF 2009 HG HAS SAID THEY ARE WORKING ON IT AND KEVIN BEEN POSTING.

JUST THAT FANS LIKE TO GO BACK TO 2007 AND ACT LIKE THAT'S THE OFFICIAL WORD OF 2009.

ALL GOOD GUBABA?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9174

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ALL GOOD GUBABA?

Yes, much clearer now. Thank you. :)

So Shadow Rising is moving along at an unknown pace, but RLAM is priority number one.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the RLAM will come out first, though...right?
14 years 2 months ago #9175

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

Gubaba

So Shadow Rising is moving along at an unknown pace, but RLAM is priority number one.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the RLAM will come out first, though...right?

CORRECT.

SPECULATION AHEAD..
YOU AND I KNOW THAT RLAM IS STILL TO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR AWAY TO BE COMPLETED.

NOW THAT MOST OF THE DEALS WITH WB HAS BEEN FLUSHED OUT AND A WRITER HAS FINALLY BEEN CONFIRMED AND NO CHANGE SINCE TOM ROB SMITH, I THINK HG CAN RELAX AND LET WB DO ITS THING. AND HG CAN GET BACK TO SHADOW RISING.

END OF MONTH OF JANUARY I AM UP AT SAN FRAN AT THEIR FIRST CON. WILL GET A GENERAL IDEA OF WHATS GOING ON AND WHAT TOMMY, CARL AND TONY HAVE TO SAY ABOUT SHADOW RISING.
14 years 2 months ago #9179

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Aladdin-Sane on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:REMINDING YOU AGAIN. HG DOES NOT OWE US ANYTHING OF INFORMATION. THEY ALWAYS SAID, WHEN THEY READY TO SPEAK, THEY WILL DO IT.

Well no, they don't "owe" anyone anything, but you've got to keep people informed if you want to keep them interested in your product. I don't expect an in-depth step-by-step blog constantly being updated with every detail of production, but it's been three years since Shadow Chronicles released; you'd think they'dve released a teaser, or some design art, or a logo or pretty much anything else by now.

When the only things on the horizon are an upcoming comic book reissue, some more overpriced toys and vague talks of a possible Hollywood movie in the future, with everything quiet on the Shadow Rising front and no new story material to interest those not into toy collecting you can see why some people would want to see something of (even the slightest bit of) substance.
14 years 2 months ago #9189

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Memo

REMINDING YOU AGAIN. HG DOES NOT OWE US ANYTHING OF INFORMATION. THEY ALWAYS SAID, WHEN THEY READY TO SPEAK, THEY WILL DO IT.

Robotech owes us alot considering the frustration created by their lies like "Birth of a Sequel" and then dead silence and "masterpiece" toys that are put together worse than legos.And let me ask you (and fans) how many you think will be around and interested when HG actually "speaks" of a new series?

(LOOKING AT PTH) REALLY, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF FAN? LIKE YOU WHO WAITED 20 YEAR FOR SOMETHING LIKE SHADOW CHRONICLES?

I was not waiting for 20 years,My mind faded away from Robotech around 1991 and since then I never gave it second thot until I got the game Battlecry.

RLAM. IN BUSINESS,

LAM is in buisness? Good one! and if that is their reason to blow off SR then they made the stupidest mistake because LAM does not even have a heartbeat.And you already assume it will make mega-millions.It could be worse than Robot Jox!

Oh man!
14 years 2 months ago #9191

Aladdin Sane

but you've got to keep people informed if you want to keep them interested in your product. I don't expect an in-depth step-by-step blog constantly being updated with every detail of production, but it's been three years since Shadow Chronicles released;

ACTUALLY THEY HAVE.
CONS, TWITTER, BLOG, AND EVEN IN THE FORUMS. POST AFTER POST AFTER POST OF THE SAME THING.

you'd think they'dve released a teaser, or some design art, or a logo or pretty much anything else by now.

WHEN THEY HAVE A TEASER THEY WILL SHOW IT. USUALLY AFTER PRODUCTION. THE WAY OF HOLLYWOOD.

When the only things on the horizon are an upcoming comic book reissue, some more overpriced toys and vague talks of a possible Hollywood movie in the future, with everything quiet on the Shadow Rising front and no new story material to interest those not into toy collecting you can see why some people would want to see something of (even the slightest bit of) substance.

BUT OF COURSE. CAN'T BLAME THEM FOR WANTING THEIR DRUG. PROTOCULTURE ADDICTS IN IT'S EXTREME.

BUT THERE ARE OTHER THINGS FANS CAN GET INTO. EXAMPLE ME, I SEE OTHER ANIME OR JUST RELAX AND WAIT. WHEN THE TIMES COMES THERE SURE WILL BE TOPICS ABOUT IT.

PTH

And let me ask you (and fans) how many you think will be around and interested when HG actually "speaks" of a new series?

HMMM.. YOU ALREADY IN THE POT. WHEN RTSC CAME OUT FANS DID SHOW THEY DID NOT DISAPPEAR SINCE 85. EVEN WITH THE SILENCE AND FAILED PROJECTS FROM THE 90'S, THEY RETURNED AND BOUGHT THE DVD.

I BELIEVE THE SAME WILL HAPPEN WITH RISING

I was not waiting for 20 years,My mind faded away from Robotech around 1991 and since then I never gave it second thot until I got the game Battlecry.

SEE, YOU YOURSELF ARE AN EXAMPLE OF HOW FANDOM MOVE ON AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT TIME PASSING. I MYSELF DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.

YES, THERE ARE THOSE THAT NEED THEIR ADDICTION, BUT WHAT CAN I SAY?

LAM is in buisness? Good one! and if that is their reason to blow off SR then they made the stupidest mistake because LAM does not even have a heartbeat.And you already assume it will make mega-millions.It could be worse than Robot Jox!

NOT REALLY. A RLAM FOR A BUSINESS BRINGS IN MORE CAPITAL THAN YOU THINK. ESPECIALLY DISTRIBUTION IN MARKETS YOU CAN'T GET IN AND MERCHANDISING REVENUE THAT MAKES UP FOR MORE OF THE EXTRA.

ROBOT JOX WAS THE BEST MOVIE OF ITS TIME OR MECHA. YEAH, YOU COULD GO BACK AND LAUGH AT IT NOW BUT BACK THEN IT DID PRETTY GOOD IN WHAT IT TRIED TO REPRESENT.
14 years 2 months ago #9197

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Memo

I BELIEVE THE SAME WILL HAPPEN WITH RISING

So you are trying to justify the reason why HG does not do anything good since Shadow Chronicles! by saying this you make it sound like "Robotech fans will come back in 5 years so we can take our time"

SEE, YOU YOURSELF ARE AN EXAMPLE OF HOW FANDOM MOVE ON AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT TIME PASSING. I MYSELF DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.

Memo,Considering that you think we should "move on" after Robotech made the announcement of a sequel in SC special features is not a very good defense for HG.That makes HG look bad for making hype of things to come and then suddenly you and hard fans and HG expects us to move on until the next wave of Robotech!,,ABSURD!

NOT REALLY. A RLAM FOR A BUSINESS BRINGS IN MORE CAPITAL THAN YOU THINK.

Uhh Memo,there is NOTHING on the RLAM!

Its the 25th anniversary and we got nothing big coming for Robotech.Admit it!
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 2 months ago #9249

PTH

So you are trying to justify the reason why HG does not do anything good since Shadow Chronicles! by saying this you make it sound like "Robotech fans will come back in 5 years so we can take our time"

I AM NOT JUSTIFYING HG LIKE YOU ARE. YOUR QUESTION WAS MORE ABOUT THE FANDOM. AND MY REPLY "IS" ABOUT THE FANDOM. JUST A FEW POST HERE AND THERE DOES NOT GIVE THE TRUE DEMOGRAPHICS OF HOW THE FANDOM REACTS OUTSIDE OF THE FORUM WORLD.

THIS I HAVE PROVEN WITH THE INTEREST OF SHADOW CHRONICLES AFTER A 17 YEAR DROUGHT OF ROBOTECH.

Memo,Considering that you think we should "move on" after Robotech made the announcement of a sequel in SC special features is not a very good defense for HG.That makes HG look bad for making hype of things to come and then suddenly you and hard fans and HG expects us to move on until the next wave of Robotech!,,ABSURD!

I AM NOT DEFENDING HG. NEVER HAVE. I JUST OFFER ANOTHER SIDE OF THE PICTURE. AND I DON'T CONDONE THEIR BUISNESS PRACTICE EITHER.

YOU ARE ALREADY DOING IT YOURSELF. YOU PTH ARE LIVING PROOF OF WHAT FANDOM IS DOING. MOVING ON AND AT THE SAME TIME STILL HERE. HOW ABSURD IS THAT?

Uhh Memo,there is NOTHING on the RLAM!

YOU HAVE PROOF?

Its the 25th anniversary and we got nothing big coming for Robotech.Admit it!

HOW CAN I? IT'S BARELY JANUARY.
:P
14 years 2 months ago #9257

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by treiz on topic Re: Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

"HG needs to realize that frustrating fans only works in Bizzaro's world!"

...and fans need to realize that the world, even Bizzaro's world, doesn't revolve around them and what they want or think or wish.
14 years 2 months ago #9262

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds