Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

GUBABA

Do you think that maybe you owe a bunch of people some form of apology...? Just sayin'

SO THE BANNED MEMBERS SHOULD.. APOLOGIZE? HMMM.. NOT A BAD IDEA.

:cheer:

Not everyone, of course (unless they want to, I dunno, cleanse their souls or something).

But if I start talking - repeatedly - about how Macross is SOOOO much better than Robotech and anyone who likes Robotech better is a worthless human being who should be banned...and then later I turn around and say, "Y'know, Robotech's WAY better than Macross," I think someone should call me on my shit.

At the very least, I'd like to think I'd say, "Wow, you guys were right. I was wrong. Sorry I was such a pest."
14 years 2 months ago #9501

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

hehe sorry i'm full of useless trivia

HE, THANKS A LOT KIMOSABE... ;)

BESIDES GUBABA SMART ALECK REMARKS WE NEED MORE FRESH ONES WITH SOME WACKY INSERTS A LA BEACKMAN'S WORLD

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9503

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Gubaba

At the very least, I'd like to think I'd say, "Wow, you guys were right. I was wrong. Sorry I was such a pest."

I am not making my choice on who is right or wrong,I do not blame the product (Macross) but we both agreed that it was the bad examples from both sides.

I admit I looked like a jerk at times but that was before I relized Robotech became a mummy and believed in the lies of "things are being done" and "we're working on it" and ignorantly followed the pipers to a legal battle crusade to debunk Macross and rub it in the Macross fans faces "We can use it for Robotech" bullcorn I started realizing that is not the side of the fence I want to be on.

I mean I never heard of a fan war with Voltron vs Beastking or a Yamato war vs Star Blazers but seeing all the negativity from Macross fans,Alot of it I can understand because Macross deserves to be distributed freely worldwide.

I dont expect to be accepted into the Macross fandom,But atleast Macross isn't mummyfied like Robotech.
14 years 2 months ago #9507

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BESIDES GUBABA SMART ALECK REMARKS WE NEED MORE FRESH ONES WITH SOME WACKY INSERTS A LA BEACKMAN'S WORLD

Aw, c'mon, I'm not THAT bad, am I? :P

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

I am not making my choice on who is right or wrong,I do not blame the product (Macross) but we both agreed that it was the bad examples from both sides.

I admit I looked like a jerk at times but that was before I relized Robotech became a mummy and believed in the lies of "things are being done" and "we're working on it" and ignorantly followed the pipers to a legal battle crusade to debunk Macross and rub it in the Macross fans faces "We can use it for Robotech" bullcorn I started realizing that is not the side of the fence I want to be on.

Ah, so it's not your fault, you just ran with a bad crowd. Just like it's not your fault you got banned from RT.com, it's because of that pesky D.O.L. And it's not your fault you got banned HERE before, it's because Sighup was having an affair with HappyPenguins.

Gosh, you poor, poor guy...what a string of misfortunes. Of course it had nothing to do with you calling people "Nazi" or "son of a hoe" or suggesting they commit suicide or anything like that, right? Just a sad victim of circumstance... :S
14 years 2 months ago #9523

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

hmmm.. vanilla..yeah vanilla cake for the base....
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 2 months ago #9528

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Gubaba
Gee,you don't hold back.You are partly right,it was not just d.O.l. but the "moderator" that made the poor judgement of talking their side when I was trolled.

Also since you are harping on my past errors I think you should consider that I do not harp on what you Macross fans has said to me by emails and PM msgs here because I learn to let go and seeing you acting negative on my attitude towards HG handling Robotech and how I am no longer afraid to like Macross bothers you because you think I am not good enuf for the Macross fandom so you are trying to goad me into exploding and say bad things about Macross and tomorrow I am a Robotech purist again.Well give it up,I let go.

And why does it bother you so much that I realized how bad things look for Robotech and I am getting deeper into Macross?

Laters
14 years 2 months ago #9529

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robote

Aye, let me stop both of you right here. You guys can start a new thread in the Fodder. Back on topic.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 2 months ago #9537

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

One thing that bugs me is why didn't HG ask WB to let regular Robotech run its Shadow Rising schedual.Did WB not think that the 25th anniversary is worth it for us Robotech fans? did HG try to attempt to ask WB to let HG do something for the 25th anniversary?

Maybe WB is not as smart as we hoped for because if they cared for Robotech fans like HG thinks they do then a logical buisness move would be to allow HG procede with something big instead of putting Robotech on hiatus until the LAM comes out.

It seems that 2 parties do not care for the 25th anniversary and that is HG and WB because otherwise we would have something to brag about.
14 years 2 months ago #9546

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Will the 25th bday make a differance for Robotech?

"Will the 25th bday make a difference for Robotech?"

I've been looking at this title and it hits me, It shouldn't make one bit of difference. Robotech no matter it's age has always been what the fans have made of it. It shouldn't matter what HG or anyone else does.

Will the 25th annum make a diff? In my opinion no, and It shouldn't. That is like doing somehthing nice for your wife or your mother or some one else close to you only on decades ending in Five. It shouldn't change how you feel about it or the satus of the thing at all.

I think the correct question is "Will the 25th bday make a difference for YOU, the fans?"

I'm gonna play around with cake mix and food coloring personally. I'm really too poor for anything HG does for it for it to matter to me. Besides i don't think i need a 25th anniversary to give me cause to celebrate RT or have hope for it's future. ;)
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 2 months ago #9551

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Last Valk
Well I thot it being the silver anniversary of Robotech it would have been nice to see something new because if I am correct,Tommy aimed for the 20th anniversary to release SC but things went weird.

And sorry for harping on "birth of a sequel" and stuff that was said in SC dvd special features but consider all those things said that was supposed to happen.3 years and nothing and HG is trying to blame WB for the "curveball" that slowed down SR.

I guess it was wrong for me and other fans to expect something on the 25th anniversary since other anime cartoons follow the same 25th tradition,like Transformers,Macross and Voltron.But HG does not need to follow traditions.

Is it wrong to want more anime from an anime?.I am tired of seeing just toys,books and t-shirts for an anime.Mark Warlock made an excellent point in that "losing interest" thread but a recharge of the original Robotech can go so far and so much.
14 years 2 months ago #9570

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds