Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

hmmmm... I was thining... if i could make an SDF-1 cake i should take pics and post them... after i get a job i may work on that LOL.

make it chocolate and I'm there!

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #9468

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

HMMM..

DID HENRY FORD INVENTED THE AUTOMOBILE?

CARL DID MORE THAN ADAPT.

HE KNEW MACROSS BUT HE TOOK IT EVEN FURTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL CREATORS. HG DID NOT HAVE CARL VISION. CARL ACTUALLY DID IT BY LETTING CARL BE IN CONTROL.

ONCE HG GOT TO EAGER WITH OUTSIDE INFLUENCE THATS WHAT BROKE THINGS DOWN.

IF IT WAS NOT FOR MATCHBOX PULLING OUT, AND HG WOULD HAVE FUNDED THEIR OWN, THEN "MAYBE" THINGS WOULD HAVE TURNED OUT DIFFERENT.

IF IT WAS NOT FOR CANNON FILMS HATING DYRL, AND HG "WOULD HAVE" SAID "BUY IT", THEN WE WOULD HAVE ROBOTECH DYRL.

HG DID GO DOWN ON THEIR OWN WITH 3000. BUT ROUGHNECKS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE VISION.

BUT THEN HG GOES ON THEIR OWN WITH RTSC AND BACK TO CARL'S FORMULA AND YOU GET SUCCESS.

FOR THOSE THAT WANTED NUMBER OR SALES OF DVDS FROM HG RTSC, I PUT UP VIDEOS AND THEY TALK ABOUT IT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9471

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HMMM..

DID HENRY FORD INVENTED THE AUTOMOBILE?

CARL DID MORE THAN ADAPT.

That's true...if you're talking about the Masters Saga. He changed tons of stuff in that one.

For Macross, what did he change?

1) Threw in a couple of references to the Robotech Masters and Zor.

2) Made Minmay more annoying (he said so himself).

3) Turned Minmay's little friend Yotchan into her cousin, Jason.

4) Changed a lot of names of characters and mecha.

5) Had Minmay sing a rousing war anthem instead of a mournful anti-war song during the big battle.

6) Gave everyone a lot more dialogue, especially the narrator, thus dumbing it down a bit (since the narrator is forever explaining what's going on onscreen).

7) Started the Rick/Lisa love story MUCH earlier.

8) Added the SDF-2.

9) Killed Gloval, Claudia, and the Bridge Bunnies.

10) Changed the explanation for the identical genetic structure of the humans and Zentradi from common ancestors (as it is in Macross) to "a coincidence."

Can you think of more? 'Cause that exhausts my recollection.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HE KNEW MACROSS BUT HE TOOK IT EVEN FURTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL CREATORS.

And yet, Macross is now the larger universe, with three TV series, four movies (and a fifth on the way), lots of OVAs, countless books, two magazines devoted EXCLUSIVELY to Macross, dozens of video games, quite a few successful live concerts, and a ton of toys and models.

Ever hear of the tortoise and the hare? :P
14 years 2 months ago #9476

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Gubaba

And yet, Macross is now the larger universe, with three TV series, four movies (and a fifth on the way), lots of OVAs, countless books, two magazines devoted EXCLUSIVELY to Macross, dozens of video games, quite a few successful live concerts, and a ton of toys and models.Ever hear of the tortoise and the hare?

But but but but.....
Robotech has panels every year that shows a clip from Shadow Chronicles,A habitual poor choice in toy companies,Got Tobey and WB to work on Robotech LAM by the year 2789,We got Shadow Rising that is on hiatus.We would have been told of a 3 Robotech sequel by now too,The RT.com website is so behind they never even bother to put Shadow Chronicles ships and mechas in their infopedia and they ignore people who submit fanart,HG re-issued Prelude and still use paladium for their RPG's

So you see,Robotech doing just fine because we keep getting told "things are happening"!

Ooooh,A nickle!
14 years 2 months ago #9482

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Ooooh,A nickle!

LMAO!!!

But but but but.....
Robotech has panels every year that shows a clip from Shadow Chronicles,A habitual poor choice in toy companies,Got Tobey and WB to work on Robotech LAM by the year 2789,We got Shadow Rising that is on hiatus.We would have been told of a 3 Robotech sequel by now too,The RT.com website is so behind they never even bother to put Shadow Chronicles ships and mechas in their infopedia and they ignore people who submit fanart,HG re-issued Prelude and still use paladium for their RPG's

So you see,Robotech doing just fine because we keep getting told "things are happening"!

SHHHH!!!!

MEMO might hear you! :blink:
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 2 months ago #9485

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

They ignore fanart because they didn't make it ;)

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #9490

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

GUBABA

Ever hear of the tortoise and the hare?

YAP..

AND HG STILL MOVING.. MIGHT BE SLOW, AND WILL FINISH REGARDLESS. ;)

AND WAIT.. ROBOTECH HAS MORE REPLAY VALUE AS WELL.

BUT I GUESS EVEN A NICKLE ON THE FLOOR CAN HELP FANS BUY FROM JAPAN.. WAIT, OR THEY JUST DOWNLOADING.. :huh:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9495

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Gubaba

And yet, Macross is now the larger universe, with three TV series, four movies (and a fifth on the way), lots of OVAs, countless books, two magazines devoted EXCLUSIVELY to Macross, dozens of video games, quite a few successful live concerts, and a ton of toys and models.Ever hear of the tortoise and the hare?

But but but but.....

Ooooh,A nickle!

There ya go...saying things that only a few months ago, you would've mercilessly attacked other people for saying. You would've called for them to be banned, said they weren't a real fan, accused them of being "Macross Purist Nazis," told them to "stop hiding behind Seto's skirts," and blamed their parents for raising such a miserable person.

Do you think that maybe you owe a bunch of people some form of apology...? Just sayin'
14 years 2 months ago #9496

GUBABA

Do you think that maybe you owe a bunch of people some form of apology...? Just sayin'

SO THE BANNED MEMBERS SHOULD.. APOLOGIZE? HMMM.. NOT A BAD IDEA.

:cheer:
14 years 2 months ago #9498

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

Actually Henry Ford invented the assembly line, Carl (hmmm little bit of irony there LMAO) Benz was the invetor of the automobile. But that doesnt detract from the point made.

hehe sorry i'm full of useless trivia
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 2 months ago #9500

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds